3.0 on Air

It’s funny to see a few folks complain about that. In my two years the only time I put that pilot panel up is to grab or stow my hat, which is rare. I know we’re all different but there’s a lot of usefulness to that screen
 
Since the update, my curb rash alert doesn’t work anymore. (The distance to the curb isn’t showing up)

Hard reset didn’t help.

Anyone else having this issue?
UPDATE: Curb rash alert briefly works if I go into “parking features” settings and turn it off and back on. But the next time I get in the car, it doesn’t work again 😡
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2758.webp
    IMG_2758.webp
    442.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Gravity owner here, so please excuse my chiming in on an Air thread.

It is so cool, awesome and wonderful that Lucid was able to hit a home run with this update! OK, so there are some rough edges (some of which may be just learning the system) but it sure seems that Lucid Software engineering was able to satisfy allot of users with a really significant software update!

Kudos to Lucid - your efforts are appreciated and remind us just how hard you work to improve your products!

Dream Ahead!
 
Cons
1. Have to fully stop to use homelink. This is kind of annoying.
When I approach my garage my homelink prompt appears and I can click it while the vehicle is moving. Seems to work for me as before the update.
 
When I approach my garage my homelink prompt appears and I can click it while the vehicle is moving. Seems to work for me as before the update.
My wish is that they add geo location so it opens my garage door when I get close. My Tesla had this at least 6 or 7 years ago.
 
Most things on the new software work better but man it has really killed Android Auto for me. I had to remove my phone and it took me 6 tries of re-adding my phone to get wireless Android Auto working, and then it only worked for one day.
 
... it has really killed Android Auto for me. ...
Not (yet) on the new software, but I found that AA's phone (Samsung S22+) battery usage caused me to walk away from AA... the native Air apps are good enough and any benefit from AA didn't justify needing to plug in to keep my phone charged (note, the phone's battery usage is fine in other cases, it is just when AA is on that it burns through the battery).
 
Not (yet) on the new software, but I found that AA's phone (Samsung S22+) battery usage caused me to walk away from AA... the native Air apps are good enough and any benefit from AA didn't justify needing to plug in to keep my phone charged (note, the phone's battery usage is fine in other cases, it is just when AA is on that it burns through the battery).
I might be able to get away with completely skipping AA if they released a native YouTube music app but the functionality of controlling it through Bluetooth on this car is terrible.

I'd miss being able to have Waze up showing me Hazards ahead (one of the biggest reasons I wanted this update was so that I could have the native nav on the bottom screen, and Wazeon the top screen), but i could live without that if I just had a decent interface for the music.
 
Since the update, my curb rash alert doesn’t work anymore. (The distance to the curb isn’t showing up)

Hard reset didn’t help.

Anyone else having this issue?
My curb rash alert also stopped working.
 
When I approach my garage my homelink prompt appears and I can click it while the vehicle is moving. Seems to work for me as before the update.

My wish is that they add geo location so it opens my garage door when I get close. My Tesla had this at least 6 or 7 years ago.
At most it should be a selectable choice. There may be reasons you DON'T want it to automatically open. In my case, opening my gate upon approach instead of from my prompt could unleash two rather large German Shepherds to explore the neighborhood. Nobody wants that.
 
At most it should be a selectable choice. There may be reasons you DON'T want it to automatically open. In my case, opening my gate upon approach instead of from my prompt could unleash two rather large German Shepherds to explore the neighborhood. Nobody wants that.
Ha. True.

The Tesla implementation was an option to do it. Then you could select a distance as well as which door you wanted opened in case you had programmed multiple doors. For my wife and her Model 3, she just needs to pull into the driveway and it sends the command to open her garage door. Same on her way out to close it.

Meanwhile, I pull into the driveway and am reaching forward to press the Lucid screen. Usually several times before it registers. For those of us that have been around a while, the pop up is already much better. Used to have to hit the very small homelink button and then the correct door.

So yes, agree completely it should be a choice and obviously, you'll need to be able to tell it which door. The distance option was interesting as you wanted to select something that was far enough to give the door enough time to open but close enough for the signal to register.
 
Thank you Lucid for deciding to fix SS Premium! Maybe it's because I already put a sub in the trunk, but the sound system is MUCH improved. Didn't think a software update could fix that issue.
 
Back
Top