2.8.17 update

Ok so this update appears to have completely frozen / disabled my GPS. Have reached out to both the SMS support team as well as spoken on the phone with service reps, and I guess this is has been seen before with previous updates? It's a double whammy because it appears that since the GPS is not updating and is "frozen", the Hands Free / Drive Assist for Dream Drive Pro now no longer can tell that I am on a highway to allow for automated driving.

Even more strangely, it appears to "override" my phone's location when I am connected via Bluetooth, so even when I pull up Apple Maps / Google Maps / Waze on CarPlay, it still shows the incorrect "frozen" location immediately after the car came online post-software update.

Hard resets, unpairing / re-pairing my phone, deleting the mobile app / redownloading --- nothing has worked. I'm about to go on a cross country road trip and I am extremely disappointed.
 
Speaking of audio it was fine for 2 days after the install. Today audio was garbled from all sources.. break up, distortion. Even the turn signals sounded horrible. Have rebooted, and will see (hear) how it goes later. Sheesh.
Had this exact problem with the new update, but also crackling, skipping, loss of audio issues, loud ringing… across all of the previous updates since I got my 2025 AT with SSP earlier this year.
 
Had this exact problem with the new update, but also crackling, skipping, loss of audio issues, loud ringing… across all of the previous updates since I got my 2025 AT with SSP earlier this year.
They got the SURREAL in Surreal Sound Pro right. Nothing like driving down the road and all channels are distorted and crackling. That is surreal.
 
Has the rollout of this version been paused or am I just somehow last in line this go around?
 
Has the rollout of this version been paused or am I just somehow last in line this go around?
I'm still on 2.8.16 and got the pilot screen blank this morning. First occurrence in many months.
 
I've had the GPS freeze as well, right after I picked up the car (seven updates ago). I haven't received 2.8.17 either.
 
Lucid spent so much time and attention to get the driving experiences so right. This is incredibly difficult to do and something almost no one gets right, even after years of incremental development. Handling, feel and ride are better than any other sedan, electric or not.

But, they get the "no brainer" things so wrong. Doors, locks, turning things on and off, keeping your last audio selection, sensors, etc just do not work correctly. These are things even basic cars can get to "just work". Turns out these are the very things that we use everyday and it's the part that lets us all down.

I love my AGT. Everyday, I marvel at how wonderful it is to actually drive. And, when things work, it's a truly sublime car. But it's the things you never have to think about on other cars that just are maddening in ours. I sincerely hope they take the comments seriously and fix these things.
 
Has anyone received this update in the last few days?
 
At this point my 3.3.20 update for GGT will arrive before 2.8.17 for my Air. One is at least tolerable but it’s quite frustrating to be waiting for BOTH. hoping they will solve some of these everyday usability software issues.

Btw 2.8.16 seems to be having increasing numbers of issues every day. Wife is getting very annoyed she can’t even make phone calls through the car as of today. 🤷🏽‍♂️
 
2.8.17 is the first software I’ve seen in a long time that installed well and then deteriorated over 48 hours.
 
So no one has seen the update since Thursday?
 
Got avail notice Thurs afternoon, installed it Sat afternoon (so it was not withdrawn at that time, as an earlier release was while I still had that earlier release's install pending).
 
Got avail notice Thurs afternoon, installed it Sat afternoon (so it was not withdrawn at that time, as an earlier release was while I still had that earlier release's install pending).

I may be wrong, but I don't think Lucid could withdraw an update once it's been downloaded to the vehicle. If so, your experience validates Thursday PM availability, but no time beyond then.
 
I may be wrong, but I don't think Lucid could withdraw an update once it's been downloaded to the vehicle. If so, your experience validates Thursday PM availability, but no time beyond then.
And yet, that has occurred for me in the past... easy to imagine constructing such a safety valve.
 
Back
Top