Agree with your comments. Other comments:My hot takes:
The home page 3 cards are not helpful. The Nav card shows a small FOV of no utility and the motion is distracting. The Phone card shows no useful information. The Music card is nice. The overall appearance is now cluttered with less utility. Simpler and cleaner would be better.
The one touch access to CarPlay/AA is nice. But once using CarPlay/AA, there’s now no one touch way to get back to the Home Screen or other cockpit screens. You have to go to the tile view of apps in CarPlay to click on Lucid to get out.
The multitasking on the Pilot screen is nice. But it’s located out of the quick field of vision while driving so functions need to be obvious and easy to use. For example, using music on the Pilot screen should display the current song and controls as a larger part of screen real estate and place them on the top of the screen, not the very bottom.
Finally, my biggest disappointment is the gray background now present throughout the UI which is a BIG step down to me. It’s distracting at night and, to my eye, far less luxurious and professional than the jet black background in UX 2.0. It’s like a monitor with the black point setting way off or a badly set TV.
To be fair, my opinions are likely biased by my using CarPlay for most of my apps (except Tidal). Perhaps I’d feel differently if I relied on Lucid Nav, but I fear it won’t reroute me around accidents and delays on a long drive like Google/Waze does.
The close mirrors should be returned to the home page. I use this to exit and enter my tight garage space.
The music page needs improvement. The USB music selection is not on the Initial Music page. After I found it, the USB 1 stopped playing. I had to select USB2 to get it to work. Not sure why there is USB1 and USB 2. Now I cannot find selection to get back to FM radio. The audio quality is much better.
Not sure if this is related to the update but the Send to Lucid from the app did not work.