2025 Taycan range and charging

As opposed to some other EV manufacturers, who seem to make a model then not touch it for a decade or more.

I'm really disappointed by a lot of the mid-range EV manufacturers right now. Ford's Mach-e is languishing, over priced. Same with lightning and they are cutting manufacturing capacity. Kia's EV9 is about $20k more than an equivalent Telluride...obviously that's going to sell well in this market. GM has nothing interesting to sell right now, the new Honda Prologue and ZDX are abhorently expensive for what you get. BMW/Mercedes EVs only selling right now because they have huge incentives and cheap leases, but overall they are not good value. It's not a surprise to me that most EV brands aren't meeting expectations

The only EV manufacturers I think have anything interesting are
1: Tesla 3/Y - Ultra cheap, good performance and utility / $ value for the masses
2: Porsche - Ultimate sport sedan EV
3. Lucid - Jack of All Trades (utility, dynamics, performance, space, luxury)

Plus, at least by me there are dealerships in case something goes wrong, as there are no Lucid service centers that close to me yet.

But you are directly under the path of the total eclipse of the sun ! 8 April ! I may drive my Lucid to Cleveland if there are clouds over Erie, Buffalo, Rochester, Watertown, Plattsburgh, etc.
1707336050734.jpeg

I really think it would be fun to have a Total Eclipse Lucid gathering. All we need is an accurate forecast to determine where.

Oh I'm definitely going to be there ... I can't determine the location but not the time. I know when, just not where.
It's uncertain, but not improbable. Living a Heisenberg life.

a Nobel quest. road trip! c'mon people... let's gather and be disappointed together.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: DBV
The Taycan is improving. It still has significantly less range and space than the Lucid though, less efficiency, less HP/kg motors, and those Windows 2000 Infotainment icons really gotta go. It has an amazing charging curve, which beats Lucid, but these days though I’ve found charger reliability is more important than speed, I’ve had to move the Lucid twice to avoid idle fees because the car was done before I was at my stop. I suspect Taycan’s climate control might be superior? But Lucid camera system is still ahead of the pack, and surreal sound pro with Atmos is still the best thing I’ve heard in any car. Is the Taycan getting Atmos? If so I’m sure it would sound killer with the Burmeister system, but still I wouldn’t for one minute consider a 2025 Taycan over a 2022 Lucid Air GT.

Just for fun😳😳😳I configured the new Macan EV, with the Burmeister system , and there is no mention of Atmos capability. I am surprised Porsche hasn’t done this because it is such a fantastic feature.

But you are directly under the path of the total eclipse of the sun ! 8 April ! I may drive my Lucid to Cleveland if there are clouds over Erie, Buffalo, Rochester, Watertown, Plattsburgh, etc. View attachment 18222

I really think it would be fun to have a Total Eclipse Lucid gathering. All we need is an accurate forecast to determine where.

Oh I'm definitely going to be there ... I can't determine the location but not the time. I know when, just not where.
It's uncertain, but not improbable. Living a Heisenberg life.

a Nobel quest. road trip! c'mon people... let's gather and be disappointed together.

We had a full solar eclipse go over our area in August 2017. It was an incredibly surreal experience that is difficult to convey in words, unless you have seen one. I was mystified for weeks. During the 2-3 minutes of totality , the entire town erupted in screams . We live up on a hill outside of town but the cheering was still very audible. The shadows and colors and temperature drop, etc. Very amazing.

Just for fun😳😳😳I configured the new Macan EV, with the Burmeister system , and there is no mention of Atmos capability. I am surprised Porsche hasn’t done this because it is such a fantastic feature.
This was something another engineer said so I didn’t come up with the saying, but having heard Atmos mixes of some songs in the car, it’s liking taking your fingers out of your ears and hearing the real song for the first time. I’ve enjoyed it so much in the car I actually would not buy myself another vehicle that couldn’t play back Atmos songs.

There's just not enough content for Atmos. Having to pay $20/month for Tidal for the few songs that they offer is kind of a bummer too. I actually hope Porsche will implement spatial with Apple Music as some point since they already have a dedicated apple music app.

I think having HiFi capability is more important than the pseudo Atmos mixing though

This was something another engineer said so I didn’t come up with the saying, but having heard Atmos mixes of some songs in the car, it’s liking taking your fingers out of your ears and hearing the real song for the first time. I’ve enjoyed it so much in the car I actually would not buy myself another vehicle that couldn’t play back Atmos songs.

Yeah, it’s a bit of an addiction.

There's just not enough content for Atmos. Having to pay $20/month for Tidal for the few songs that they offer is kind of a bummer too. I actually hope Porsche will implement spatial with Apple Music as some point since they already have a dedicated apple music app.

I think having HiFi capability is more important than the pseudo Atmos mixing though

I too wish there was more content and I find myself obsessively checking Tidal for new choices. Most of the stuff they mix in Atmos does not exactly match with my musical preferences. That being said, I have discovered music I never thought I would listen to because of Atmos.

I would strongly prefer my next vehicle to enable Atmos, but the choices are extremely limited. Disappointed that Porsche has not gone that route because the Macan looks very nice. The Gravity will be a future Atmos option, so we shall see what the trims look like.

Sorry the conversation veered off course a bit.

Last edited:
Back