2.1.3 Update

Is easy entry driver's side only?

Wife would appreciate it on the passenger seat. She hits her head sometimes and likes the seat at the lowest height.

Barbara Bach?

Ringo isn't going to give her up!
Since there is no actual driving position on the passenger side, why not just always leave the seat at the lowest height then?

No they don’t.
This is mine. I have the button set for it.
The only change I see now is that the forward abs back steering wheel control no longer work with Apple car play to Change the Song. Alexa and Siri can do it though so voice mode it is then or test the AIR logo reset.

Attachments

• IMG_6229.jpeg
    IMG_6229.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 110
Yup. This is exactly what I’m talking about. I agree that wasn’t the only issue, certainly.

I also agree it sucks! The end goal is hiring more CS agents, better playbooks, and so on. There’s lots of room for efficiency improvements too. But we’re not there yet, and those take time.

Personally, I feel spoiled by the easy access to CS. It's better than any other car I've owned.

For whatever reason, my wife's Q7 decided to hate my iPhone for a week. CarPlay wouldn't connect, heck it wouldn't even let me try to get it to connect in anyway (randomly went away). I didn't have anyone to text. No number to call 24/7. No one to email. I'd have had to make an appointment, wait for it, drive it in, etc...

Lucid is way above and beyond in this department from my POV - even if I have to wait a long time for an actual service appointment (to date every time I've made one, every issue has gone away on its own and I've been able to cancel it).

I try to do the following (others can use their own judgement):

- Call if it's a big deal or location specific... like I'm somewhere and I can't charge

- Text if the car is still functional but it's fairly major... like when connectivity quit working for me for a couple of days

- Email with bugs, minor issues, or questions... like the issue I've been running into where my trunk doesn't open all the way if I try and open it with the fob

Just my $.02

This is mine. I have the button set for it.
The only change I see now is that the forward abs back steering wheel control no longer work with Apple car play to Change the Song. Alexa and Siri can do it though so voice mode it is then or test the AIR logo reset.
My response was to somebody saying that they had steering wheel adjustment only. As you can see from your own picture, they don’t.

Personally, I feel spoiled by the easy access to CS. It's better than any other car I've owned.

For whatever reason, my wife's Q7 decided to hate my iPhone for a week. CarPlay wouldn't connect, heck it wouldn't even let me try to get it to connect in anyway (randomly went away). I didn't have anyone to text. No number to call 24/7. No one to email. I'd have had to make an appointment, wait for it, drive it in, etc...

Lucid is way above and beyond in this department from my POV - even if I have to wait a long time for an actual service appointment (to date every time I've made one, every issue has gone away on its own and I've been able to cancel it).

I try to do the following (others can use their own judgement):

- Call if it's a big deal or location specific... like I'm somewhere and I can't charge

- Text if the car is still functional but it's fairly major... like when connectivity quit working for me for a couple of days

- Email with bugs, minor issues, or questions... like the issue I've been running into where my trunk doesn't open all the way if I try and open it with the fob

Just my $.02
Yeah their service has been next level for me, like I think the longest I've ever had to wait for a response was maybe 90 minutes, but nearly all of the time the response has been immediate, like literally within a minute of me texting. I always just text. If it's something urgent I'll text the main number saying it's urgent so that way the main Lucid CS knows what's going on. If it's more of a general thing that's not time sensitive (I recently got a random stress crack on the inside of my windhshield, for example) I'll just text one of the staff at the service center, and they can get back to me at their leisure as I know they're always quite busy. Texting is best though because you can send pictures, and there's also a written record of the conversation, because I forget things I'm told often due to so many work related distractions. One thing that very much impresses me with their service is they work hard to not inconvenience you. I've had to rearrange service appointments a few times due to work or family needs and they've always been super flexible, and basically got me in whenever I needed and also have got me back on the road when I needed. They've returned the car to both my house and work if I couldn't pick it up, etc. There's no way around the fact that being an early adopter of a new auto manufacturer will result in growing pains and possibly more issues requiring service than a new Toyota or whatever, but whenever the car has needed service it's resulted in minimal trouble. I have no complaints.

