Air Dream Deliveries?

If Lucid sticks to what they say, they probably have all the plates already done and they are reserved for the customers in order of when reservations were made. But then again, it doesn't really make sense, considering Jon Rettinger upgraded his reservation to a Dream and was able to get one already.

In a perfect reservation world, he would have been put at the end of the Dream line and everyone else bumped forward, but logistics don't give a damn about keeping it in order and the reservation holders will never know for sure. Either way, I think the only true car that matters is #1, but even then being a # out of 520 is already special.

If Lucid sticks to what they say, they probably have all the plates already done and they are reserved for the customers in order of when reservations were made. But then again, it doesn't really make sense, considering Jon Rettinger upgraded his reservation to a Dream and was able to get one already.

In a perfect reservation world, he would have been put at the end of the Dream line and everyone else bumped forward, but logistics don't give a damn about keeping it in order and the reservation holders will never know for sure. Either way, I think the only true car that matters is #1, but even then being a # out of 520 is already special.
My guess with Jon is his number is the one of the DE holder that cancelled. Logistics would be a disaster to shift the numbers every time an order gets cancelled

Yea, that's why even if some other reservation holder reserved months ahead of him, logistically it just made sense to give it to him.

I finally got my DE "P" in Gold around Noon today EST. I will post my experience and a photo a little later today or tomorrow but just wanted to add that my car is DE number "111". I am loving the fact that my "P" with 1111 hp also happens to be #111 !! (original reservation was Sep 2020)

Everything on the car is perfect. The only 2 issues we have currently are software related (as I had anticipated).

1. Facial recognition for the profile is not working. It asks me to look at the screen behind the steering wheel and goes thru its process but at the end it gives me a "failed" error. The person who delivered the car also had no luck trying to figure this out and we even placed a call to Lucid customer care. At the end of multiple attempts, we are now "escalated" to the mobile team. Will update here once I know more.

2. Phone as key: Based on comments here by other users, doesn't sound like I am missing too much here but my car will NOT accept mobile pairing for the phone to work as a key. Interestingly, the bluetooth connected effortlessly for music and phone purposes but will not allow the phone to be used as key under "my profile settings".

I took the car out for a short test drive. I live in an area with brick/cobble stone streets combined with regular asphalt roads and I was tremendously impressed by how quiet the car is and how soft it rides (while also handling so well).
Just as comparison, I currently have or have had within the last 12 months: :Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead coupe, Rolls Royce Wraith, Bentley Bentayga, Aston Martin DBX, Jaguar ipace, Jaguar Fpace SVR, Range Rover Supercharged etc and in spite of that I felt like this car was at least as good if not possibly better/softer riding in the smooth mode than others on this list. It was also (at least for now) completely free of any rattles or squeaks whatsoever.

Looking forward to hearing from @hmp10 once he has his car too and @Alex once he has time to live with it for a day or two. Cheers and Happy New Year to all here!

Congratulations on receiving your car!

2. Phone as key: Based on comments here by other users, doesn't sound like I am missing too much here but my car will NOT accept mobile pairing for the phone to work as a key. Interestingly, the bluetooth connected effortlessly for music and phone purposes but will not allow the phone to be used as key under "my profile settings".
Did you initiate the phone as key using the phone app? I did it and it walks you through the steps to set it up. Click the mobile phone icon on the upper right of screen:
CACF27A5-BDEB-4518-8C66-D47ECFBD324D_1_201_a.jpeg

Congratulations on receiving your car!

Did you initiate the phone as key using the phone app? I did it and it walks you through the steps to set it up. Click the mobile phone icon on the upper right of screen:
View attachment 410
Thanks Alex. So in my case, when I click on that button on the phone, it gives me "Step 1" on the next screen. However at that point, its as if the screen is frozen and nothing else happens on the phone. There is nothing on that page to advance to the next step etc. As I am typing this I wonder if I should uninstall the app and reinstall it. Do you have Android or Apple? I am on android.

Thanks Alex. So in my case, when I click on that button on the phone, it gives me "Step 1" on the next screen. However at that point, its as if the screen is frozen and nothing else happens on the phone. There is nothing on that page to advance to the next step etc. As I am typing this I wonder if I should uninstall the app and reinstall it. Do you have Android or Apple? I am on android.
I'm on an iPhone. But after it says Step 1, you need to press Next or something, then it will say Step 2. I think it has 3 or 4 Steps. The "Steps" are just informative and they want you to wind up at the last Step with the correct menu in the car. In fact I went through all the Steps outside the car and then went directly to the Link Key/Device menu, which is the last step. Maybe pressing the icon does nothing other than give you instructions?

