Advice Needed: Best Way to Hardwire a 12V Tracker in Lucid Without Voiding Warranty

AlexSemi

Hello Lucid Enthusiasts,

I'm looking to hardwire a GPS tracker into my Lucid, and it requires a constant 12V power source. I want to ensure the installation is minimally intrusive and does not risk voiding the warranty. Could anyone here recommend the best connection point or method for this?

Additionally, if anyone has experience with such installations and could share tips or precautions to keep in mind, that would be incredibly helpful!

Thanks in advance for your insights!

Yeah....I'm confused about the utility of adding a tracker too 🤔
An easy way to track vehicles with a GPS system instead of having to use the app all the time. Maybe it's for a fleet?

Possibly redundancy. I know smart thieves know how to disable built in GPS trackers.

I would just hide an airtag somewhere .

Doesn't the Lucid App do the same thing ?

Hello Lucid Enthusiasts,

I'm looking to hardwire a GPS tracker into my Lucid, and it requires a constant 12V power source. I want to ensure the installation is minimally intrusive and does not risk voiding the warranty. Could anyone here recommend the best connection point or method for this?

Additionally, if anyone has experience with such installations and could share tips or precautions to keep in mind, that would be incredibly helpful!

Thanks in advance for your insights!
You don’t want to use a constant 12v power source. If you do, it will eventually kill the 12v battery.

However, the easiest place to access one of the 12v is the rear right of the trunk, where the 12v car charger is. If you lift that trim hi carefully, that car charger is directly wired into the 12v battery underneath it. That is the safest place to tap power.

Back