2.8.17 update

Regen is back! Thanks Lucid...Audio seems to be tweaked slightly for the better...drives like a dream again...2.8.16 was total garbage...but .17 makes things ok again....I did have some bugs after update but I did a soft x, mic, brake reset and no issues since! Woohoo...
 
Regen is back! Thanks Lucid...Audio seems to be tweaked slightly for the better...drives like a dream again...2.8.16 was total garbage...but .17 makes things ok again....I did have some bugs after update but I did a soft x, mic, brake reset and no issues since! Woohoo...
Glad I’m not crazy!
 
No OTA update yet, but I just checked, and the Lucid app on my Android phone was updated to 2.11.0 on 12/05/25.

Unfortunately, it still won't wake my car remotely if I have the car's wi-fi turned on, which I did last night in the hopes of it facilitating this latest OTA update.
By any chance, is your wifi connection on the car using the 5 GHz frequency band? I used to have this problem all the time on my '23 AT until I switched the wifi connection on the car to use the 2.4 GHz frequency band. Ever since then, my car has woken up every single time when opening up my Lucid app. It still averages around 15 - 25 seconds to wake up, but it has not failed to wake up once.
 
My mobile app updated too, and it seems the update turned off the Unrestricted background setting, so I had to set that again.

Keep checking... https://lucidowners.com/threads/and...etting-unrestricted-background-battery.12132/

This is crazy though, I haven't even finished assessing whether .16 was "safe" to install (was leaning no) and the clock was reset again! I'm sure someone will be along shortly to tell everyone that the regen changes are all in their head though
 
First drive after the update and music playback was crackling until a reboot. Also had issues yesterday with the prior update with music and all audio in the car skipping, including the turn signal. In prior updates I’ve had audio cut out completely, playback weirdly slowed, and awful loud ringing tones that wouldn’t stop until exiting the car (2025 AT). Always use Spotify app or CarPlay with Apple Music.

Lucid software gives me flashbacks to the feel of Windows Vista.
 
By any chance, is your wifi connection on the car using the 5 GHz frequency band? I used to have this problem all the time on my '23 AT until I switched the wifi connection on the car to use the 2.4 GHz frequency band. Ever since then, my car has woken up every single time when opening up my Lucid app. It still averages around 15 - 25 seconds to wake up, but it has not failed to wake up once.
No, it's on a 2.4 GHz band, although I have tried it on the 5 GHz band, as well. One perhaps unusual thing... My car is parked in a high rise garage, so the wi-fi connection down there is different from the one my phone is connected to when it's in my unit, which probably is 5 GHz. I don't think that should matter though.
 
Keep checking... https://lucidowners.com/threads/and...etting-unrestricted-background-battery.12132/

This is crazy though, I haven't even finished assessing whether .16 was "safe" to install (was leaning no) and the clock was reset again! I'm sure someone will be along shortly to tell everyone that the regen changes are all in their head though
I do check it fairly frequently. This later version (s) of the app had stayed we unrestricted for at least a few weeks, and it was unrestricted when I last checked it a few days ago.

Gotta love the consistency!
 
My car just won't go to sleep now...losing battery at about 1% an hour....did all the resets and reboots using x mic brake and also air logo reset...this issues is giving me flashbacks of when this was a huge issue for owners...
 
Anyone notice more motor whine after this update. Mine generally did not whine much before this update. It’s quite noticeable now under load.
 
First commute with 2.8.17
  • Big change to regenerative braking at highway speeds... it is now almost imperceptible. Set to High and it works as expected below 50 but not above. I'm thinking this is probably better for efficiency as I won't lose momentum when I drop my foot off the accelerator.
  • Could not access charge screen to stop charging while using DC charger. Had to stop charging via the app.
  • Headlights remained on while charging and sitting in the car. Headlight switch had no effect.
 
My car just won't go to sleep now...losing battery at about 1% an hour....did all the resets and reboots using x mic brake and also air logo reset...this issues is giving me flashbacks of when this was a huge issue for owners...
My app said my car was in the parking lot running it’s HVAC for an hour after I parked it, but I don’t think it actually was.
 
My app said my car was in the parking lot running it’s HVAC for an hour after I parked it, but I don’t think it actually was.
Our cars are dumb.
 
Keep checking... https://lucidowners.com/threads/and...etting-unrestricted-background-battery.12132/

This is crazy though, I haven't even finished assessing whether .16 was "safe" to install (was leaning no) and the clock was reset again! I'm sure someone will be along shortly to tell everyone that the regen changes are all in their head though
Nobody said it was in your head. We were trying to help debug it. Weather and battery temperature is a factor, which means it must be ruled out. Through that thread, it was successfully ruled out as the main cause, at least.

It was clarified many times that nobody thought anyone else was delusional or lying.
 
First drive after the update and music playback was crackling until a reboot. Also had issues yesterday with the prior update with music and all audio in the car skipping, including the turn signal. In prior updates I’ve had audio cut out completely, playback weirdly slowed, and awful loud ringing tones that wouldn’t stop until exiting the car (2025 AT). Always use Spotify app or CarPlay with Apple Music.

Lucid software gives me flashbacks to the feel of Windows Vista.
Yes, I'm thinking Windows Millennium. Now we have Windows 10 and Windows 11. With that, given time Lucid will approach perfection.
 
First commute with 2.8.17
  • Big change to regenerative braking at highway speeds... it is now almost imperceptible. Set to High and it works as expected below 50 but not above. I'm thinking this is probably better for efficiency as I won't lose momentum when I drop my foot off the accelerator.
  • Could not access charge screen to stop charging while using DC charger. Had to stop charging via the app.
  • Headlights remained on while charging and sitting in the car. Headlight switch had no effect.
Were you in Park?
 
One new robust feature is being able to change current draw from the app. Just noticed this now, likely had to update it from both sides (iPhone 17; 2.11.0)

View attachment 34949
Interesting. I don’t see this. Car and s/w up to date on both sides. Car plugged in and not plugged in.
 
Told my wife this morning that my car was receiving it's seventh robustness update since I bought it in September and she said, "Geez, imagine how non-robust it must have been when you first got it!"
She's not wrong.
 
In seriousness, high Regen is back to 1 pedal driving level, it definitely got very weak after one of the recent updates.

Please send me your version. Updated yesterday and drove to N Jersey. Even at 70% battery, my regen was still light. At this point with so many robustness updates my Lucid’s Ro is about to bust.

Lucid took another public hit yesterday on its software in an EV Insider review of the Gravity. As an owner and shareholder I’m concerned that this will add to an already tough EV environment for sales. “Houston, we’ve got a problem.”
 
Back
Top