2023 Software Updates

I know I'm talking this out of context,
but maybe they should make headlights similar to Rivian?
Shit, NO!
No further comparisons to Rivian please.
You're right, you are taking it out of context. I thought it was pretty clear that I was referring to their software development efforts.

My car AT has not updated since 2.0.58 and I have had continual issues with connectivity of my Alexa, ISirius, Spotify, etc. very frustrating.
I would contact service about that. Something is definitely amiss with your car.

I would contact service about that. Something is definitely amiss with your car.
I have and getting a loaner is proving to be difficult from the store nearest me. I had to rent a car for two weeks last time ( I was fully reimbursed) and I don’t want to do that again. Somewhat frustrating. Most other high end companies will go out of their way to give a loaner and get the car checked.

I have and getting a loaner is proving to be difficult from the store nearest me. I had to rent a car for two weeks last time ( I was fully reimbursed) and I don’t want to do that again. Somewhat frustrating. Most other high end companies will go out of their way to give a loaner and get the car checked.
Have they tried to push the updates?

My Jag is ready for maintenance. If I provide my own transport, lots of openings. First opening with a loaner: July 31. I guess that's better than the Maserati I once had.... no loaners, ever.

It's time for an update. Been too long.

Ha ha I was just thinking that. I'm hoping for a larger update since the last update was to improve updates.
I was thinking the same that updates either should either be large ones or should be more frequent. At the very least, this should at least enable them to release updates to all at the same time #WishfulThinking

On Saturday (9/9) my AGT tried to update to 2.1.20. Description states that there is an upgrade to the headlight-mounted radar sensors as well as the those near the taillights. Picture showed radar sensing images coming from the front and rear corners of the vehicle. Supposed to enhance situational awareness when turning (front sensors) and more responsive blind spot coverage. I received the heads-up text but was at a football game and didn't want to initiate. Very short update (9 mins) given the changes, but wasn't going to risk it. My current s/w config is 2.1.18. Something like this sometimes requires a "preparatory" OTA (2.1.19??). Never got one. New update failed to load and got warning stating as such. Haven't called the help desk. Wondering if I simply have to wait for the next release or will there be another attempt.

Second - Has anyone received 2.1.20 and has it made a difference?

...Has anyone received 2.1.20 and has it made a difference?
This doesn't seem like the kind of thing a user would be able to discern easily in daily driving.

On Saturday (9/9) my AGT tried to update to 2.1.20. Description states that there is an upgrade to the headlight-mounted radar sensors as well as the those near the taillights. Picture showed radar sensing images coming from the front and rear corners of the vehicle. Supposed to enhance situational awareness when turning (front sensors) and more responsive blind spot coverage. I received the heads-up text but was at a football game and didn't want to initiate. Very short update (9 mins) given the changes, but wasn't going to risk it. My current s/w config is 2.1.18. Something like this sometimes requires a "preparatory" OTA (2.1.19??). Never got one. New update failed to load and got warning stating as such. Haven't called the help desk. Wondering if I simply have to wait for the next release or will there be another attempt.

Second - Has anyone received 2.1.20 and has it made a difference?
Email CS and ask them to repush the update. I'd do this and not wait for the next one.

My 2.1.20 loaded with no problem. I have not noticed a difference in the images but to me, the cameras and sensors were perfectly effective before the recent OTA. I continue to be impressed by the efforts to improve all functions of the car. It is a marvel of automotive engineering if not quite there yet on software resilience and the Lucid staff at all levels reflects a rigorous effort and culture of improvement, accessibility, and courtesy. What is also impressive is the effort to diagnose potential problems to be addressed by service before faults occur.

My 2.1.20 loaded with no problem. I have not noticed a difference in the images but to me, the cameras and sensors were perfectly effective before the recent OTA. I continue to be impressed by the efforts to improve all functions of the car. It is a marvel of automotive engineering if not quite there yet on software resilience and the Lucid staff at all levels reflects a rigorous effort and culture of improvement, accessibility, and courtesy. What is also impressive is the effort to diagnose potential problems to be addressed by service before faults occur.
That's good to hear. I will take the advice and contact customer service and ask them to push it out again. I too am impressed with this vehicle and the rigorous support their company has provided. Lexus used to talk about their "relentless pursuit of excellence." Well, this is what it looks like in the age of software-enabled vehicles. There are hiccups (for me, mostly around audio), but the performance is absolutely phenomenal. Whenever I receive notice of a software update (especially a longer one), I like a kid on Christmas Eve - wondering what Lucid left under the tree! Perhaps more like Hanukkah since the "gifts" just keep rolling in!

Wondering if I simply have to wait for the next release or will there be another attempt.
As a general FYI, I was told by CS that once a car fails an update, no updates will be shipped until the failure is corrected. So if an update fails, we should always contact CS to have it pushed again.

Something like this sometimes requires a "preparatory" OTA (2.1.19??). Never got one.
If you ever need to know if you are missing an update, just check lucidupdates.com - site is run by Bobby.

Installed 2.1.20 today, no problems. Not aware of any change in any feature; perhaps it is subtle or in a feature I'm not using.

As a general FYI, I was told by CS that once a car fails an update, no updates will be shipped until the failure is corrected. So if an update fails, we should always contact CS to have it pushed again.

If you ever need to know if you are missing an update, just check lucidupdates.com - site is run by Bobby.
YES, if an update fails, you need to go to support to get back on the wagon...
also, don't think Bobby is updating the lucidupdates.com web site anymore... not been updated since .15

YES, if an update fails, you need to go to support to get back on the wagon...
also, don't think Bobby is updating the lucidupdates.com web site anymore... not been updated since .15
I am thinking he went on vacation and it will get updated soon.

Back