Air Dream Deliveries?

Yes Only unresolved issue with facial recognition. Can override with FOB or card. # embossed on driver door panel production order. Mine-176. Couldn't resist performance mode. "Holy G's Batman!" Thought was going to black out!
Congrats!! To follow up on my earlier question about your post last Thursday. Did you say you reserved the DE only 3 months ago?

Im not going to deal with Alexa. Not using it. And i see no value turning on the facial recognition

Yes Only unresolved issue with facial recognition. Can override with FOB or card. # embossed on driver door panel production order. Mine-176. Couldn't resist performance mode. "Holy G's Batman!" Thought was going to black out!
Congrats! What's your DE# and sharing any pics?

Folks, the more I speak with my DA, the more I have come to conclude that they are nearly as much in the dark as we are. From time to time, the curtain opens a bit to reveal how little definitive information they are being provided by HQ. That's a hell of a sandwich for them to be in.

OK, enough empathy -- WHERE'S MY DAMN CAR!!! :) Just kidding. We know everyone is doing their best.

How on earth will they deliver 20,000 cars this year

Typical mass production ramp up. Any new product starts off slow. Once they work out the kinks in the assembly process and supply chain, it will be relatively easy to make 500+ cars a week.

Congrats!! To follow up on my earlier question about your post last Thursday. Did you say you reserved the DE only 3 months ago?
I did not reserve my DE 3 months ago-I I confirmed my order 3 months ago. I reserved on Sept 15,2020

Typical mass production ramp up. Any new product starts off slow. Once they work out the kinks in the assembly process and supply chain, it will be relatively easy to make 500+ cars a week.
Its different this time. They are being hit by component shortages. If this supplier continues to have issues, 2022 deliveries could be limited and our lucid airs will be rare!

Its different this time. They are being hit by component shortages. If this supplier continues to have issues, 2022 deliveries could be limited and our lucid airs will be rare!

Assuming it's a quality issue with a trim piece, once the manufacturing, quality, and inspection process get worked out, most likely they will ramp up quickly. Odds are the supplier had some type of defect that they didn't catch or wasn't clearly defined in the part inspection process, so Lucid is working with them on improving yield to meet their needs. They might need to live with lower yields for a period of time until the manufacturing process is improved, which adds cost in the short term, but this is all so common with new product launches.

Component shortages is a completely different situation. This stems from a lack of raw material or the inability of a supplier to meet demand because of high demand from other customers. Raw material shortages have been impacting some mechanical components made from steel, brass, etc but this have been in high volume situations. 20,000 cars per year is low volume. In my day job I'm dealing with raw material shortages on components we use 80,000 per day. Lucid at full volume is 83 cars per day. That's nothing.

The chip shortages have been related to supplier production capacity. Again Lucid is so low volume that this most likely won't impact them at the moment. Ordering 1000 chips from a supplier again is almost nothing.

My guess is Lucid has had the electronics and other lower cost components in inventory for months to cover the first 1000-5000 vehicles. Those are probably their minimum order quantities. Large expensive components like a dash board, seat, windshield, etc would be ordered in much lower quantities as they would want to minimize inventory and probably use slower manufacturing processes. The issue is most likely with a component like this.

At one point they said they had 13,000 reservations, then not long after they increased it 17,000. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were over 20,000 by now.

I did not reserve my DE 3 months ago-I I confirmed my order 3 months ago. I reserved on Sept 15,2020
Got it! Thank you. Hope you enjoy the heck out of it.

Im not going to deal with Alexa. Not using it. And i see no value turning on the facial recognition
Unfortunately, the voice commands in the car use Alexa. So if you want use voice to raise the temperature, Alexa's your only choice right now. Also, unfortunately, Alexa requires an internet connection. I guess car companies nowadays assume that you will have internet access everywhere – if you don't, you can't drive your car...

Unfortunately, the voice commands in the car use Alexa. So if you want use voice to raise the temperature, Alexa's your only choice right now. Also, unfortunately, Alexa requires an internet connection. I guess car companies nowadays assume that you will have internet access everywhere – if you don't, you can't drive your car...
So, you cannot control the temp settings manually?

So, you cannot control the temp settings manually?
You can control them manually in 2 ways: There are dedicated switch buttons in the center and and controls in the Pilot Panel. I was just using this as an example, in case you would like to control the car by voice.

Thank you. I'm so old school, voice activated anything is foreign to me. I disable it everywhere I can, but am beginning to accept its ubiquity in our modern lives.
Can't say how often my Android phone pops up, without prompting from me, but from sounds around me. "Bixby, I did NOT call for you!"
So, now it will be Alexa?

Pretty ridiculous, amazing for someone age 56.
Screenshot_20220108-180322_Adblock Browser.jpg

Sorry for anyone where it's black.

Thank you. I'm so old school, voice activated anything is foreign to me. I disable it everywhere I can, but am beginning to accept its ubiquity in our modern lives.
Can't say how often my Android phone pops up, without prompting from me, but from sounds around me. "Bixby, I did NOT call for you!"
So, now it will be Alexa?
Only if you actually say Alexa

Well I mean you can still drive, lol, don't let Alex give the wrong impression here.

Back