Aero inserts

I looked more closely at my aero inserts; the center black cap is glued onto the insert, so I can see how this whole assembly would just pop off and on. When I picked up my car I had them install the black lugnuts and silver center caps (see pic). I didn't see the silver caps before they were installed, but it appears the silver caps actually pop into the center wheel hub on the car. In order to snap on the black aero inserts, I need to have the silver caps removed. I'm thinking this might require removing the wheel and pushing the cap from the reverse side (just a guess). I really like the look with silver center cap, but if I'm right about getting the silver caps off to install the aero inserts, it certainly complicates the issue.
View attachment 8638
No. I just did it. I used a razor blade to pop the center cap. They just pop out. Then you can insert the aero caps.

As you can see these caps can be popped out easily.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,005.8 KB · Views: 214
I looked more closely at my aero inserts; the center black cap is glued onto the insert, so I can see how this whole assembly would just pop off and on. When I picked up my car I had them install the black lugnuts and silver center caps (see pic). I didn't see the silver caps before they were installed, but it appears the silver caps actually pop into the center wheel hub on the car. In order to snap on the black aero inserts, I need to have the silver caps removed. I'm thinking this might require removing the wheel and pushing the cap from the reverse side (just a guess). I really like the look with silver center cap, but if I'm right about getting the silver caps off to install the aero inserts, it certainly complicates the issue.
View attachment 8638
The silver caps will pop off. Just need something like a flathead screwdriver to pry them. Or a good small suction cup.

No need to take any wheels off.

Is it necessary to remove the black lugnut covers to replace the aerocap inserts? Are they difficult to remove?

Nice. I 'm thinking that removing those lugnut covers would not be easy.
Well, you will need to take them off if you ever need to take the wheel off.

I had the service center remove the aero caps and install the black lug nut covers and silver lucid discs on my 19-inch wheels prior to delivery. However, when I took my car to get PPF, my detailer noticed scratches along the interior grooves of the rim that line up with the aero cover clips. Anyone else notice this on their rims? I had read on the forum that some of the DE owners had this issue with the DE limited rims, but I hadn't heard much about it with the any of the other trims that had either the 19 or 21-inch rims. I was hoping to put the aero covers on to gain some range in the colder months and take them off when the weather warmed up, but I'm afraid that the constant insertion and removal might cause more scratches.

I had the service center remove the aero caps and install the black lug nut covers and silver lucid discs on my 19-inch wheels prior to delivery. However, when I took my car to get PPF, my detailer noticed scratches along the interior grooves of the rim that line up with the aero cover clips. Anyone else notice this on their rims? I had read on the forum that some of the DE owners had this issue with the DE limited rims, but I hadn't heard much about it with the any of the other trims that had either the 19 or 21-inch rims. I was hoping to put the aero covers on to gain some range in the colder months and take them off when the weather warmed up, but I'm afraid that the constant insertion and removal might cause more scratches.
The GT 21's don't have inserts so they never saw that issue. and yes all the DE 21s had this problem. You are the first I'm reading that had an issue on the 19s, especially since you had service remove them. Weird...

Interesting. I wouldn’t be surprised based on how they are fastened. I’ll check it out when I take them off again in the Spring. How big were the scratches that your detailer noticed?

The aero inserts are easy to snap off and reinsert. The silver cap and black lug nuts can be bought from Lucid directly for around $120 ( can’t remember exact price). You do not need to remove the wheels when putting on or replacing inserts. I put all four back on while it was parked in my garage and only took about 5 minutes. Just need to line up the hole in the insert with the stem of the tire so it fits right and you can inflate if necessary in future.
So i just put my aero inserts on for the first time on my 19 inch wheels. What is the easiest way to remove them if necessary? How do you reach the clips in the back to unclip the covers from the rims?

So i just put my aero inserts on for the first time on my 19 inch wheels. What is the easiest way to remove them if necessary? How do you reach the clips in the back to unclip the covers from the rims?
To remove the aero inserts, just get a decent grip on a couple of the plastic strips, give a little tug and pop them out. Nothing really more to it than that. Actually asked the delivery walkthrough advisor that when I took delivery and he demonstrated it before leaving. I would just say, try to not pull hard on too small an area...

To remove the aero inserts, just get a decent grip on a couple of the plastic strips, give a little tug and pop them out. Nothing really more to it than that. Actually asked the delivery walkthrough advisor that when I took delivery and he demonstrated it before leaving. I would just say, try to not pull hard on too small an area...
Thank you. I would’ve never thought that I could just pull them off. Too afraid to break them or something, but now I will give it a try when I'm ready to take them off.

Also, I had to use a flat head screwdriver to take out the silver lucid discs that I ordered with my car, and the screwdriver slightly dented the outer rim of each disc as I tried to pry it out. I tried a trim removal device first, but I couldn’t get that to adequately wedge between the edge of the disc and the rim. any suggestions on tools that may be a little less damaging, but would work in the future to remove the silver discs?

Thank you. I would’ve never thought that I could just pull them off. Too afraid to break them or something, but now I will give it a try when I'm ready to take them off.

Also, I had to use a flat head screwdriver to take out the silver lucid discs that I ordered with my car, and the screwdriver slightly dented the outer rim of each disc as I tried to pry it out. I tried a trim removal device first, but I couldn’t get that to adequately wedge between the edge of the disc and the rim. any suggestions on tools that may be a little less damaging, but would work in the future to remove the silver discs?
Suction cups. Amazon has little ones that work great for this sort of thing.

View attachment 8638
I removed the aero inserts from my 20” touring wheels but I can’t remove the center caps to put on the wheels. Can I order 4 center caps and from whom. They are not available in the Lucid online store

I removed the aero inserts from my 20” touring wheels but I can’t remove the center caps to put on the wheels. Can I order 4 center caps and from whom. They are not available in the Lucid online store
Contact your local service center

Back