2 Months Away, 0 Miles on return

Very troubling. Keen to know how the cause so it doesn’t happen again. Pretty expensive fix for lucid if battery pack has to be replaced

Very troubling. Keen to know how the cause so it doesn’t happen again. Pretty expensive fix for lucid if battery pack has to be replaced
No doubt they are taking it for analysis. Even my driver seat they replaced they sent back to figure out why one of the seat adjustments stopped working.

I wonder if the scenario that occurred was that for some reason the car battery had drained to critical due to SOC leakage over the 1.5 or so months of inactivity (which shouldn’t happen) but then when the update was initiated it was already at critical battery but the update kept insisting on running and so it cycled on and off automatically pushing the power drain beyond critical empty level which somehow resulted in damage (maybe cuz other systems such as battery cooling or protective functions couldn’t function anymore) and finally everything just went kaput. That might explain why it took 3 days to update.

I wonder if the scenario that occurred was that for some reason the car battery had drained to critical due to SOC leakage over the 1.5 or so months of inactivity (which shouldn’t happen) but then when the update was initiated it was already at critical battery but the update kept insisting on running and so it cycled on and off automatically pushing the power drain beyond critical empty level which somehow resulted in damage (maybe cuz other systems such as battery cooling or protective functions couldn’t function anymore) and finally everything just went kaput. That might explain why it took 3 days to update.
That's a good theory. And could explain why the charge port white flashing light was on. And you're right, the SOC should have never gone down. If they don't have it set up to trickle charge then this will happen to someone else in the future.

Never asked or maybe I missed this, but where are you located? Was it super hot where you are?

Never asked or maybe I missed this, but where are you located? Was it super hot where you are?
No, perfect battery weather. Monterey, CA. Mostly always 70 degrees.

The blessing here is it sounds like the hi-volt battery is readily available as opposed to an EQS that has been sitting in the local shop here for weeks waiting for a battery replacement.

The blessing here is it sounds like the hi-volt battery is readily available as opposed to an EQS that has been sitting in the local shop here for weeks waiting for a battery replacement.
This vertical integration of Lucid really does matter. One owners’ Motor replaced in a week, another’s battery replaced in a day.
That's a good theory. And could explain why the charge port white flashing light was on. And you're right, the SOC should have never gone down. If they don't have it set up to trickle charge then this will happen to someone else in the future.
The white flashing light means it’s trying to initiate a charge but not succeeding, it’s happened to me at the crappy Volta charger at my mall. I came back from a movie 2 hours later with the white lights still flashing trying to initiate a charge, and I’d lost I think 4% of battery SOC over 2 hours, so if it was to keep trying and fail over 3 days, well that’s a 72% SOC loss. If you started at less than 50% SOC it makes perfect sense to me that your battery went dead from trying but failing to initiate a charge for 3 days during the update. The update is pretty energy intensive, you’ll hear those fans sound like a jet taking off for awhile. Why it lost the ability to initiate a charge during/after the update is the question, and while it sucks for you I bet Lucid is secretly happy this happened so they can figure out WHY cuz otherwise they’re gonna be replacing a lot more batteries over what sounds like a simple software glitch (charge initiation failure during or after update).

This vertical integration of Lucid really does matter. One owners’ Motor replaced in a week, another’s battery replaced in a day.

The white flashing light means it’s trying to initiate a charge but not succeeding, it’s happened to me at the crappy Volta charger at my mall. I came back from a movie 2 hours later with the white lights still flashing trying to initiate a charge, and I’d lost I think 4% of battery SOC over 2 hours, so if it was to keep trying and fail over 3 days, well that’s a 72% SOC loss. If you started at less than 50% SOC it makes perfect sense to me that your battery went dead from trying but failing to initiate a charge for 3 days during the update. The update is pretty energy intensive, you’ll hear those fans sound like a jet taking off for awhile. Why it lost the ability to initiate a charge during/after the update is the question, and while it sucks for you I bet Lucid is secretly happy this happened so they can figure out WHY cuz otherwise they’re gonna be replacing a lot more batteries over what sounds like a simple software glitch (charge initiation failure during or after update).
Very, very helpful. Thank you. They were upfront and said they are in the last 2 week push for the month so they're busy. But once they get the battery (around the 1st-ish) it will take a day to install it and then they want to keep it to make sure everything is working well together. The car, the battery, the mobile charger. Do you think they would have a log recorded so they could figure out what happened? Or at least get more info?

Very, very helpful. Thank you. They were upfront and said they are in the last 2 week push for the month so they're busy. But once they get the battery (around the 1st-ish) it will take a day to install it and then they want to keep it to make sure everything is working well together. The car, the battery, the mobile charger. Do you think they would have a log recorded so they could figure out what happened? Or at least get more info?
Yeah they should be able to access charging logs.

Back