2.8.17 update

I suspect Lucid is inching the Air software toward the 3.0 baseline the Gravity is on, which could be why the updates are simply described as "robustness" and also why they are seemingly causing more problems than they are fixing.

My car is just over 6 months old now and has been a buggy mess the entire time. Not enough to discourage my love for driving it, and I'd totally buy it again if I had to do it all over, but a mess nonetheless. Based on the experiences I have had, I think my issues are more hardware related - either bad antennas or bad TCU - and the poor connection is causing the software to do weird things. I haven't been successful yet in getting Lucid to replace my TCU but I also have other things to deal with in my life and haven't been pushing that hard.
I haven’t heard anything about the Air getting 3.0? I can’t imagine they’d try something like that right now with all the Gravity service they’re doing.
 
I haven’t heard anything about the Air getting 3.0? I can’t imagine they’d try something like that right now with all the Gravity service they’re doing.
I don't think there's been any official information. I am only making a guess.
 
My wife's Audi Q6 is equally bad, and even though it can supposedly "receive updates just like a Tesla!" it hasn't actually received a single one since we bought it in Feb 2025. It's currently sitting at the dealer for the 5-hour maintenance required for this year's only software update. So yeah it seems like most automakers don't know how to do software yet...
Good luck with that. Every time my Audi was in for a software update, they broke something and had to keep the car for days.
 
With my Tesla in the early days, there were constant updates, and if one of the updates broke something, there would be another update in days, not weeks. I am glad I leased this car, and I do love driving it, but I am not convinced they really have the right resources assigned to software. They keep saying it's a top priority but seeing is believing.
But this is exactly what Lucid is doing. The 2.8.x OTAs for the Air went through several revisions in quick succession as additional bugs were discovered. The Gravity's 3.3.20 OTA quickly went to 3.3.22.
 
Just a data point..I never received the 2.8.17 OTA notification. I didn't even update to .16 for the fear of something might break.

*if* I do decide to update to .16....any notes on if it's better plugged in while doing it or not plugged in? I'll do a mic/x reset afterwards as well. I'm scared to update but the notification is starting to nag at me
 
Same. Their software is just bad and they don’t have the talent to fix it. Like map share. It worked. Now it doesn’t. How did that happen? WHY did that happen? Their software team is totally amateur and it’s a huge black eye on the company.
That's called a regression. I'm sure (actually, I know) they have plenty of regression testing, but sometimes things still slip through; I'm sure they've added additional regression tests after this broke.

But - a regression bug is not necessarily 'amateur hour'. Even large well-established software teams can produce software regressions.

(To be clear, I'm not saying their software team is amazing; I don't know them. But a regression is not, in and of itself, an indicator of incompetence)
 
Just an update on my part..I never got .17..so I finally updated to .16 after hesitating...as soon as .16 finished,.17 appeared...so it seems you need to do one after another
 
Just an update on my part..I never got .17..so I finally updated to .16 after hesitating...as soon as .16 finished,.17 appeared...so it seems you need to do one after another
Well that's interesting because you're the first person in weeks who has confirmed being prompted for 2.8.17. A ton of us on .16 are still waiting for it
 
Just an update on my part..I never got .17..so I finally updated to .16 after hesitating...as soon as .16 finished,.17 appeared...so it seems you need to do one after another
This is news indeed. My Air is in service currently and I’ve asked them to install 2.8.17 but not sure if they will. I guess I’ll ask again!
 
Well that's interesting because you're the first person in weeks who has confirmed being prompted for 2.8.17. A ton of us on .16 are still waiting for it
Is it possible that his car had .16 downloaded and also downloaded .17 in the background when it was released early? So, simultaneously had both ready? He said it instantly notified to upgrade to .17. That only would have happened if it was already onboard and queued prior to the perception it has been pulled.

I have no idea. Just speculating.
 
You know what would really robustify my experience? Pilot panel car-color matching like it used to.
 
I texted customer service today and they got back to me and created a case to push the update to my car. I then received a follow up email where they said that 2.8.17 is only for cars with DDP and I am not slated to receive it since I have DD Premium.
 
I texted customer service today and they got back to me and created a case to push the update to my car. I then received a follow up email where they said that 2.8.17 is only for cars with DDP and I am not slated to receive it since I have DD Premium.
Ah hah! Well there we have it.
 
I texted customer service today and they got back to me and created a case to push the update to my car. I then received a follow up email where they said that 2.8.17 is only for cars with DDP and I am not slated to receive it since I have DD Premium.
I have DDP but haven't received 2.8.17 (nor has anyone else lately), so I question the accuracy of their repsonse.
 
Back
Top