Got our car at noon today - #154. The Lucid delivery coach said it was the first Zenith Red he's seen, but he was not sure if it's the first red delivered anywhere. Here are a couple of photos from my iPhone. (Charged up my larger camera today, but it was mysteriously dead when I tried to use it.) I'll try for something better tomorrow.

photo1-7.jpg

photo2-3.jpg

We've spent less that 30 minutes driving it. but here are some early impressions:

- smoother riding and quieter than our Model S Plaid in all three settings
- car is flat out quick even in Smooth mode
- in Sprint mode it has the kick-in-the-gut, headache-inducing acceleration of the Plaid
- less front end lightness under hard acceleration than the Plaid
- incredibly responsive and precise steering . . . and it has no f---ing yoke!!! or badly-placed buttons
- so glad to get a turn signal stalk back that I almost cried
- not a squeak or rattle to be heard
- software lags quite a bit; some icons have to be hit "just so" to activate
- need to spend some time figuring out the software
- no geofencing or proximity approach to bring up Homelink; you have to press the icon
- though we set up Alexa with the coach's assistance, it is not working properly
- after coach left and we took the car on the road, Alexa started telling us is "does not support the device" to which it's linked, i.e., the car . . .
- haven't figured out how to initiate a phone call by voice command

Quick and dirty: it's an absolutely amazing driving machine -- probably the best we've ever owned -- with a lot of software things still in the works.

Got our car at noon today - #154. The Lucid delivery coach said it was the first Zenith Red he's seen, but he was not sure if it's the first red delivered anywhere. Here are a couple of photos from my iPhone. (Charged up my larger camera today, but it was mysteriously dead when I tried to use it.) I'll try for something better tomorrow.

View attachment 411

View attachment 412

We've spent less that 30 minutes driving it. but here are some early impressions:

- in Sprint mode it has the kick-in-the-gut, headache-inducing acceleration of the Plaid
- incredibly responsive and precise steering . . . and it has no f---ing yoke!!! or badly-placed buttons
- no geofencing or proximity approach to bring up Homelink; you have to press the icon
- though we set up Alexa with the coach's assistance, it is not working properly
- after coach left and we took the car on the road, Alexa started telling us is "does not support the device" to which it's linked, i.e., the car . . .

Quick and dirty: it's an absolutely amazing driving machine -- probably the best we've ever owned -- with a lot of software things still in the works.
Beautiful pics! I think I'm going to be pleased I went with the red as well. Glad to hear your impressions echo what most others have said - basically, car = amazing, software needs work. I would take that versus the reverse any day of the week. PS - the backdrop only enhances the first photo. You could probably send that to Lucid to post on their twitter feed :).

It is nice to hear @Alex and @Kzooguy and @hmp10 receiving your cars. Congratulations! We have Gold R 19. Payment was completed Dec 10, received Application for Title and Registration (Texas) Dec 14, FedEx it back immediately. But, it's coming this year according to the DA.

Last edited:

View attachment 411

View attachment 412

Congratulations. Looks beautiful, thanks for the impressions. Makes me all the more anxious to get mine.

View attachment 411

View attachment 412

Car is gorgeous. Makes me feel good about our decision to also get red. And beautiful setting. Your quick review of car exactly as expected. But I bet you figure out some of the software that has bedeviled others. Can’t wait to hear the detailed review.

I'm on an iPhone. But after it says Step 1, you need to press Next or something, then it will say Step 2. I think it has 3 or 4 Steps. The "Steps" are just informative and they want you to wind up at the last Step with the correct menu in the car. In fact I went through all the Steps outside the car and then went directly to the Link Key/Device menu, which is the last step. Maybe pressing the icon does nothing other than give you instructions?
Ok I figured it out. Might be useful for another future owner so figured I would put it here. I have a Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 phone (folding screen). Apparently the app does not work well in the full open mode. When I "shut" the phone and used the small outer screen, the "next" button which was missing earlier populated and the rest was very easy.
Facial recognition is still not working. Are there any set "Patterns" for moving your head in a circle when looking at the camera like it instructs you to do? I have tried multiple ways but no luck yet.

Make sure you are on your profile. Clear the previous records of your face. And just look straight ahead like you would while driving.

View attachment 411

View attachment 412

Whoo Hoo! I am SO glad to see you finally have your car and I'm loving the color. Its unique on an unique car! Congrats!

Back