FEATURE 2024 Wishlist Survey

why can't I ask the voice assistant to fold in the mirrors?
Because Alexa Auto has basically been abandoned and Lucid needs to replace the entire system with something that isn't.

or why don't they stay folded in from when I did that while parking?
I agree, the speed at which the mirrors auto-unfold could be more like 10 mph, rather than whatever crazy low speed it is now. I think the initial idea was that since the 360 cameras can't operate with the mirrors folded in, they should pop out as soon as you start moving. I'm guessing not too many Lucid execs have tight garages at home.

if the backup camera sees traffic on the cross street, it will panic-stop me from backing onto our not-very-busy street. I've gotten used to this whole dance of getting out of the garage and now it is only a minor annoyance. But it could be a lot easier.

I experience none of this when leaving my house, of course, because I pull forward out of my parking spot in the garage. But I have experienced the panic stopping firsthand in other situations, and while I know it's erring on the side of caution, I do wish they'd reduce the number of false positives the software detects as imminent danger. Some of us have spoken to Lucid software engineers about this directly, so I know they are aware of it. Could be a harder problem to solve than it appears on the surface.

But I have experienced the panic stopping firsthand in other situations, and while I know it's erring on the side of caution, I do wish they'd reduce the number of false positives the software detects as imminent danger. Some of us have spoken to Lucid software engineers about this directly, so I know they are aware of it
Lol mine freaks out if the garbage bins are out at the end of my driveway, i don't know what it thinks they are, but it'll start panic braking like 20 feet away and won't let me get any closer. Very strange...

Because Alexa Auto has basically been abandoned and Lucid needs to replace the entire system with something that isn't.

Are you sure? There are a lot of manufacturers that are using Alexa including Audi and Mercedes. BMW etc. and these are not old vehicles.

Because Alexa Auto has basically been abandoned and Lucid needs to replace the entire system with something that isn't....
1715632035124.png

I agree, the speed at which the mirrors auto-unfold could be more like 10 mph, rather than whatever crazy low speed it is now. I think the initial idea was that since the 360 cameras can't operate with the mirrors folded in, they should pop out as soon as you start moving. I'm guessing not too many Lucid execs have tight garages at home.
It's not a question of what speed the mirrors unfold. You can't turn on the car without them unfolding. If I folded them before turning off the car, it shouldn't unfold them just because I turned the car on. It should wait until I reach the speed that turns off the parking cameras.

My garage was built in the 1920s and sized for a Model T. The mirrors have to be folded to fit through the door, and the nose has to be within a few inches of the wall. I had to set up something to tell me how far to pull forward, as the distance measure never reports less than 12 inches, it just changes to "Stop".

It's not a question of what speed the mirrors unfold. You can't turn on the car without them unfolding. If I folded them before turning off the car, it shouldn't unfold them just because I turned the car on. It should wait until I reach the speed that turns off the parking cameras.

My garage was built in the 1920s and sized for a Model T. The mirrors have to be folded to fit through the door, and the nose has to be within a few inches of the wall. I had to set up something to tell me how far to pull forward, as the distance measure never reports less than 12 inches, it just changes to "Stop".
Tight garage spaces are not limited to 1920s houses. I would also like the mirrors to remain folded at home until I’m out of the garage. It would be useful to have a setting that auto folds the mirrors when I get home. Auto unfold after I clear the garage.

It's really just one tap.

... so why don't you have a job from Apple to voice the male voice for Siri yet? 🤣

Also, @maractwin , when the mirrors are unfolded INSIDE your garage, do they come into contact with the walls? Or does this only go for the initial entry? If not, then it's really just a simple tap as @Bobby showed you!

No, because I am in reverse at the time, so the backup camera is on. I have to close that first to show the button.

And two taps isn't a lot, except that if I good UX designer had tried all of the common use cases, they would have done this differently so only one tap was required. Things that have to be done on every single drive, like the garage door and mirrors, should be just one tap.

No, because I am in reverse at the time, so the backup camera is on. I have to close that first to show the button.

And two taps isn't a lot, except that if I good UX designer had tried all of the common use cases, they would have done this differently so only one tap was required. Things that have to be done on every single drive, like the garage door and mirrors, should be just one tap.
Tap the button before engaging reverse.

Also, @maractwin, when the mirrors are unfolded INSIDE your garage, do they come into contact with the walls? Or does this only go for the initial entry? If not, then it's really just a simple tap as @Bobby showed you!
The garage is wider than the door, so it's OK that the mirrors open there, except that I have to close them again to back out. I wouldn't be able to open the door to get out of the car if it was that tight.

Nobody said it was perfect. Yes, the UX could be improved.

That doesn’t make it unusable or awful.

Really? My sensors seem pretty accurate
Mine are very accurate when I’m pulling into my garage but when I’m parking in a lot with the yellow stop brick thing, it doesn’t detect it and Luci has sat on top of one because of this. I really dont like that.

Mine are very accurate when I’m pulling into my garage but when I’m parking in a lot with the yellow stop brick thing, it doesn’t detect it and Luci has sat on top of one because of this. I really dont like that.
I hate those things. At least in the Air I do. The front of my other car goes over them without any problems. On the GT, the air dams get torn off. I've alrady had them replaced, and now one is hanging down again.

I hate those things. At least in the Air I do. The front of my other car goes over them without any problems. On the GT, the air dams get torn off. I've alrady had them replaced, and now one is hanging down again.
Backup into the parking spaces. Higher clearance in the rear. Saves the air dams.

Yeah that’s definitely a sensor/camera that needs to be adjusted.
It’ll hard stop Luci when I’m (not even) close to something but will drag right over those 🥺

Backup into the parking spaces. Higher clearance in the rear. Saves the air dams.
I’m a scardy (spelling?) cat when it comes to backing in. Accept my garage… I’m almost a pro. And auto park scares me even more 😅. Like whhhhyyyyyyyy can’t Luci auto park with no cars on either side!!!!???!!!!

I’m a scardy (spelling?) cat when it comes to backing in. Accept my garage… I’m almost a pro. And auto park scares me even more 😅. Like whhhhyyyyyyyy can’t Luci auto park with no cars on either side!!!!???!!!!
I actually don't think autopark is useful or safe in ANY car that has it. I think I've said this before, but on our Lucid test drive, the Lucid failed to find a parking space. When we circled around the parking lot 3 more times to try to find one, it did find it... except it handled it horribly, slowly, and almost crashed into a GT that was right next to the space it picked (this is the Lucid demo lot). We intervened and parked it ourselves after that.

Back