2.1.10 OTA Update (7/24/23)

This is normal. You will get 2.1.2 OR 2.1.3 OR 2.1.7.... then 2.1.10.
So I assume that 2.1.10 is fixing a common bug?

Anyone notice any changes with 2.1.10?

This is normal. You will get 2.1.2 OR 2.1.3 OR 2.1.7.... then 2.1.10.
Very interesting call today to Customer Service....CS said that 2.1.3 was on hold, there is not 2.1.7 or 2.1.10. I asked her to verify with her manager and she came back with the same reply. Wonder if Volvo EX90 or MB EQS having the software growing pains? She also stated they would not push any OTAs unless your car was due.

Very interesting call today to Customer Service....CS said that 2.1.3 was on hold, there is not 2.1.7 or 2.1.10. I asked her to verify with her manager and she came back with the same reply. Wonder if Volvo EX90 or MB EQS having the software growing pains? She also stated they would not push any OTAs unless your car was due.
I'm wondering if the HA with 2.1.3 could have put it on pause. I don't think this update on it was an improvement to the HA except that it is easier to wrest the wheel without too much effort. It seems to have some problems keeping a steady position in the lane in my car now, so I seldom use it.

I don't care for the menu system in the EQS, way too many, but so far, no bugs.

Like what? I will be looking forward to seeing what’s different tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_2031.jpeg
    IMG_2031.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 135
I'm wondering if the HA with 2.1.3 could have put it on pause. I don't think this update on it was an improvement to the HA except that it is easier to wrest the wheel without too much effort. It seems to have some problems keeping a steady position in the lane in my car now, so I seldom use it.
I had a nice drive with HA this morning, but it was a basket case on the way home, bouncing around in the lane on parts of the freeway that have always been perfect. It was actually quite jarring and hope this OTA has something to do with it.

I had a nice drive with HA this morning, but it was a basket case on the way home, bouncing around in the lane on parts of the freeway that have always been perfect. It was actually quite jarring and hope this OTA has something to do with it.
Yeah I've been having the same wiggling and it even crossed over the edge of the lane and gave me the lane departure warning. I'm really not a fan of HA; more satisfied with ACC.

I’d advise not getting too caught up in the numbering. Just know that when you finally get 2.1.10 you’ll be all caught up.

2.1.10 likely just sets us all to the same version number and little else.

I, too, am still on 2.0.71. I imagine that means I will eventually get 2.1.7, not 2 or 3. And then 2.1.10.

2.1.7 has just started circulating, so it may be a few more days before the remaining people on 2.0.71 see it. They clearly had to halt 2.1.3, just as they did 2.1.2, due to something. Who knows what it was? Doesn’t matter now.

In a way, it’s better I never saw 2.1.2 or 2.1.3. Since some of the folks who got 2.1.2 and 2.1.3 obviously had some issues that my car will now avoid. Thanks to all the folks who keep reporting bugs.

This was a big update, and clearly some stuff went wrong with the release. I hope Lucid does a post mortem and gets to the bottom of what happened. In the meantime, hopefully the release of 2.1.10 means they are confident they can now push out these big changes to the rest of the fleet.

Anyone who wasn’t on this forum would have had no idea anything was happening. 100% of the butt hurt feelings going on about this are due to us all obsessing over who got what update when. First world problems, indeed.

I do think Lucid needs to do some soul searching about QA with these releases. But who knows? I imagine all the various hardware configurations out there make it very tricky to test. They should probably have not just more cars out there beta testing. But more cars from different production batches in order to have more variety in their testing pool.

I suppose it makes sense to want to get all cars on the same version. But if that's all 2.1.10 is for, why not say that in the release notes rather than "..improving the robustness and general functionality of the vehicle"? I'd have no problem installing a release with that description and not give it a second thought, rather than trying to figure out what may be more robust or improved by the update.

The only thing better than a Robusto is a Double Robusto.

Attachments

• IMG_3079.jpeg
    IMG_3079.jpeg
    314.9 KB · Views: 60
I suppose it makes sense to want to get all cars on the same version. But if that's all 2.1.10 is for, why not say that in the release notes rather than "..improving the robustness and general functionality of the vehicle"? I'd have no problem installing a release with that description and not give it a second thought, rather than trying to figure out what may be more robust or improved by the update.
Note: I said likely that’s all 2.1.10 does. Perhaps there is some “robustness” in there somewhere. I’m just making an educated guess, given it only takes a few minutes to install.

It says its a 25 minute update so I think it is probably fixing some bugs. I don't think mine actually took 25 minutes but it wasn't a quick and done update either.

Note: I said likely that’s all 2.1.10 does. Perhaps there is some “robustness” in there somewhere. I’m just making an educated guess, given it only takes a few minutes to install.
It’s likely both.

The only thing I've noticed different since 2.1.10 is I had to reset the side rear view mirrors.

I decided to check out Highway Assist and the new lane biasing complaints in 2.1.3 and in the bug fixes in 2.1.10 that I installed earlier this evening.

When I tried Highway Assist last Thursday after I installed 2.1.3, I didn't notice any of the lane biasing complaints. I just drove another 25 miles on 2.1.10 and there's no discernable difference in Highway Assist that I can tell in this update either. The lane biasing is definitely there but my car isn't experiencing any of the reports of the car remaining dangerously uncentered in the lane.

*UPDATE* Tidal Users Rejoice!!!

One other change that I noticed in 2.1.3 but was hesitant, and damned near afraid to speak it out loud is, they've seemed to slip in an update to the Tidal app bug where the app didn't remember your previously playing song in your playlist after exiting the car locking it and when returning to the car, it playing the song again, then some random song from some random playlist. This is a sneaky, but WELCOMED, update! Thank you Lucid!!!! This makes the app much more user friendly.

I'm so in love with this car!! I love it more and more everyday!!

Back