5.0 miles/kWh: Say Hello to the World's Most Efficient Car

Believe me, I get it, I was half joking! It definitely can get annoying, but for a good amount of these bugs, a hardware fix is all that is needed. There are many people on here that have door handles which work perfectly, and there are also some that have it not work (like you). Perhaps mention the issue at your next service visit or contact them now?

Excepting your Palisade, every one of your other cars seems terribly unreliable... although the French cars likely take the cake. 🤣
Honestly I can't tell how reliable they are because I don't keep them more than 18 - 24 months. But for this period of time I usually had zero issues with the cars from the last decade or so. Look, I know I'm a whiny lil' bitch (probably I should change my username to that) but I knew what I'm getting myself into. I'm not surprised. No deal breaker so far, just annoyments. I love the car, I am coming up with reasons to drive it.

So the question is to wait for the latest model instead of grabbing a deal for a stock car? Wonder of how quantity these improvements. The electronics seem to be a huge value-add despite their minimal cost/spec impact while the heat pump (Touring model) will be significant, but only for part of the year.

I mean, @marsarbu 's deleted post was pretty much what I wanted to say 🤣

But really, there are many cars WITHOUT wind noise issues, and there are also some with them. In fact, I'm willing to bet that the majority does not experience issues. The best course of action here is to get it fixed, and therefore, you should call service.

Why would I call service? It's a production question.
Nobody knows if it has been resolved for 2025. I know nobody knows because there are zero 2025 cars.

Also, there isn’t a widespread or agreed-upon problem/solution re: wind noise. Some folks say the seals deteriorate over time - which means they need replacing. Some folks say they need the door striker adjusted after a while. Service can do that too.

But there isn’t a “known defect” regarding this or anything like it; most owners do not have any issues with road noise.

I mean, @marsarbu 's deleted post was pretty much what I wanted to say 🤣

But really, there are many cars WITHOUT wind noise issues, and there are also some with them. In fact, I'm willing to bet that the majority does not experience issues. The best course of action here is to get it fixed, and therefore, you should call service.
You missed their point; they weren’t asking about getting it fixed on their car. They were asking if it is fixed for 2025 models and newer.

Of course, nobody knows the answer to that, but you missed their intent.

You missed their point; they weren’t asking about getting it fixed on their car. They were asking if it is fixed for 2025 models and newer.

Of course, nobody knows the answer to that, but you missed their intent.
Thank you. That is actually what I was asking. For anyone who is contemplating buying the car for the first time after reading all the threads on the wind noise issues and adjusting the door striker as a temporary fix.

Thank you. That is actually what I was asking. For anyone who is contemplating buying the car for the first time after reading all the threads on the wind noise issues and adjusting the door striker as a temporary fix.
For what it’s worth, I will reiterate that *most* owners (based on the sample size of owners I interact with that isn’t just this forum) don’t have any issues with wind noise.

The only thing that I hear commonly repeated *off* these forums that is a consistent issue is the fobs / mobile key unlocking the car. Not that there aren’t other intermittent issues every now and again, but the only really consistent one seems to be that.

Some people don’t like the Homelink interface; others don’t use it at all. Some people want Android Auto; others use CarPlay. And so on.

I *do* have the wind noise issue, but I have a DE, and they’re planning on adjusting the striker and potentially replacing the seals. I’ll let you know how it goes.

My guess? Newer models are less likely to have that issue as they’ve gotten better and tighter about tolerances.

But I don’t know!

For what it’s worth, I will reiterate that *most* owners (based on the sample size of owners I interact with that isn’t just this forum) don’t have any issues with wind noise.

The only thing that I hear commonly repeated *off* these forums that is a consistent issue is the fobs / mobile key unlocking the car. Not that there aren’t other intermittent issues every now and again, but the only really consistent one seems to be that.

Some people don’t like the Homelink interface; others don’t use it at all. Some people want Android Auto; others use CarPlay. And so on.

I *do* have the wind noise issue, but I have a DE, and they’re planning on adjusting the striker and potentially replacing the seals. I’ll let you know how it goes.

My guess? Newer models are less likely to have that issue as they’ve gotten better and tighter about tolerances.

But I don’t know!

I just had my battery replaced at the Seattle service center and asked them to check for wind noise at highway speeds. They were unable to detect anything significant. I have sporadically sensed increased driver side wind noise, but I think it is dependent on temperature and other outside ambient conditions.
Alternatively, a more likely explanation is that it’s all in my head because the car is so quiet otherwise!!

Nobody knows if it has been resolved for 2025. I know nobody knows because there are zero 2025 cars.

Also, there isn’t a widespread or agreed-upon problem/solution re: wind noise. Some folks say the seals deteriorate over time - which means they need replacing. Some folks say they need the door striker adjusted after a while. Service can do that too.

But there isn’t a “known defect” regarding this or anything like it; most owners do not have any issues with road noise.
There can be a lot of factors affecting wind noise, but a big cause does have an established fix. It has to do with replacing the clips that attach the top horizontal window (black) frame to the door panel. I don't know at what point they were incorporated into production, but my car was built in 11/23, and it must have the old clips. Over time, and closing the doors a lot, the weaker clips allow that piece to stick out far enough to disrupt the airflow; especially on the rear doors. I am getting new clips installed in a couple weeks. I'll wager that cars with soft close doors won't have as much of a problem with this.

Alternatively, a more likely explanation is that it’s all in my head because the car is so quiet otherwise!!

