A Sad Farewell #2

Definitely a huge loss for the community and for Lucid. What a darn shame.

I don't follow closely enough to have a deep understanding of this development, other than appreciating this is a meaningful event. Are any appropriately discreet insights available?

I don't follow closely enough to have a deep understanding of this development, other than appreciating this is a meaningful event. Are any appropriately discreet insights available?
Lol Barry was an active member of the forum and ran a blog. That’s all. It’s not meaningful other than not seeing him around the forums anymore. :)

Thanks - Ill probably be lurking a lot. Thanks for all your messages.

Thank you. Please also occasionally post and let us know your experiences with the Genesis...what you like and why, what you dislike and why. Regrets? Glad you made the decision. Etc. Thanks again.

Lol Barry was an active member of the forum and ran a blog. That’s all. It’s not meaningful other than not seeing him around the forums anymore. :)
I think it’s meaningful insofar as an extremely enthusiastic member of the community felt he had to get out.

Of course, I don’t mean that Barry needs to share anything with us (that’s his business), but that clearly not all is sunshine and rainbows with how lucid operates from a PR perspective, and community reaction to anything perceived as less than positive.

I appreciate Barry's engagement on the forum as well as others who have contributed. Barry's decision must not have been easy given his interest in the Lucid experience so far. OK, so Lucid PR has been less than optimal, but I understand its desire to control the narrative in a rapidly evolving process of producing a new vehicle.

What attracts me to the AGT is tech, range, and design. IMO there are no substitutes for the Air on or near the market now. My limited contacts with my DA have been very helpful and I am a big fan of Zak Edson. However, to say that I have no concerns about my long-awaited Silver AGT would not be not quite right. I am concerned about some of the turtle mode episodes and highway fast lane strandings because although they may represent only a very small percentage of owners, nevertheless are serious safety matters. I clearly do not expect perfection in all systems in the first year. Apparently, the failures noted have not risen to the level of recall(s) so I take that as a positive sign. The Lucid team has produced an efficient and dynamically proficient vehicle and I believe that they can dial in the initially sub-optimal systems to our satisfaction. Hey, the 911 has been evolving and improving with each successive iteration and model year for many years and each year its engineers find a few more things to improve.

Barry's decision must not have been easy given his interest in the Lucid experience so far. OK, so Lucid PR has been less than optimal
Surely he wouldn't have cancelled because the PR department didn't get back to him last week on the 12v\HV battery issue.
Apparently, the failures noted have not risen to the level of recall(s) so I take that as a positive sign.
Could be good for sure and I hope it is but it could also be the simple reason that Lucid can't figure out what's causing it. When it happened to mine I got the impression they didn't really know and just replaced parts until they got it working again. I hope it doesn't turn into a recall as it seems Lucid is starting ramp up and the last thing they need is more negative PR given the struggles they've faced this year.

I think it’s meaningful insofar as an extremely enthusiastic member of the community felt he had to get out.

Of course, I don’t mean that Barry needs to share anything with us (that’s his business), but that clearly not all is sunshine and rainbows with how lucid operates from a PR perspective, and community reaction to anything perceived as less than positive.
I didn’t mean it in a negative way. I just mean that sometimes people decide they need a different car, lol. It’s not “indicative of a larger problem.”

I sincerely doubt Lucid’s PR response had any significant effect on @rbbarry’s choice to not get a Lucid, and I doubt he’s had issues with the community outside of it being overly negative at times. But that’s just my guess.

Sometimes people just find value in other requirements for a car, and that’s okay 😂

Surely he wouldn't have cancelled because the PR department didn't get back to him last week on the 12v\HV battery issue.

Could be good for sure and I hope it is but it could also be the simple reason that Lucid can't figure out what's causing it. When it happened to mine I got the impression they didn't really know and just replaced parts until they got it working again. I hope it doesn't turn into a recall as it seems Lucid is starting ramp up and the last thing they need is more negative PR given the struggles they've faced this year.
I texted the Two Service reps I have numbers for as well as the SA manager in Newark inquiring about the Battery issue and expressing my concern last Friday and got no response from them. So it looks like they are not ready to acknowledge anything just yet.

Thank you for your service. Good luck with your new car.

I texted the Two Service reps I have numbers for as well as the SA manager in Newark inquiring about the Battery issue and expressing my concern last Friday and got no response from them. So it looks like they are not ready to acknowledge anything just yet.
The silence is unsettling. Gives me a “Shhhhhhh… Don’t move, don’t make a sound, don’t look at it and it might go away” vibes. A simple response like “we aren’t sure yet, still looking into it” would have been 100x better.

It is with great sadness that I announce that I have leased a Genesis G80 all-electric and will no longer be active on this forums. I have appreciated all of you and will definitely miss the discussions we've had!
Sorry to see you go.
Two questions:
1) Why title this thread "...#2"? Is there a trend of using the same title?
2) Why couldn't Hyundai find an American male wearing jeans instead of having to hire this "non-US model"? 🤦‍♂️
1663773568445.png

Sorry to see you go.
Two questions:
1) Why title this thread "...#2"? Is there a trend of using the same title?
2) Why couldn't Hyundai find an American male wearing jeans instead of having to hire this "non-US model"? 🤦‍♂️
View attachment 4815
Re #1; there was a previous post (I think it was @Jon_Rettinger bur could have been a different mod) that had the same title relatively recently, so it’s a trend of 2. :)

It is with great sadness that I announce that I have leased a Genesis G80 all-electric and will no longer be active on this forums. I have appreciated all of you and will definitely miss the discussions we've had!
Hey @rbbarry

Sorry to see you go. From the little I have been here & reading your blog/updates, I know you were pretty passionate about Lucid, its offerings, etc ... And also know of the snafu that hit you several months ago, but you were a Lucid fan.

Wishing you the very best. Hit me up if/when you are in the PNW area for a drink.

Cheers

Back