Air Conditioning not cooling the car enough

I have the same problems here as stated by many others. Have to cycle through the vent options to have SOME air come through front vents, and even then, at level 10, the noisy fans blow air that can be comparable to level 2 (of 5) in my Volvo or Prius. With all that noise, I have no idea where the fan is really blowing.
At random times the car will "partially turn off" the front vents, and then I have to cycle through modes to get it back on. My SO doesn't understand these technicalities and gets really frustrated when car doesnt cool enough

Hope Lucid fixes this soon!

On days I go out for a 4-5 hour bike ride, I park in an open lot with no shade. I have my side and back windows tinted with XPEL Prime XR Plus. Don't feel the need to tint the windshield and glass canopy. I don't use a windshield sunshade and may forget to bring up the rear and back shades.

When I get back, open the doors and trunk and start loading my cycling gear, the A/C kicks on automatically. It typically takes 10 minutes for me to finish loading. With the climate set on auto at 72F, by the time I get in, it's blowing all the air out of the front defroster vents. I get in, and within 5 minutes the climate control starts blending the air with the front vents. Also, the rear controls are off by default if no rear passenger is detected, so if the fastest cabin cooldown is needed, be sure to manually turn the rear climate on.

I have never felt overheated after getting back into my Air, even after a 80-100 mile ride. Regarding the glass canopy, the first couple of minutes is hell while the interior cools down and I can feel the heat radiating from above. Once the car cools down this completely goes away.

So what is the concensus, I see people cycling through the vent controls to get cold air out of the front vents immediately, but if the car is cooling down, why?

All this, and it's been very hot here in Houston with the next couple days hitting highs over 100F.

I was trying to pay more attention my ac is set 70 degrees auto and our outside az temps are ranging between 80 in morning to 97 afternoon.
The ac for first 5 minutes seems to force most air up the winshield. Then after that it’s like it goes back to normal mode and more air in face. I didn’t make a note of the rear. With all the tint we have been comfortable at keeping it auto and 70 and not messing with any vents. My garage is garaged most the day covered parking. Commute 30 miles each way and today avgex 3.1miles per kWh mostly freeway
IMG_8021.jpeg

I was trying to pay more attention my ac is set 70 degrees auto and our outside az temps are ranging between 80 in morning to 97 afternoon.
The ac for first 5 minutes seems to force most air up the winshield. Then after that it’s like it goes back to normal mode and more air in face. I didn’t make a note of the rear. With all the tint we have been comfortable at keeping it auto and 70 and not messing with any vents. My garage is garaged most the day covered parking. Commute 30 miles each way and today avgex 3.1miles per kWh mostly freeway View attachment 12957
I believe the reason it forces it on the windshield is to cool the screen, but I don’t think that’s ever been directly disclosed.

Same problem here. It is frustrating and sad. this Whole experience has not been a wow. This will never get the buzz and popularity of the tesla movement unless they solve their engineering problems

fyi- we called out mobile service and it operates with specs. No solution

luckily for us, we live at the beach and rarely need it. We went to Disneyland, one day when it was 72°, and the car never cooled off the entire half hour ride home. Very uncomfortable

Same problem here. It is frustrating and sad. this Whole experience has not been a wow. This will never get the buzz and popularity of the tesla movement unless they solve their engineering problems

fyi- we called out mobile service and it operates with specs. No solution

luckily for us, we live at the beach and rarely need it. We went to Disneyland, one day when it was 72°, and the car never cooled off the entire half hour ride home. Very uncomfortable
Have you tried cycling through the modes?

I actually felt too cold in the car today lol. So much tint I recommend it !!

IMG_8101.jpeg
IMG_8102.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8099.jpeg
    IMG_8099.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 55
I, too, find the AC to be marginal, at best. It does not seem to move much air at all, yet makes a ton of noise.

I figured AC is a "solved problem", so I can't understand why Lucid got it wrong. Poor AC is especially surprising given the Saudi connection.

As a very young engineer in 1979, I was assigned a project to plan the control strategy for operating the irrigation system for the largest oasis in the world, Al-Hasa (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Ahsa_Oasis). Driving around the desert, I soon noticed that the most popular car was not some fancy European model, but a Chevy (I think maybe it was the Caprice). I asked my Saudi host why it was so popular. The answer: "It has the best air conditioner."

So are Lucids not selling in Saudi?

I, too, find the AC to be marginal, at best. It does not seem to move much air at all, yet makes a ton of noise.

I figured AC is a "solved problem", so I can't understand why Lucid got it wrong. Poor AC is especially surprising given the Saudi connection.

As a very young engineer in 1979, I was assigned a project to plan the control strategy for operating the irrigation system for the largest oasis in the world, Al-Hasa (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Ahsa_Oasis). Driving around the desert, I soon noticed that the most popular car was not some fancy European model, but a Chevy (I think maybe it was the Caprice). I asked my Saudi host why it was so popular. The answer: "It has the best air conditioner."

So are Lucids not selling in Saudi?
Good point, hope they solved the piss poor AC for the units that shipped to SA. It still amazes me that a vehicle manufactured in Arizona didn’t get the best possible AC.

Around ~70 degrees outside. Set air con to lowest temp possible (59) and max level (10). The car doesn't really get that cool. Anyone else having this?
My air conditioner finally works. After two shop visits and 3 weeks of diagnostics they found that the compressor was shorting / grounding so even though the Vcu indicated it was running, it was not actually getting signal.

They replaced the compressor and now it blows cold. Seems adequate, but I can see if you are in the desert how it might not keep up.

Reactions: BAW
100 degrees in Vegas and it's working well!

My air conditioner finally works. After two shop visits and 3 weeks of diagnostics they found that the compressor was shorting / grounding so even though the Vcu indicated it was running, it was not actually getting signal.

They replaced the compressor and now it blows cold. Seems adequate, but I can see if you are in the desert how it might not keep up.
Does it work in auto? Just set desired temp and it cools as needed?

Does it work in auto? Just set desired temp and it cools as needed?
It works fine, not as fast as my Lincoln aviator which with the ventilated seats feels like a full blown chiller, but it gets the job done.

While it's tolerable so far, among the cars that we've owned, Lucid unquestionably has the weakest ac.
Surely wish it could kick up a notch or two.

AC works great in the Midwest’s 85 degrees and sunny conditions. I preconditioned the car yesterday when it was baking in the sun at the mall a few hours and the app reported 105 internal temp. I cooled it to 78 which took 15 minutes. The AC maintained a comfy temp when we got into the car.

I can appreciate the AC not having enough capacity for AZ having spent significant time there. The glass canopy roof should have a desert treatment option.

Back