2.8.17 update

Yeah, a friend was choosing between Lucid and Rivian, and I had to be honest with my frustrations with the software. When I told him just a few of the bugs, he decided on a Rivian. Sad. I think what is discouraging is for Lucid to put out communications saying that fixes are imminent, and then there's nothing for 21 days and counting. With my Tesla in the early days, there were constant updates, and if one of the updates broke something, there would be another update in days, not weeks. I am glad I leased this car, and I do love driving it, but I am not convinced they really have the right resources assigned to software. They keep saying it's a top priority but seeing is believing.
I wonder if he has driven a Rivian? They are not the same!!!! Lucid is definitely a drivers car/SUV and the Rivian has a lot of body roll and doesn't feel attached to the road. I put a deposit on the new R3 after a test ride in the R1 I'm going to pass the driving experience to me is awful.
 
I have DD Pro in a 2022 Touring. This latest up date makes Hands Free Driver Assist (HFDA), less not more robust. We took the car for our commute to the desert this weekend and used HFDA extensively. On both the prior software versions, HFDA was stayed reasonably lane centered. This version sees a good bit of ping ponging, and over steering.
 
I have DD Pro in a 2022 Touring. This latest up date makes Hands Free Driver Assist (HFDA), less not more robust. We took the car for our commute to the desert this weekend and used HFDA extensively. On both the prior software versions, HFDA was stayed reasonably lane centered. This version sees a good bit of ping ponging, and over steering.
I agree with you. It now also will turn off HFDA on its own and switch to drive assist. It happened to me the other day on the freeway.
 
I agree that it’s strange practice to release updates to only certain cars. It’s even stranger not to tell customers you are doing this. Just the extra burden on customer care makes the whole practice idiotic, if you ask me.

It’s literally costing them money on the support side to not communicate effectively.

Still on .16 here. And yes, I have DDPro. I’m experiencing none of the bugs reported with 16, so I’m fine with it. I’d just like to know definitively what’s going on.

My car was built within months of others here who have gotten the update. Still possible I have some different version of the hardware, I guess. But I’m going to ask my mobile tech to push it when he comes to do my annual service. See what he says.

I’ll probably get yet another different answer.

My guess is that it’s true that not all cars needed 17. But I don’t see why they’d want the fleet to be on different versions, regardless. If 17 would actually hurt my car while it helps other cars, that’s a serious problem with their tech stack. The software should be able to differentiate between which cars need one code path vs which ones don’t.

Software updates fix issues that only some people could reproduce all the time.
 
I agree with you. It now also will turn off HFDA on its own and switch to drive assist. It happened to me the other day on the freeway.
Yeah, mine actually hits the lane markers while on DA so I'm not sure if the update messed it up or it's a mechanical issue. I would normally bring it to service to take a look, but it's such a long wait for an appointment and they tend to keep the car for days... I'm sure it's not amenable to a mobile service visit.
 
Yeah, mine actually hits the lane markers while on DA so I'm not sure if the update messed it up or it's a mechanical issue. I would normally bring it to service to take a look, but it's such a long wait for an appointment and they tend to keep the car for days... I'm sure it's not amenable to a mobile service visit.
It is the update on mine because it was fine before the update.
 
I agree that it’s strange practice to release updates to only certain cars. It’s even stranger not to tell customers you are doing this. Just the extra burden on customer care makes the whole practice idiotic, if you ask me.

It’s literally costing them money on the support side to not communicate effectively.

Still on .16 here. And yes, I have DDPro. I’m experiencing none of the bugs reported with 16, so I’m fine with it. I’d just like to know definitively what’s going on.

My car was built within months of others here who have gotten the update. Still possible I have some different version of the hardware, I guess. But I’m going to ask my mobile tech to push it when he comes to do my annual service. See what he says.

I’ll probably get yet another different answer.

My guess is that it’s true that not all cars needed 17. But I don’t see why they’d want the fleet to be on different versions, regardless. If 17 would actually hurt my car while it helps other cars, that’s a serious problem with their tech stack. The software should be able to differentiate between which cars need one code path vs which ones don’t.

Software updates fix issues that only some people could reproduce all the time.
Just as a point of reference, I also have a November 22 Touring build and have been on .17 since it came out. It was made available to me pretty much as quickly as people starting posting about it in this forum.
 
I have my 2023 Air Pure AWD (with DDP) in for its two year service, and just received notification that an update to 2.8.17 is in progress. I guess I need it after all...
 
I have my 2023 Air Pure AWD (with DDP) in for its two year service, and just received notification that an update to 2.8.17 is in progress. I guess I need it after all...
Interestingly... at least to me... I can see in my notifications that my Air's transition from 2.8.16 to 2.8.17 was accomplished via two (Count 'em, Two!) successful back-to-back update installations. Never saw that before.
 
Back
Top