Issues with car

rob37w

I’m 7 days into my ownership and want to know if these issues are normal and if anyone has a solution to any of these.

- range is bad. 2.0 mi/kWh since purchase - Phoenix 110+ heat and max AC all the time

- my LTE service in completely out. The only time I can connect to the car is when it is on Wi-Fi. Hard reset does nothing.

- AC doesn’t always start up. I have to turn on and off the AC a few times for it to kick on.

- Front camera fault 3 times

- Passenger mirror light has water it in

- Frunk gets stuck often when trying to open

This forum is fantastic. Thanks to everyone who helps contribute.

Service will address those, their warranty repair is fantastic and they will do you right. I had a couple of minor issues too. Enjoy driving!

range is bad. 2.0 mi/kWh since purchase - Phoenix 110+ heat and max AC all the time

The temp is a killer. I noticed recently that on the one day that the temp went down from past 110 to low 90s my MkW increased while driving by about one mile per kilowatt hour.

range is bad. 2.0 mi/kWh since purchase - Phoenix 110+ heat and max AC all the time
It will get better over time; the motors have a break in period, and you’ll learn how to drive the car more efficiently as you do it. The usual suspects obviously apply; make sure you’ve turned on high regen, use ACC/HA for better efficiency, Smooth mode, and so on. But temp is a big killer.

my LTE service in completely out. The only time I can connect to the car is when it is on Wi-Fi. Hard reset does nothing.
Need service to address.

AC doesn’t always start up. I have to turn on and off the AC a few times for it to kick on.
It does, most likely, but feeds air through the windshield vents to cool the (likely extremely hot) screen. You can either tap and untap the “defrost” vents, or set it to remotely cool from your phone before you get in.

Typically only happens when driving into direct sunlight. If that’s the scenario, nothing to do. If it’s happening elsewhere, service.

Passenger mirror light has water it in
Definitely service ASAP.

Frunk gets stuck often when trying to open
Needs an adjustment or new latches. Service.

Can you kindly update us on how all these issues are addressed.

My range has improved significantly since I bought the car over a year ago. I have driven in many 90-100 degree days here ( not 110 though) and have still managed great numbers. For instance, over my last 2000 miles or so I am averaging 4.1 m/kWh. I do drive like a total loser though.

Make sure you are not using since last charge to assess range; use Trip meter ranges instead.

You will get fantastic range 8 months a year there while us sad northerners will suffer with cold and snow and 2.5 - 3.0 m/kWh so there is that.😉😉

I’m 7 days into my ownership and want to know if these issues are normal and if anyone has a solution to any of these.

- range is bad. 2.0 mi/kWh since purchase - Phoenix 110+ heat and max AC all the time

- my LTE service in completely out. The only time I can connect to the car is when it is on Wi-Fi. Hard reset does nothing.

- AC doesn’t always start up. I have to turn on and off the AC a few times for it to kick on.

- Passenger mirror light has water it in

- Frunk gets stuck often when trying to open

This forum is fantastic. Thanks to everyone who helps contribute.
Hi, @rob37w. Thank your for sharing. I just sent you a direct message.

Back