2.0 mi/kWh - Max AC in 110 heat

rob37w

I live in Phoenix and have been getting 2.0 mi/kWh since buying my Air a week ago. 2022 Air GT with 12k miles, 21” wheels.

It’s been 110 outside and I am running my a/c at max.

Is this normal given these conditions?

I live in Phoenix and have been getting 2.0 mi/kWh since buying my Air a week ago. 2022 Air GT with 12k miles, 21” wheels.

No, it sounds like you are having fun though. With normal driving in the heat I get 3.2 to 3.3 miles/kWhr

No, it sounds like you are having fun though. With normal driving in the heat I get 3.2 to 3.3 miles/kWhr
I wish. I’m actually driving in smooth mode. Very very slowly and still getting 2.0 mi/kWh

I have a service appointment in 2 weeks.

How about regen settings? is it set to low or high?
Long press the smooth setting and then put regen on high.

I only get 2mi/kWh when I’m driving like Max Verstappen, which is often!

High regen
Probably should bring this up at your service appointment. However, I’m not sure about efficiency in 110f weather.

Probably should bring this up at your service appointment. However, I’m not sure about efficiency in 110f weather.
It’s on my list. They are going to love me. I have 5 items they need to address.

My DE Performance gets 2.6-2.7 in Houston with the AC on full and in Swift mode and low regen.

I'm getting 2.9, spirited driving max ac in Phoenix.

You probably shouldn’t count ‘Since last charged’ data. Even car is idle blowing AC will count as efficiency drain. Best metric is to use Tripmeter.

Mine's been below 2 mi/kWh for the past couple months. I figured it was because of all the AC precooling I've been doing and the car trying to keep the battery cool.

You probably shouldn’t count ‘Since last charged’ data. Even car is idle blowing AC will count as efficiency drain. Best metric is to use Tripmeter.
This is really important for your efficiency metrics. My mi/kwh has been shot during the summer with pre-cooling and cabin hold while being out. Using the Trip meter is the only way to really know if you are in line with everyone else.

Max AC and driving over 70 will get about 2.0 as said. The heat here is just intense, make sure you are 100% tint roof and winshield. We use tint 20% and 50% windshield. Usually in this heat we are right around 2.8 in this weather in Phoenix.
IMG_0573.jpeg

Max AC and driving over 70 will get about 2.0 as said. The heat here is just intense, make sure you are 100% tint roof and winshield. We use tint 20% and 50% windshield. Usually in this heat we are right around 2.8 in this weather in Phoenix.
View attachment 14780
IMG_0598.jpeg

20s Vossen wheels 🛞
No aero caps

Mine's been below 2 mi/kWh for the past couple months. I figured it was because of all the AC precooling I've been doing and the car trying to keep the battery cool.
We are winning with the 20s you need more tint

How about regen settings? is it set to low or high?
Long press the smooth setting and then put regen on high.

I only get 2mi/kWh when I’m driving like Max Verstappen, which is often!
That explains it! But its fun to drive like Max. So the heck with range. Here in Scottsdale eventually the temperature will drop and our range will improve (although I will still keep my AC on and attempt to drive like Max) as we move from six months of hell to six months of heaven.

I am super curious now what my regen level is hoping the default the highest ??

This is really important for your efficiency metrics. My mi/kwh has been shot during the summer with pre-cooling and cabin hold while being out. Using the Trip meter is the only way to really know if you are in line with everyone else.
Good info. I didn't know that.

Back