2.8.17 update

I can say that the regen reduced warning comes up a lot more even when SOC is under 80%. I would bet that have factored in the battery temp if I had to guess. Does that inadvertently mean they changed regen? Certainly.
 
My update has been stuck at 16% for around 15 minutes. Probably loss of connectivity as software updates I hope.
this is normal during updates, best not to watch at all. The download is fully loaded prior to presenting you with the upgrade option. It doesn't rely on connectivity WHILE updating for obvious reasons...a drop in connectivity could brick the car.
 
Oh, and put me down as another vote for "please improve the release notes." I think it's causing more harm than good by being purposefully vague, especially if they are actually adjusting regen braking params. I unexpectedly had to use the brake pedal while coming to a stop in a line of traffic...all good, and it's always the drivers' responsibility to do what needs to be done based on what they're seeing...but I won't lie, it did feel like having the rug pulled from under me. When I feather the accelerator....that IS me actively engaging in the braking process. It's not being lazy or fancy...it's how the car is driven. Silently tweaking that between updates when people have built muscle memory is not great. As the driver of the car, I would've benefitted from seeing a release note which said, "regen braking curves adjusted as follows," or even just a note to say they'd been changed.
 
this is normal during updates, best not to watch at all. The download is fully loaded prior to presenting you with the upgrade option. It doesn't rely on connectivity WHILE updating for obvious reasons...a drop in connectivity could brick the car.
Good to know... thanks.
 
Still waiting for that update. Lucid needs to get this software out of beta. I love my car, but there are too many little issues. I have a very high tolerance for issues, but my wife doesn't, and so she will stay with Tesla. We tested the Gravity, and she didn't even drive it. It's a hard no.
 
2.8.x or 2.7.x fixed annoying issue with Chargepoint L2 charger where I had to hard reset the charger to get rid of red error light after every 'full' Lucid charging session.
It may have been a combination of Chargepoint firmware update as well, can't say for sure. I think it was a Lucid issue as Tesla and BMW never triggered the error.
 
Update is done. I feel the charging efficiency on a level 2 charger has slightly improved.
6kW = 24 mi/hr.
Will drive and test further and post...
 
Update is done. I feel the charging efficiency on a level 2 charger has slightly improved.
6kW = 24 mi/hr.
Will drive and test further and post...
Alright, I took a first ride with the 2.8.17 update. The audio quality has certainly improved! I don't feel a difference in the one-pedal driving BUT it seems the recuperation is now adding more power back into the battery (efficiency improvement).
The third thing I could observe after the update is suspension seems to be slightly firmer???
 
Drove from SoCal to Phoenix this afternoon/evening. Was only able to use HFDA for 2 of the 5.5 hrs. The remainder of the trip on I-10 was “just” the Drive Assist with solid lines and unable to detect dashed lines. So no auto lane change available. Did an X and 🎤 reset to no avail. Hope the deep sleep cycle tonight brings it back to life tomorrow.

Deep sleep cycle might not help this issue. I've done that SoCal to Phoenix trip & back maybe 4 or 5X already with HFDA and yes there are spots during that drive where it consistently loses HFDA and defaults to DA.

There's also a long stretch between Vegas and SoCal driving southbound on I-15 where I lose HFDA every single time. Weirdly, that same stretch doesn't exist when going northbound.
 
It seems slightly faster loading but that’s all I have noted so far.
 
1765490933113.webp
 
I agree that the audio quality has improved with this update.

That and the regen are the two noticeable improvements I've noticed after 4 days of driving.
 
First commute with 2.8.17
  • Big change to regenerative braking at highway speeds... it is now almost imperceptible. Set to High and it works as expected below 50 but not above. I'm thinking this is probably better for efficiency as I won't lose momentum when I drop my foot off the accelerator.
  • Could not access charge screen to stop charging while using DC charger. Had to stop charging via the app.
  • Headlights remained on while charging and sitting in the car. Headlight switch had no effect.
The following day I had some weird glitchy stuff happen. I'm thinking I probably should have rebooted after the OTA. Dropped it off for the Center Console Control Unit upgrade yesterday. Will reassess after I get it back on Monday.
 
Anyone else have the feeling that they are doing a slow roll out on this one? If the last few updates are any indication, I would have this one by now.
It feels that way to me, but it's really hard to say overall. I got 2.8.9 and 2.8.16 really really early compared to when I started seeing posts on here about them. I'm still waiting on .17. However, it's fine, .16 hasn't caused me the issues that I hear from others on here.
 
It feels that way to me, but it's really hard to say overall. I got 2.8.9 and 2.8.16 really really early compared to when I started seeing posts on here about them. I'm still waiting on .17. However, it's fine, .16 hasn't caused me the issues that I hear from others on here.
Same here as far as having no significant issues with 2.8.16 goes. I REALLY wish that Lucid would listen to the many pleas on the forum for some details as to what any particular update is addressing. For all I know, it's nothing I care about. Then again, who knows? I chuckle at the various improvements that are speculated about after each update. I think the placebo effect is at play more often than not.
 
Still waiting on my 2025nl AT. Tap...tap...tap...

1765564970930.gif
 
Back
Top