A Sad Farewell #2

wait.. all this time I thought @rbbarry was already driving a GT 😵
clearly I have top notch attention to detail

thanks for the contributions!

I'm sorry to see you go! Congrats on your new EV. Genesis EV's aren't an option in TX so I can't even consider one.
I could have sworn I have seen at least ONE here in the Dallas area. Is there a reason they are not an option?

I could have sworn I have seen at least ONE here in the Dallas area. Is there a reason they are not an option?
I didn't think they were selling this vehicle anywhere in the US. The website only shows the Korean version. It looks like it is BMW IX size without the ugly front end.

If you try to build one on their site, a notification comes up saying they are only in certain markets.

They’re selling them in 6 or 8 states only I believe. I saw one the other week, it’s not a bad looking car but not sure about the rose pink the owner chose as the color 😂

They were on the phone to EA as the charger wasn’t working for them. Surprise, surprise…. Lol

If you guys are curious, I got mine in quantum grey (well, maybe not quantum)...

IMG_4043.jpg

pointless grill, as you know, but the charger door is hidden in there, which is neat. I know, an ICE ripped apart into a not-so-efficient EV.
Huh, that is neat! At least it’s useful.

Nice looking overall, not my cup of tea. That front looks almost as bad as the BMW, but that is just my opinion and worth just about as much as you paid for it (the opinion that is).;) I do like the color. I can also respect the decision to buy/lease something that has more/better access to service and, hopefully, more thought-out/tested software. I would expect they will also have an easier time getting you a loaner, especially one you don't have to arrange yourself and pay for yourself. I have yet to get reimbursed for my July rental.

Very nice looking. Also looks huge in the pic. Wondering how @rbarry likes the handling and the range/efficiency.

Very nice looking. Also looks huge in the pic. Wondering how @rbarry likes the handling and the range/efficiency.

I find the handling to be very very good and so do a lot of the third party reviewers. The range is okay, I am getting over 3 miles per kwh, and sometimes on trips I am getting over 4.4 miles per kwh. But the max range it has is about 300 miles. But personally, my commute to work is less than 10 miles and I have an EA charger 5 minutes from my office that is rarely busy.

I find the handling to be very very good and so do a lot of the third party reviewers. The range is okay, I am getting over 3 miles per kwh, and sometimes on trips I am getting over 4.4 miles per kwh. But the max range it has is about 300 miles. But personally, my commute to work is less than 10 miles and I have an EA charger 5 minutes from my office that is rarely busy.
Did they give you free EA charging for a period? I know a lot of companies are doing that nowadays.

This is right in the ballpark of the EQS. Maybe even a tad better for miles/kWH.

Nice looking overall, not my cup of tea. That front looks almost as bad as the BMW, but that is just my opinion and worth just about as much as you paid for it (the opinion that is).;) I do like the color. I can also respect the decision to buy/lease something that has more/better access to service and, hopefully, more thought-out/tested software. I would expect they will also have an easier time getting you a loaner, especially one you don't have to arrange yourself and pay for yourself. I have yet to get reimbursed for my July rental.
What is the status of that? Who are you talking to to get it reimbursed?

Just got my check in the mail about an hour ago, but it took more effort and prodding that it really should have.

Back