2.1.3 Update

It's not about the time and effort it takes for one CS rep to push one update to one person. That's trivial. It's about resource management and thinking about someone other than yourself.

If they have X number of folks to answer phones, and dozens of people are calling to have an update pushed, that's Y more minutes the person sitting at the side of the road in the rain with a drive fault error has to wait before someone answers the phone.

They have no way of knowing why people are calling, so they have to answer each call in the order the calls come in.

I see people here using the old "But no one complained when I did it." Or "Why doesn't Lucid officially tell us not to call?" Clearly, you've never worked in customer service. Support folks literally can't say that. Their job is to make you feel like a great person, even if you aren't. They quietly take the hits and save cursing under their breath for dinner with their family later that evening.

What Lucid can do is quietly ask people like the mods here to suggest to owners they maybe keep all this in mind and please try to have a little patience around updates. (Even that didn't come from customer support, by the way. That was from upper management.) Because CS does get overwhelmed whenever a new update is released. And it hurts their ability to service people who are in much greater need.

They know not everyone will listen. But if even half of us do, that will help somewhat.

If you must contact support over something like this, use email. At least that they can triage and push to the back of the pile where it belongs.

If you don't want to wait, so be it. That's on you. Just spare us the shock and surprise when people react with the appropriate disdain.

Also, when you're sitting on the side of the road waiting for someone to pick up the phone, and you come here to complain about it? Be prepared for the middle fingers that will be extended toward you.

(And no, I have not gotten this update yet myself.)

Back to the update info…

After updating I noticed the easy entry is greyed out - was hoping the delay in pushing it out meant that a mobile visit to calibrate the seats wouldn’t be needed, but just contacted CS to find out.

Back to the update info…

After updating I noticed the easy entry is greyed out - was hoping the delay in pushing it out meant that a mobile visit to calibrate the seats wouldn’t be needed, but just contacted CS to find out.
Quick answer: They just confirmed a visit will be needed.

Quick answer: They just confirmed a visit will be needed.
Yes. I believe this is the reason for the continued slow rollout. Although only some cars need this service visit, they likely don't want all those cars needing it at once.

A watched update never downloads .... saw this on a fortune cookie once. 🥠

Still waiting for the update here … 😐

It's not about the time and effort it takes for one CS rep to push one update to one person. That's trivial. It's about resource management and thinking about someone other than yourself.

If they have X number of folks to answer phones, and dozens of people are calling to have an update pushed, that's Y more minutes the person sitting at the side of the road in the rain with a drive fault error has to wait before someone answers the phone.

They have no way of knowing why people are calling, so they have to answer each call in the order the calls come in.

I see people here using the old "But no one complained when I did it." Or "Why doesn't Lucid officially tell us not to call?" Clearly, you've never worked in customer service. Support folks literally can't say that. Their job is to make you feel like a great person, even if you aren't. They quietly take the hits and save cursing under their breath for dinner with their family later that evening.

What Lucid can do is quietly ask people like the mods here to suggest to owners they maybe keep all this in mind and please try to have a little patience around updates. (Even that didn't come from customer support, by the way. That was from upper management.) Because CS does get overwhelmed whenever a new update is released. And it hurts their ability to service people who are in much greater need.

They know not everyone will listen. But if even half of us do, that will help somewhat.

If you must contact support over something like this, use email. At least that they can triage and push to the back of the pile where it belongs.

If you don't want to wait, so be it. That's on you. Just spare us the shock and surprise when people react with the appropriate disdain.

Also, when you're sitting on the side of the road waiting for someone to pick up the phone, and you come here to complain about it? Be prepared for the middle fingers that will be extended toward you.

(And no, I have not gotten this update yet myself.)
Can the seat homing procedure be done prior to receiving 2.1.3 or does it have to be done after? Mobile service is coming tomorrow and I'm wondering if I should ask him to do my procedure even though I don't have the update yet.

Eh, I disagree to an extent. My concern is it's been close to, if not over, 2 weeks since 2.1.3 has started going out.
Quick correction... 2.1.3 was first noted “in the wild” here on the forum on 7/12/2023, one week ago.
Can the seat homing procedure be done prior to receiving 2.1.3 or does it have to be done after? Mobile service is coming tomorrow and I'm wondering if I should ask him to do my procedure even though I don't have the update yet.
Yes, at least in my case. Mine was done months prior and my easy exit/entry works. That said, I don’t use it because it goes way too far back for me.

5 feet 5 7/16 inches
You aren't that much shorter than me - I don't see how my car's easy entry would actually be easier for you - so maybe at some point (after the next real firmware update?) this merits an email to customer service.

You aren't that much shorter than me - I don't see how my car's easy entry would actually be easier for you - so maybe at some point (after the next real firmware update?) this merits an email to customer service.
I'm also rotund, so....that may be the difference!

I'm also rotund, so....that may be the difference!
Maybe. The principal difficulty is in descending that far down to get into the car. Think of using first stair of a staircase as a seat - harder to manage than a couple stairs up, perhaps even at 5.543125 feet in height, and any degree of rotundity...

And for those who want the easy entry due to mobility (ie, need hip surgery), ask your doc to give you some extra length - got both hips done and mine took away an inch instead - ticked I didn’t know he could make me longer!

Everyone should understand that no matter how well and tested a software update there are going to be issues that are unique to certain cars. This is especially true for very large updates. Updates are done by many software engineers and making sure the different engineers code is compatible with each other is very difficult. Then making sure the new code works correctly with the existing is difficult which explains why some cars have issues and other work fine.

By slowly sending out the updates, Lucid can monitor for problems and stop the update if major issues are found. Hence the update from 2.1.2 to 2.1.3 after sending to the update to several cars. So intially the update will be slowly sent out. Once the update has been determined to be stable, it will be released to more cars. So in short, be patient, you'll get your update eventually. While it would have been nice to have the software perfect from the get go, I think Lucid has done very well for a brand new manufacturer. I don't have 2.1.3 update yet and will install it when I get it, whether today or weeks from now.

Maybe. The principal difficulty is in descending that far down to get into the car. Think of using first stair of a staircase as a seat - harder to manage than a couple stairs up, perhaps even at 5.543125 feet in height, and any degree of rotundity...
I have the opposite problem. If the seat is anything but all the way down, I will bang my head on the roof. As I’ve learned the hard way when getting into the passenger side after my wife has been sitting there.

If Easy Exit simply puts the seat all the way back and down, it’s essentially not going to move for me.

I have the opposite problem. If the seat is anything but all the way down, I will bang my head on the roof. As I’ve learned the hard way when getting into the passenger side after my wife has been sitting there.

If Easy Exit simply puts the seat all the way back and down, it’s essentially not going to move for me.
Hence I would really appreciate an option for it to only move the steering wheel up. Ought to help us both.

It can be done before.

Back