Air Dream Deliveries?

Tried all, still no luck. I also set up a new profile for my wife and was hoping that it would possibly allow the facial recognition to work. No luck. Must be something unique to my car, will post here when I have a solution.
Sounds like either a software glitch, maybe software reset, or a cam issue

Do you have the customercare email?

Do you have the customercare email?
Yes, I got an email acknowledging the issue and that they were escalating it to their internal teams. I am assuming it will be Monday before I hear anything back, which is no big deal.

@hmp10 can you please tell me what version your software currently is? Mine was delivered with 1.0.6 so I am just curious since our cars clearly left the factory for FL at the same time and most likely on the same truck. Thanks in advance.

Version 1.1.0. There are some issues, so I'm going to start a thread specific to software issues owners are experiencing to facilitate our helping each other sort things out.

There is only one interior on the DE, and it is exclusive to them (very close to the Santa Cruz though)

Yes, the Santa Cruz is closest to the Santa Monica that comes in the Dream Edition. However, the lighter part of the Santa Cruz interior is a bit lighter than the medium beige in the Santa Monica, and the Santa Cruz has a darker wood trim than the Santa Monica's silvered eucalyptus.

Sounds like either a software glitch, maybe software reset, or a cam issue

My friend in Orlando was not able to set up his facial recognition, even with the help of his delivery coach. The last time I talked to him about a week ago, the problem was still not resolved.

My friend in Orlando was not able to set up his facial recognition, even with the help of his delivery coach. The last time I talked to him about a week ago, the problem was still not resolved.
Did he try the soft reset like Ashoka explained?

Version 1.1.0. There are some issues, so I'm going to start a thread specific to software issues owners are experiencing to facilitate our helping each other sort things out.
Maybe the "fit and finish" part issue is actually a realization that they need get many, many software issues resolved before releasing any more vehicles. No need for any more beta customers at this point. I'm really sorry to hear of all of the problems. While I totally get some software bugs and delayed features, it does concern me that some customers would have gotten version not at all ready for release even according to them. That's scary.

Did he try the soft reset like Ashoka explained?

His delivery coach returned to the service center and called him from there later that day and several times the next day to try to find a fix. I assume they would have walked him through a reset, but I didn't ask specifically.

It seems Jon rettinger out his order in early June when did you all order?

It seems Jon rettinger out his order in early June when did you all order?
Most of us have gone over that already. Do you have an order in Blueice or are you just here to gather information hoping to make money on the stock?

His delivery coach returned to the service center and called him from there later that day and several times the next day to try to find a fix. I assume they would have walked him through a reset, but I didn't ask specifically.
This is why I personally believe the USB ports have to support data. Either they have a plug in location for software or use OBDII. I can't fathom the latter.

Tech has to be able to directly install software.

Most of us have gone over that already. Do you have an order in Blueice or are you just here to gather information hoping to make money on the stock?
I saw just now they started an order tracker so that will probably help my question. But I saw anywhere from sept 18 to Oct 2020

Maybe the "fit and finish" part issue is actually a realization that they need get many, many software issues resolved before releasing any more vehicles. No need for any more beta customers at this point. I'm really sorry to hear of all of the problems. While I totally get some software bugs and delayed features, it does concern me that some customers would have gotten version not at all ready for release even according to them. That's scary.
That sounds like the best theory yet. They realize there are big software issues, but by claiming it is a nebulous "fit and finish item", they can pretend to put it off on suppliers so they are not directly blamed.

That sounds like the best theory yet. They realize there are big software issues, but by claiming it is a nebulous "fit and finish item", they can pretend to put it off on suppliers so they are not directly blamed.

iam sorry it is not software. Software can be easily fixed with over the air updates. Model S software plaid had similar issues and they shipped it out. Fit and finish is 3rd party parts not meeting t dur requirements. I am software engineer.

Not exactly sure how you make money off these things just curious how orders. Yes I own thousands of shares but I am here until we are bigger than Tesla. Long term buy and holder and yes I do like to see the progress and also a reservation holder.

iam sorry it is not software. Software can be easily fixed with over the air updates. Model S software plaid had similar issues and they shipped it out. Fit and finish is 3rd party parts not meeting t dur requirements. I am software engineer.
I was mostly tongue in cheek with my comment. However, they do run a real danger in releasing more vehicles. Yes, you're correct that software can be fixed with OTAs. This is a good thing and why I'm relieved most problems seem to be software related. BUT right now, the customer service reps (as well as likely the software engineers) are able to take time to work very closely with each of the customers because there are so few out there. If you double or triple the number of folks out there with deliveries, you will overwhelm support and engineering will not have the time or the detailed information to react and fix quickly enough (not to mention the delays to work on new features). As another poster said, they need to get the software more stable quickly or word will leak about the issues. Better to slow deliveries and deal with that news than have issues like the ones being noted here much more far reaching. I work in software product management.

The software issues are by design it’s like saying the Porsche taycan has buggy software not a ton to do until you upgrade the gfx chips and fix the in efficiencies. I think they will get there they just need to absorb the feedback and keep going. Model S iteration one had all these issues.

The software issues are by design it’s like saying the Porsche taycan has buggy software not a ton to do until you upgrade the gfx chips and fix the in efficiencies. I think they will get there they just need to absorb the feedback and keep going. Model S iteration one had all these issues.
Huh?

Back