21” Michelins

Now that production ramp has taken effect, curious if there’s been more people that have swapped the Pirelli OEM 21s for the Michelin Pilot Sport All Seasons. Hoping to get my VIN soon so need to make a final call on 19s vs 21s. In the Philly area so leaning towards 19 due to road conditions but am hoping others’ experience can sway me to keep the 21s.
Now that production ramp has taken effect, curious if there’s been more people that have swapped the Pirelli OEM 21s for the Michelin Pilot Sport All Seasons. Hoping to get my VIN soon so need to make a final call on 19s vs 21s. In the Philly area so leaning towards 19 due to road conditions but am hoping others’ experience can sway me to keep the 21s.
Our AGT arrived last week, with Pirelli tires mounted on 21" Aero wheels.

Yeah, 21" I've got with my GT-P are nice. But.... they look so ugly when shi*t happens. I'm switching them to 19" mid next week. Can't handle half a day of a lost time, especially at 4:30 Monday morning.

Attachments

• 20220919_055356_compress12.jpg
    20220919_055356_compress12.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 96
  • 20220919_071449_compress85.jpg
    20220919_071449_compress85.jpg
    492.2 KB · Views: 111
  • 20220919_073246_compress52.jpg
    20220919_073246_compress52.jpg
    361.3 KB · Views: 98
Yeah, 21" I've got with my GT-P are nice. But.... they look so ugly when shi*t happens. I'm switching them to 19" mid next week. Can't handle half a day of a lost time, especially at 4:30 Monday morning.
That sucks. Did it happen out of the blue or did you get a pinch flat?

That sucks. Did it happen out of the blue or did you get a pinch flat?
Pitch black, drove over some kind of a piece of 2 x 4. Rim not damaged. Lucid cc very helpful, road flatbed 3rd. party contractor, not so. Effin nightmare, pun intended :)

Pitch black, drove over some kind of a piece of 2 x 4. Rim not damaged. Lucid cc very helpful, road flatbed 3rd. party contractor, not so. Effin nightmare, pun intended :)
Sorry about your mishap The staggered f/r 20" Lucid Air wheels will be my summer choice, but I ordered 19's mainly because the 20's are not available quite yet and if they were I am not sure that winter compound tires are available for this winter. Will take it easy on corners, as understeer is obvious (only had a brief test drive) with the 19's and the dry stopping distance is a bit long, but let's face it, this is not a track car like the Panamera GTS with PCCB's or the Taycan. FWIW, every car Porsche builds can be put on a circuit out of the showroom and can handle the heat and stress of track driving. Finally, I am getting the EZ spare and a scissor jack, as waiting for a flatbed any time, much less in the middle of the night is a time killer.

I don't like the 19" range wheels. They're ugly. Based on that alone, I'm sticking with the 21 Aero Blades. I'm in Harrisburg. What Lucid should offer folks in the 4 season climates is a 21" All Season tire option.
I live near Reading, PA. With the freeze and thaw winters we have, I don’t see a low profile tire on a 5200lb car surviving for long. Folks living in much gentler climates have seen blow outs and damaged rims. I took the aerocovers off my 19s and did the silver Lucid hub/black lug cover thing and it really looks pretty good, IMHO.

Done. 19" are installed. They look great imo, especially when inflated.
Me happy 😁

Attachments

• 20221006_074537_compress64.jpg
    20221006_074537_compress64.jpg
    658.5 KB · Views: 86
Done. 19" are installed. They look great imo, especially when inflated.
Me happy 😁
They do look great with all that air in them. They keep the wheel off the pavement nicely.

I don't like the 19" range wheels. They're ugly. Based on that alone, I'm sticking with the 21 Aero Blades. I'm in Harrisburg. What Lucid should offer folks in the 4 season climates is a 21" All Season tire option.
Absolutely!

Absolutely!
Lucid can ask Michelin and Pirelli, but ultimately the decision to make a tire is up to the tire manufacturer, not Lucid. Before embarking on a development program, manufacturers weigh the potential market size for a product against other options. It'll happen sooner or later as the SUV market moves to 21" wheels, but the timing is out of Lucid's hands.

Last edited:
Hopefully someone can make another rim, OEM or not. I cannot stand if 19” rim look very similar to our Polestar 2 V-spoke rim.

They also look very similar to certain Nissan Altima wheels.

I like my 19" wheels with the blades removed and center caps and lug nut covers. They work fine so far and given the amount of country road travel that I do the sidewalls are more compliant and safer IMO than the rather narrow aspect ratio on the 21's. My plan is to get a set of 20" AGT wheels with Michelins whenever they become available. Maybe by next winter Pirelli or Michelin will offer Lucid-specific winter compound tires. Or better yet, Nokian, but for this season the AS Pirellis are better than tolerable.

I like my 19" wheels with the blades removed and center caps and lug nut covers. They work fine so far and given the amount of country road travel that I do the sidewalls are more compliant and safer IMO than the rather narrow aspect ratio on the 21's. My plan is to get a set of 20" AGT wheels with Michelins whenever they become available. ...
I also went with aero-off, center caps and lug covers. Thought I'd switch to 20's when they became available, but the 19's look OK with these mods and there is a certainly mental peace with not worrying about tire blowouts on rough roads.

HRE.... making a one-piece rim for the lucid....
Would be nice to have forged 20" wheels rather than the cast wheels currently offered for the Air GT. My guess is that the 20" Lucid AGT wheels will be cast. I much prefer to run with forged wheels, although HRE wheels tend to be expensive. It might be sensible to go with cast Lucid OEM 20" and just replace or repair them as necessary if the HRE's are in nosebleed price territory. Also, OEM wheels are optimized for each vehicle and aftermarket wheels may look good but may not be optimized for Lucid.

Also the HRE wheels will not be very good aerodynamically - but pretty.

I had the Pirellis on my Ferrari and switched to the Michelin Pilot Sport 4s Thought they were far superior ride, handling and noise was better too. I have the 21's on my LUCID and will likwly switch to the Michelin when I need new tires

Back