A scary turn

Status
Not open for further replies.
This.

Anyone with the time and opportunity really should take their car out to an amateur track day, autocross, or HPDE event. Not only is it some of the most fun you'll ever have with your car, but you'll better understand how your Lucid behaves at the limit. It's the safest place to learn how to keep it under control when you push it a little too far and things go sideways (literally). The Air takes the punishment better than most. I'll be spending as much time as I can on the track with my car this year!
The BMW performance center at the Thermal club on the west coast or here in Greenville both have excellent program(s). Also, Porsche runs great program(s) at Barber Motorsports Park in Birmingham. Great instructors and no worries about driving your own car.

I don’t recommend doing this with your manager in the car lol egg on my face. But a good story to tell social media.

They should add a few more warnings like do not floor on turns in sprint mode lol
Well I did something like this early on, only in Smooth mode, as I don't feel the need to try Swift and have never even seen the Blue Bear.
Making a left with the A/S tires I goosed it too much trying to make a traffic gap and the back end slid out but the car recovered before I could do anything.
Wife wasn't happy. I told her it was the tires (not me). I used this to justify to her why I needed to buy a set of 21" summer tires + wheels. She believes me (I think).

So if you ordered the car with the A/S tires, try this one simple trick to convince your SO you need racing tires for safety reasons.

I don’t recommend doing this with your manager in the car lol egg on my face. But a good story to tell social media.
Is this the "any attention is good attention" mindset? Does it not matter to you that you pulled a dangerous stunt with people in your car? Instead you are pretending you had no idea that it would be so and trying to blame the car?

Instead you are pretending you had no idea that it would be so and trying to blame the car?
It has become immensely clear through this thread that @blueice89 didn’t know, because he definitely, at this point, does not know how to drive on anything other than “straight curves,” whatever that is

Did we all forget how we learned to drive ? Screwing up is learning. Going fast requires skill that is not apparent until it's too late.
I never drove a Porsche but learned a whole lot about snap oversteer driving dad's VW beetle, and my first car, a Chevy Corvair, that cost me $90. Also learned a lot about understeer in dad's VW and my oily Corvair with no heat, a leaky roof, a gallon of 30-weight and a spare fan belt = every Corvair has these.

I wonder if people even need to learn how to handle car physics with the new cars? Seems to me the new cars are much smarter than their keepers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back