• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Air Dream Deliveries?

Well Car line production according to Bear's photos looks pretty frozen so seems like there is some type of issue. 10 cars went out since Jan 1st to new customers.
Seeing how about 1 of those people exist on forum , it saying around a 10% penetration rate. IE, if 10% are a reported here, then 90% are not. 68 cars still on the Casa Grande lot all Dreams, so (3-6 of you a possibly still waiting) while the other 63 are not reporting waiting.

Well Car line production according to Bear's photos looks pretty frozen so seems like there is some type of issue. 10 cars went out since Jan 1st to new customers.
Seeing how about 1 of those people exist on forum , it saying around a 10% penetration rate. IE, if 10% are a reported here, then 90% are not. 68 cars still on the Casa Grande lot all Dreams, so (3-6 of you a possibly still waiting) while the other 63 are not reporting waiting.
I am still awaiting my DE. I was one of the fit/finish part delays. I have not heard from my DA. However, I have confirmed that my 21” Pirelli snow tires from my Model S are the same size as the DE 21”, so that will be good…someday.

I'm waiting, too. Was told mine was one of the parked vehicles in the drone shots, but is awaiting part(s). I'm "on the top of the list" for when the parts arrive.

On another note, I've been eying that Brooklyn Bridge offer I saw last week. Sounded like a really good deal to me.

I'm waiting, too. Was told mine was one of the parked vehicles in the drone shots, but is awaiting part(s). I'm "on the top of the list" for when the parts arrive.

On another note, I've been eying that Brooklyn Bridge offer I saw last week. Sounded like a really good deal to me.
I believe we have all been told we are “top of the list”.
I just heard back from my DA (took two days for him to reply to a simple email), with just vague uselessness. I’m starting to get really frustrated with the lack of transparency.

just tell us what the fit/finish part is, where in the list we are, and how many are coming on a daily basis.

I believe we have all been told we are “top of the list”.
I just heard back from my DA (took two days for him to reply to a simple email), with just vague uselessness. I’m starting to get really frustrated with the lack of transparency.

just tell us what the fit/finish part is, where in the list we are, and how many are coming on a daily basis.
The queue is 68 cars and it’s pushing about 1-5 cars a day. Patience I am sure they will get it figured out.

How much information is a publicly traded company allowed to share with customers regarding production?

How much information is a publicly traded company allowed to share with customers regarding production?

I'm also still waiting for my DE and one of the "fit and finish" customers. I stopped by the Millbrae Showroom/Repair Center yesterday and met the two Senior Tech Managers. There was a fully functional GT on the showroom floor in Stellar White with the Tahoe interior, which looked very nice and not at all as orange as in the photos. Really more of a Bentley caramel brown. If I was getting the GT I would definitely spec the Tahoe interior.

When I asked my DA shortly before the New Year’s whether or not Lucid had made its delivery goal, he said that he couldn’t comment, as it’s material information. So, yeah, they likely won’t say anything about it until earnings call. And this puts any short seller following this forum at a significant advantage.

I really don't think a delivery miss in this climate of shortages is going to make much difference in the stock price for more than a day or two, if that, as I think delays are already priced into EV stocks.

Rivian has experienced longer delays in getting the R1T and RIS to market. Tesla has had repeated delays in the past year, both with the Model S Plaid, the Model X Plaid, the Cybertruck, and the 4680 battery introductions. Mustang Mach-E's sat for weeks on lots in Mexico waiting for chips.

I'm also still waiting for my DE and one of the "fit and finish" customers. I stopped by the Millbrae Showroom/Repair Center yesterday and met the two Senior Tech Managers. There was a fully functional GT on the showroom floor in Stellar White with the Tahoe interior, which looked very nice and not at all as orange as in the photos. Really more of a Bentley caramel brown. If I was getting the GT I would definitely spec the Tahoe interior.

Do you think the Tahoe interior would work with the Zenith Red?

