2.2.10 is a higher version than 2.2.2

That is not new. This has been an issue at EA for a long time. It happens less frequently now but it is not related to the OTA.
Oh I actually think I understand what you're saying now. I must still have the free charging correctly applied to the account, but there is a glitch in the automation so it probably just works but with the app intervention?

I also was on 2.2.20 before the current numerical downgrade. 2.2.20 definitely existed l on my lucid too
We learned a while back that Lucid likes to omit a 0 with single digit updates. 2.2.2 is really 2.2.02

We learned a while back that Lucid likes to omit a 0 with single digit updates. 2.2.2 is really 2.2.02
That’s not accurate, but is a valid way to think about it I guess. Lucid didn’t make this up. https://semver.org/

The periods are simply delimiters for integers; don’t think of them as decimal points.

I also was on 2.2.20 before the current numerical downgrade. 2.2.20 definitely existed l on my lucid too
You were on 2.2.2. There was never 2.2.20. The final number is not a traditional decimal (obviously, because no such math exists with multiple decimals in one number) so you can’t just add zeros.

because no such math exists with multiple decimals in one number
Listen, we make these things up. IP addresses have multiple decimal points; they just serve a different function. On some calculators, 1.2.3 is a shortcut for 1.2/3.

In other countries, numbers are written like 12.345.678,90; rather than the 12,345,678.90 we are used to.

Versions could just as easily be “dope version number six” but that would be more confusing, I think

(Also I agree with everything you said, I’m just having some fun)

Just add the numbers together to figure out the newest version

2.2.2 - 2+2+2=6
2.2.10 - 2+2+10=14

Highest number = latest version

Just add the numbers together to figure out the newest version

2.2.2 - 2+2+2=6
2.2.10 - 2+2+10=14

Highest number = latest version
By that logic, 1.2.76, released 7/27/22, is the latest version.

Wrong logic. You are working across major release boundaries
Or, you know, you could just reason that 10 is greater than 2.

Again working across release boundary
So by your logic I should:
1. Check to make sure that the first number is the largest of all the releases.
2. Check and make sure the second number is the largest of all the releases.
3. Add together all three numbers to find out if I am on the latest update.

Makes perfect sense.

When I first got the car I never looked to see if there is the asterisk next to the gear icon, and so missed installing the updates.

IF NO ASTERISK:

"Your vehicle is up to date."

if you see that, and there is not an asterisk next to the gear icon, guess what...you have the latest software release.

because math is hard, and digital math is really hard.

Last edited:
Back