2022 or 2023 GT?

Goofysoccer

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am interested in buying a used Lucid Air. A new (2024/2025) Grand Touring is outside my budget, but I would like more range, so I'm leaning toward getting a used GT rather than a new Touring or lower trim. I see a lot of used 2022 GTs for sale online along with some demo cars, and I see a few used 2023 GTs but no demo cars. My question is, what are the differences between the 2022 and 2023 GT models? I know they both come fully loaded with glass canopies. Is there any difference between the model years? Is there a build quality difference, and if so, is it major? I would generally appreciate any insight about whether I should wait for more 2023s to come on the used market or as demos (is that ever going to happen if they're sold out now?) versus just buying a 2022 model as there are a plethora available.

Thanks!

Based my previous readings and perception, I do not believe there is a difference between 2022 and 2023, at least in paper

But you might find differences in build quality and minor improvements that you won’t spot at the beginning of owing

I notice my car has lucid brand written above the break lights while other cars have it written over their break lights … these kind of differences I am talking about + might be version 1 hardware instead of revised improved hardware

This is only based on my readings, videos and the car I have

Based my previous readings and perception, I do not believe there is a difference between 2022 and 2023, at least in paper

But you might find differences in build quality and minor improvements that you won’t spot at the beginning of owing

I notice my car has lucid brand written above the break lights while other cars have it written over their break lights … these kind of differences I am talking about + might be version 1 hardware instead of revised improved hardware

This is only based on my readings, videos and the car I have
The logo placement is a KSA/ USA difference. KSA law doesn’t allow the logo over the brake lights.

You are correct that Lucid made no changes between 2022 and 2023 for the GT. I would say go for a 2023, however, because any 2023 would have been built after production of the Touring and Pure began. Which was shortly after they made major overhauls to production thanks to the hiring of Steven David. Quality went up significantly around that time.

Not all earlier models are problematic, mind you. It’s just more likely that a 2023 is going to be more solid.

The logo placement is a KSA/ USA difference. KSA law doesn’t allow the logo over the brake lights.

You are correct that Lucid made no changes between 2022 and 2023 for the GT. I would say go for a 2023, however, because any 2023 would have been built after production of the Touring and Pure began. Which was shortly after they made major overhauls to production thanks to the hiring of Steven David. Quality went up significantly around that time.

Not all earlier models are problematic, mind you. It’s just more likely that a 2023 is going to be more solid.
What about the California bear sticker🤣🤣 I want that on my GT … it does not have it

What about the California bear sticker🤣🤣 I want that on my GT … it does not have it
Service can apply it for you - just ask; it's free. :)

They don't let you apply it yourself haha; they have a specific outline for where it goes.

Back