I have seen the Tahoe interior in the display car at the Miami Design Studio on four visits, and I now have a Zenith Red car. Personally, I think there is a risk of the orange tones of the Tahoe clashing with the deep burgundy of the Red. But as "color memory" can be tricky, it would be better to compare directly if possible.

If you have a chance to get to a Design Studio, you might want to take the Zenith Red color block and the Tahoe bento box into the outside sunlight and check it out. (Both Studios I have been to allowed samples to be taken outside.)

I'm not sure about the Zenith Red with Tahoe interior. I think on the Quantum Grey or Silver or White it would look really nice. Not sure about Black or Red.

As far as material non public information goes, individual customer communication about things like timing of when the goods will be received or why there is a delay would not be a problem. Of course, forums like this tend to amplify that individual information to more of a group level, but I really don't think that would count either. However, Lucid's probe by the SEC, although not relevant to @hydbob's question, might make them more hesitant to share info. It all would depend on the legal advice they are getting. Two different companies with the same fact pattern might handle them differently. I also agree with @hmp10's comment about Q4 deliveries but my response is more directed to @hydbob"s question.

As far as material non public information goes, individual customer communication about things like timing of when the goods will be received or why there is a delay would not be a problem. Of course, forums like this tend to amplify that individual information to more of a group level, but I really don't think that would count either. However, Lucid's probe by the SEC, although not relevant to @hydbob's question, might make them more hesitant to share info. It all would depend on the legal advice they are getting. Two different companies with the same fact pattern might handle them differently. I also agree with @hmp10's comment about Q4 deliveries but my response is more directed to @hydbob"s question.
To your point though, they have given timing and the reason for a delay. It's a generality and my inclination is that anything more specific would violate some rule about insider information or something to that nature. I honestly have no idea which is why I asked the question.

To your point though, they have given timing and the reason for a delay. It's a generality and my inclination is that anything more specific would violate some rule about insider information or something to that nature. I honestly have no idea which is why I asked the question.
It shouldn't.

If they are sharing information publicly to reservation owners about their specific vehicles in an even manner (ie: everyone gets the same level of detail) it becomes public information and is not a problem to share. Lots of companies give you very exact details on the location of your products being built and any delays around them.

Lucid has been very opaque in this. It is starting to get me quite concerned, as transparency is how to build a good relationship with a customer, not opaqueness. My connection to my senior level person in sales basically dried up last week when she pushed me back down to my DA. I asked the DA some more pointed questions, and got a reply with her jumping back in with a "We won't tell you anything else about the delay, the next time you will hear from me is when your car is ready".

It shouldn't.

If they are sharing information publicly to reservation owners about their specific vehicles in an even manner (ie: everyone gets the same level of detail) it becomes public information and is not a problem to share. Lots of companies give you very exact details on the location of your products being built and any delays around them.

Lucid has been very opaque in this. It is starting to get me quite concerned, as transparency is how to build a good relationship with a customer, not opaqueness. My connection to my senior level person in sales basically dried up last week when she pushed me back down to my DA. I asked the DA some more pointed questions, and got a reply with her jumping back in with a "We won't tell you anything else about the delay, the next time you will hear from me is when your car is ready".

Perhaps they don’t want to provide more detail on the parts delay because they don’t want to call out a specific vendor publicly since it could impact long term relationships. They know that being a startup you’re under a microscope more so than an established company.

Honestly all I got currently sorry. We had 10 degree temps and wind. I have to get my snow tires on. Taking the car after work to get PPF with laser installed. Will get better ones when completed

Attachments

• 96F28D74-EB44-434E-B62A-5DA983E3E066.jpeg
    96F28D74-EB44-434E-B62A-5DA983E3E066.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 165
  • 98967BA8-A86B-44DE-892E-509A288E0741.jpeg
    98967BA8-A86B-44DE-892E-509A288E0741.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 164
Back