Yeah their service has been next level for me, like I think the longest I've ever had to wait for a response was maybe 90 minutes, but nearly all of the time the response has been immediate, like literally within a minute of me texting. I always just text. If it's something urgent I'll text the main number saying it's urgent so that way the main Lucid CS knows what's going on. If it's more of a general thing that's not time sensitive (I recently got a random stress crack on the inside of my windhshield, for example) I'll just text one of the staff at the service center, and they can get back to me at their leisure as I know they're always quite busy. Texting is best though because you can send pictures, and there's also a written record of the conversation, because I forget things I'm told often due to so many work related distractions. One thing that very much impresses me with their service is they work hard to not inconvenience you. I've had to rearrange service appointments a few times due to work or family needs and they've always been super flexible, and basically got me in whenever I needed and also have got me back on the road when I needed. They've returned the car to both my house and work if I couldn't pick it up, etc. There's no way around the fact that being an early adopter of a new auto manufacturer will result in growing pains and possibly more issues requiring service than a new Toyota or whatever, but whenever the car has needed service it's resulted in minimal trouble. I have no complaints.

Yes, Lucid is ‘next level’ in client satisfaction. I am very pleased with their Houston Service Center. Rivian, on the other hand, renders good service, but usually respond a month after submitting service request via mobile app. I understand it’s economy of scale, things may change when Gravity or lower models are introduced.

As has been said several times, you need to contact service and have them do a “seat homing” procedure.
Can mobile service do the seat homing procedure or does it need to be performed at a service center?

Installed the 2.1.3 update the other day. My thoughts:
- Easy entry is nice. I'm a tall (6'5") SOB so finding a place that is comfortable and easy to view everything on the dash AND be able to get out out is sometimes tricky. It seems to reliably move the seat back when I open the door and forward when I fasten my seatbelt or press a pedal.
- The Nav display change was surprising. It seems the 3D view is rendered at a lower angle. Different and I'm not sure how I feel about it.
- I wasn't able to get lane biasing work work noticeably, but maybe there's a setting I missed.
- Disengaging cruise control at highway speed still feels abrupt and I have learned to hit the accelerator to compensate
- That said, braking using adaptive cruise feels like it starts sooner and is more gradual.
- There's a small audio bug where the voice navigation will "talk over" the streaming audio (Spotify for me) for a moment. Oddly, when I had the music turned way down, the voice nav would play music at it's volume for a moment before speaking. Probably a buffer issue
-Using swipe on the keyboard works well and is a welcome addition. Predictive text also appears to work well

Installed the 2.1.3 update the other day. My thoughts:
- Easy entry is nice. I'm a tall (6'5") SOB so finding a place that is comfortable and easy to view everything on the dash AND be able to get out out is sometimes tricky. It seems to reliably move the seat back when I open the door and forward when I fasten my seatbelt or press a pedal.
- The Nav display change was surprising. It seems the 3D view is rendered at a lower angle. Different and I'm not sure how I feel about it.
- I wasn't able to get lane biasing work work noticeably, but maybe there's a setting I missed.
- Disengaging cruise control at highway speed still feels abrupt and I have learned to hit the accelerator to compensate
- That said, braking using adaptive cruise feels like it starts sooner and is more gradual.
- There's a small audio bug where the voice navigation will "talk over" the streaming audio (Spotify for me) for a moment. Oddly, when I had the music turned way down, the voice nav would play music at it's volume for a moment before speaking. Probably a buffer issue
-Using swipe on the keyboard works well and is a welcome addition. Predictive text also appears to work well
I noticed the navigation voice talking over the music too. I didn't associate it with the update, but you're right. I never heard that before the update. I'll have to try swipe on the keyboard. I use it on my phone all the time, but never even though about doing it in the car!

Finally got my 2.1.3 software update notification this afternoon while I was out and about. Just got home and now starting the software update, let’s see how long it takes.

Finally got my 2.1.3 software update notification this afternoon while I was out and about. Just got home and now starting the software update, let’s see how long it takes.
Updated this afternoon; took just over 2 hours.

Got the notice this morning but haven't gotten around to it yet.

I just downloaded the update today. Now I don’t see the option to schedule charging. Does that go away or is this a bug?

I just downloaded the update today. Now I don’t see the option to schedule charging. Does that go away or is this a bug?
It's still there, but your old setting got wiped out. The scheduled charging is now geofenced to a specific location that you set when setting it up. This means you'll automatically be set to scheduled charging at that location and open charging everywhere else. Still only a 12 hour window rather than anything custom unfortunately.

Just a quick 2.1.3 update experience from today:
I received the notification that I had an update available for installation and that it would take about 90 minutes. I initiated the update and it indeed took about 90 minutes. I went for a quick drive after the update and did not see any of the issues that have been reported on the forum - everything worked great. I did not try the ‘easy entry’ feature, as my current seat settings are great for both driving and entry/exit - never felt the need to use this option on other cars I’ve owned either.

Bottom line: no complaints! Looking forward to using Max AC and playing more with the Dreamdrive improvements!

Back