Yep, both tire and wind noise become more prominent with an ICE powertrain masking such noises.

I don't notice any wind noise problem with our Air, although I've never been particularly sensitive to it in other cars. I do know that the Air interior is considerably quieter than our 2021 Model S Plaid, despite the Plaid having active noise cancellation and the Lucid not.

Yep, both tire and wind noise become more prominent with an ICE powertrain masking such noises.

I don't notice any wind noise problem with our Air, although I've never been particularly sensitive to it in other cars. I do know that the Air interior is considerably quieter than our 2021 Model S Plaid, despite the Plaid having active noise cancellation and the Lucid not.
Yeah I think that’s a consequence more so from the plaid being a hatchback. It’s great for storage and hauling irregular shaped objects though!

I clearly hear wind noise from the driver's side mirror at 50+ mph. But I think it is noticeable because the road noise is so low. The NVH / road noise in this car is the lowest I ever had, hence you will hear every other little thing. Beats the Lexus LS, 7 Series, the S Class, trashes the Panamera. I owned them all (recent models) and I'm also somewhat obsessed with NVH.

I clearly hear wind noise from the driver's side mirror at 50+ mph. But I think it is noticeable because the road noise is so low. The NVH / road noise in this car is the lowest I ever had, hence you will hear every other little thing. Beats the Lexus LS, 7 Series, the S Class, trashes the Panamera. I owned them all (recent models) and I'm also somewhat obsessed with NVH.
Be careful, last time I brought up pain points unrelated to the thread topic, the mods suspended my account. Complaining is not for the faint of heart around here 🤣 in any case, I am happy to complain with you, but I don’t think the wind noise issue is widespread. I find the Lucid super quiet . My rivian is much much louder inside, as are my M2 and CTR. So maybe my tolerance is just too high for wind noise 😅

Be careful, last time I brought up pain points unrelated to the thread topic, the mods suspended my account. Complaining is not for the faint of heart around here 🤣 in any case, I am happy to complain with you, but I don’t think the wind noise issue is widespread. I find the Lucid super quiet . My rivian is much much louder inside, as are my M2 and CTR. So maybe my tolerance is just too high for wind noise 😅
This is blantantly false. All complaints are not created equal.

I too have noticed a tendency of shutting down / dismiss the "complainers", but it's understandable. Not many people can be objective, especially when they sunk a lot of money in something. You criticize my car, hence criticize my decision, hence you criticize me, and guess what? I have the powa' fool!!! Muahaha! :) They can suspend me, I couldn't care less - if that's the kind of forum they want to have where everyone sings Kumbaya and commune with nature.

On a more serious note, I think there are ways to communicate your unhappy feelings, without creating much of a fuss. Here's for hoping!

I too have noticed a tendency of shutting down / dismiss the "complainers", but it's understandable. Not many people can be objective, especially when they sunk a lot of money in something. You criticize my car, hence criticize my decision, hence you criticize me, and guess what? I have the powa' fool!!! Muahaha! :) They can suspend me, I couldn't care less - if that's the kind of forum they want to have where everyone sings Kumbaya and commune with nature.

On a more serious note, I think there are ways to communicate your unhappy feelings, without creating much of a fuss. Here's for hoping!
There are many more negative posts and complaints on this forum than positive. We never shut down anybody for a legitimate complaint or feedback. We do not allow personal attacks.

I too have noticed a tendency of shutting down / dismiss the "complainers" . . . .

I have been on this forum almost since its inception. I have posted about innumerable issues with my two Airs, especially during the first ten months of UX 1.0 software hell, sometimes posting that I was on the point of getting rid of the car.

I have never been shut down. Nor has anyone -- moderator or member -- ever intimated that I should pick up my crayons and leave. Instead, I have found other people sharing similar issues to help home in on possible causes, people helping with advice about possible fixes, and sometimes people just commiserating with me to break me out of my funk.

The Lucid Air is the best balance of power, ride, handling, room, comfort, features, and structural solidity of any car I have ever owned, including expensive German iron. It has also been fraught with all the teething pains one might expect from a company putting its first car on the market. I'm a lifelong car enthusiast and a habitual early adopter, so I know a great car when I see one . . . and I know there are going to be issues beyond what one might expect from an established brand. But I have never been censored on this forum (except when I've forayed too far into the occasional political detours threads can sometimes take), and I have seen no one else censored for complaining about their Lucid unless the complaints get personal or vituperative in tone or content.

I have been on this forum almost since its inception. I have posted about innumerable issues with my two Airs, especially during the first ten months of UX 1.0 software hell, sometimes posting that I was on the point of getting rid of the car.

I have never been shut down. Nor has anyone -- moderator or member -- ever intimated that I should pick up my crayons and leave. Instead, I have found other people sharing similar issues to help home in on possible causes, people helping with advice about possible fixes, and sometimes people just commiserating with me to break me out of my funk.

The Lucid Air is the best balance of power, ride, handling, room, comfort, features, and structural solidity of any car I have ever owned, including expensive German iron. It has also been fraught with all the teething pains one might expect from a company putting its first car on the market. I'm a lifelong car enthusiast and a habitual early adopter, so I know a great car when I see one . . . and I know there are going to be issues beyond what one might expect from an established brand. But I have never been censored on this forum (except when I've forayed too far into the occasional political detours threads can sometimes take), and I have seen no one else censored for complaining about their Lucid unless the complaints get personal or vituperative in tone or content.
I'm glad my impression was wrong. I'm here to learn and to contribute.

Back