2.8.17 update

I texted customer service today and they got back to me and created a case to push the update to my car. I then received a follow up email where they said that 2.8.17 is only for cars with DDP and I am not slated to receive it since I have DD Premium.

The last time I messaged customer service they told me the 2026 Air would make the swap to NACS. They're just as useless as their software updates.
 
I have DDP, and just texted CS a request to push 2.8.17. Sit tight and I'll let you know how they reply...

One hour, and still no response. Apparently, my suggestion to sit tight was Ill advised. Feel free to take a bio break, travel to Spain, write a novel, etc..
 
One hour, and still no response. Apparently, my suggestion to sit tight was Ill advised. Feel free to take a bio break, travel to Spain, write a novel, etc..
They took 4 hours to get back to me. I feel like it’s one or two people with a long queue.
 
Ah hah! Well there we have it.
I texted customer service today and they got back to me and created a case to push the update to my car. I then received a follow up email where they said that 2.8.17 is only for cars with DDP and I am not slated to receive it since I have DD Premium.
That’s what they told me too. I seem to have talked with Marque no less(?). They picked up in less than a minute for me.
 
They took 4 hours to get back to me. I feel like it’s one or two people with a long queue.

Yikes! Just another example of how a little proactive communication from Lucid would alleviate some of their internal problems as well as improve their customer sat scores. What's the old saying about treating your customers as you would if you were growing mushrooms?
 
Call support. I literally was on the phone less than a minute.

Yes. I know that a call would have likely gotten a faster response, but I wanted to get something in writing so that I could share it.

In case some of you didn't pick up on the nuance, the response I got did not simply say that the update is for cars with DDP, but rather cars with a specific version (or versions) of the DreamDrive hardware. I suppose that could mean DreamDrive Premium, as well.
 
If an update arrives fine if it does not fine. I really don't care. If I'm not having issues I don't need an update to fix problems I'm unaware of. If I am having issues I won't know from the release notes if an update addresses my issue. If in the rare instance the release notes say the update fixes an issue I'm having, I don't know if it will fix it or make it worse.

So I don't ask the company to push any updates, don't fret over those I do/do not receive. If one shows up I download and install it. Otherwise I just use the car.
 
One distinct possibility for the lack of 2.8.17 updates is a pause for the holidays. Many companies including Apple, Microsoft and Google have all paused distributing any updates during the holidays. This serves two purposes: don't ruin peoples' holidays if something goes wrong; limited support personnel because of holiday vacations.

Just saying.
 
Just an update on my part..I never got .17..so I finally updated to .16 after hesitating...as soon as .16 finished,.17 appeared...so it seems you need to do one after another
I too was waiting for 2.8.17 while on 2.8.9 (didn't appear .16 was a positive update). After reading this, went ahead and pushed 2.8.16. The 2.8.17 notification appeared about 10 minutes after .16 completed. Thanks for the tip.
 
If an update arrives fine if it does not fine. I really don't care. If I'm not having issues I don't need an update to fix problems I'm unaware of. If I am having issues I won't know from the release notes if an update addresses my issue. If in the rare instance the release notes say the update fixes an issue I'm having, I don't know if it will fix it or make it worse.

So I don't ask the company to push any updates, don't fret over those I do/do not receive. If one shows up I download and install it. Otherwise I just use the car.
This is great for you, and you're lucky to not have problems. For those of us dealing with now months of practically non-existent regen deceleration, we'd like the updates ASAP. I had to call support to force .16 since I never received that one either. That one at least stopped my dashboard screen from going blank while driving down the road, and would've been nice to receive without having to request it more than 3 weeks after it was released -- all while having a dangerous safety issue with the dashboard.
 
I too was waiting for 2.8.17 while on 2.8.9 (didn't appear .16 was a positive update). After reading this, went ahead and pushed 2.8.16. The 2.8.17 notification appeared about 10 minutes after .16 completed. Thanks for the tip.
Do you have DD Pro or Premium?
 
I understand that they don't want to push an update to those vehicles that don't need it, but i feel strongly that they should push it anyway but have the updater skip irrelevant modules during the update. this would make the progress tracking better.

and yeah of-course, that makes the updater more robust too!
 
Still on .16 but not really worried about waiting. The discussions about waiting, getting, experiencing OTA updates brings to mind this quote from Jelaluddin Rumi: By God, there’s no death worse than expectation.
 
Back
Top