Air 2025 unlikely to have NACS port

erivaldoff

Cars
Air Pure
I just stopped at my local Lucid service center and I asked the rep if the Air 2025 models announced this week will have the “Tesla” charge the rep said they just received some materials/docs related to the new car and he went to look up. After a couple minutes reading thru he told me that unlike to have NACS port in this car.

overthinking here.. if the Air 2025 models have the NACS they would have announced this week making a big deal. But I guess it needs more engineering to implement it. If they have implemented NACS charging port to the Air I think they would move the port to a more ‘friendly’ location because right now it’s almost impossible to charge a Lucid in a Tesla Supercharger

overthinking here.. if the Air 2025 models have the NACS they would have announced this week making a big deal. But I guess it needs more engineering to implement it. If they have implemented NACS charging port to the Air I think they would move the port to a more ‘friendly’ location because right now it’s almost impossible to charge a Lucid in a Tesla Supercharger
Can’t you go front in and charge? Cable too short even for that?

It's not just the NACS port, it's Tesla being ready to integrate Lucid charging into their network. Hasn't happened yet.

Also, for now, a NACS port on an Air would mostly be a 50kW inconvenience. Unless you bought an adapter, you'd be giving up on 200+kW charging rates from CCS stations.

Back