Air Conditioning not cooling the car enough

Even after cycling and engaging the rear blowers the car is subpar as far as cooling is concerned all the opening and closing and fiddling if it's 90 plus degrees outside the car is a oven and the blower is always on at 10 noisy as hell and if they're telling us that we need to push this button and do this and do that why don't they just give us a Max cool button....
They don't want us to have to do this, it's a bug for a reason. I agree there should be a max cool setting. In an ideal situation, if you just set your temp and hit auto it should do what it needs to. Sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't.

Is there a thread to suggest AC improvements, just wondering I looked a little bit not really seeing one, I see a thread about software improvements, but sounds like we in general had a bigger blower fan with more AIR volume it might help some. But understand the delta temperature may not be as much. So a bigger fan is only as good as making sure you have enough coils over it to keep it cool as well. So bigger fan + bigger coils.

They don't want us to have to do this, it's a bug for a reason. I agree there should be a max cool setting. In an ideal situation, if you just set your temp and hit auto it should do what it needs to. Sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't.
Auto temp has never worked on my Touring. ,

What do you do to work around auto temp? And how does it not work, like what does it do?
If I set temp to 72 and it’s hot outside, ac fan speed does not go to high speed and does not reduce when it gets to temp setting. Ac is totally manual. I have to manually increase fan speed when it’s hot. Manually reduce speed when it gets to my desired temp.

Reactions: BAW
If I set temp to 72 and it’s hot outside, ac fan speed does not go to high speed and does not reduce when it gets to temp setting. Ac is totally manual. I have to manually increase fan speed when it’s hot. Manually reduce speed when it gets to my desired temp.
What if the temp is 59 and auto ?

Even after cycling and engaging the rear blowers the car is subpar as far as cooling is concerned all the opening and closing and fiddling if it's 90 plus degrees outside the car is a oven and the blower is always on at 10 noisy as hell and if they're telling us that we need to push this button and do this and do that why don't they just give us a Max cool button....
I live in the Chicago area, so most of the year this will be a non-issue for me. However, on the few occasions I have driven the car in "hot" conditions, the AC does appear to be inadequate. I have an upcoming service appointment for something else and mentioned this as well to have them look. But I suspect this is a design flaw with the car :(

Around ~70 degrees outside. Set air con to lowest temp possible (59) and max level (10). The car doesn't really get that cool. Anyone else having this?
Yes - I live in Paradise Valley, AZ, and the heat in my car is unbearable once the temp exceeds 90. There is a serious problem with a car manufactured in AZ that does not come anywhere close to cooling the car to an acceptable temperature. I owned two Teslas with glass roofs and never had an issue. Also, Tesla allowed me to set the auto temperature to on and would run until the battery got low (which I had never happened). The limit of 45 minutes is ridiculously low. If this is a bug, it needs to be fixed asap, if it is not a bug, Lucid needs to come up with a solution for those of us who live in warm climes. I stopped in the Fashion Square showroom last week and asked the salespeople about it. They looked at me like I was from Mars. Then they admitted that they have never dealt with parking the car anywhere other than in the mall garage.

I really like this car, but this is a major issue for me.

Please get it fixed.

I live in Dallas and so far I have had zero issues with the AC in my Air Touring with glass roof. That being said, this is my first summer with the car and it hasn't been horribly hot yet. I'll report back once we have had a few 100 degree days. I generally only park my car in the sun when I am running errands, otherwise it is in a parking garage or my home garage.

When I exit the car I raise the 3 sunshades and select to maintain temperature. If I am going to be away from the car for more than 45 minutes I will remotely activate the AC from my watch or phone about 5 to 10 minutes before I need to enter the car. I leave my AC on auto and have it set to 71. I might adjust the temp up or down a degree on occasion but thats it. For me this is a HUGE improvement over any car I have owned in the past as they were ICE and had no pre-cool option.

I live in Dallas and so far I have had zero issues with the AC in my Air Touring with glass roof. That being said, this is my first summer with the car and it hasn't been horribly hot yet. I'll report back once we have had a few 100 degree days. I generally only park my car in the sun when I am running errands, otherwise it is in a parking garage or my home garage.

When I exit the car I raise the 3 sunshades and select to maintain temperature. If I am going to be away from the car for more than 45 minutes I will remotely activate the AC from my watch or phone about 5 to 10 minutes before I need to enter the car. I leave my AC on auto and have it set to 71. I might adjust the temp up or down a degree on occasion but thats it. For me this is a HUGE improvement over any car I have owned in the past as they were ICE and had no pre-cool option.
Precooling the interior is key.

That has nothing to do with the car. My skin is sensitive to UV. Apparently the glass in Lucid blocks UV. I had a loaner GT and I can say for sure that the AC had to work harder in GT than Pure AWD without a glass roof on a hot day. I will do a long distance drive coast to coast and report find I find.
Oh you have a Pure, that makes a lot more sense!

Not really sure this is a bug, or not. If I remember correctly, there was some talk early on about the cabin not cooling down quick enough related to a hot glass canopy. I thought the solution was to direct some airflow across the canopy to get it to cool a bit quicker.

Or, I might be totally mistaken and wrong...
I have found this approach to be most useful. Without some relief to the top of the car, the rest of the car will take a long time to cool down. I normally enable high vents (windshield / canopy) and floor (also helps with ingesting cool air into seat fans). I do middle vents last.

…. Also, especially for those with Glass Canopies, don’t leave clear plastic bottles of water anywhere in the vehicle. They can start a fire.

…. Also, especially for those with Glass Canopies, don’t leave clear plastic bottles of water anywhere in the vehicle. They can start a fire.
From the sun being magnified or...some sort of chemical reaction?

I may not be sensitive to heat or my car works really well but I set the AC to Auto and the temperature between 72 ad 74 and not worry about. I precool for at least 10 min if the car has been sitting in the sun. Works great for me, even last summer in Phoenix. I have 45% tint on sides and back, none on windshield or canopy.

I may not be sensitive to heat or my car works really well but I set the AC to Auto and the temperature between 72 ad 74 and not worry about. I precool for at least 10 min if the car has been sitting in the sun. Works great for me, even last summer in Phoenix. I have 45% tint on sides and back, none on windshield or canopy.
10 min precool plus tint is amazing! Your tint is also very high quality photosynth with highest solar rejection

Yes - I live in Paradise Valley, AZ, and the heat in my car is unbearable once the temp exceeds 90. There is a serious problem with a car manufactured in AZ that does not come anywhere close to cooling the car to an acceptable temperature. I owned two Teslas with glass roofs and never had an issue. Also, Tesla allowed me to set the auto temperature to on and would run until the battery got low (which I had never happened). The limit of 45 minutes is ridiculously low. If this is a bug, it needs to be fixed asap, if it is not a bug, Lucid needs to come up with a solution for those of us who live in warm climes. I stopped in the Fashion Square showroom last week and asked the salespeople about it. They looked at me like I was from Mars. Then they admitted that they have never dealt with parking the car anywhere other than in the mall garage.

I really like this car, but this is a major issue for me.

Please get it fixed.
Have you asked Lucid Service? Perhaps the AC system wasn't properly charged with refrigerant at the factory.

Back