Good morning… Am I reading correctly. You can now play music through the cars USB connection? If this is the case , I have a FIIO DAP with 100s of Albums and songs …Do you anyone here know if there is a way to make a DAP work with the car‘s USB port? If DAP player is not compatible, what type of USB stick will work.?
I don't believe a dap will work. Any modern USB stick in FAT32 format will work.

Good morning… Am I reading correctly. You can now play music through the cars USB connection? If this is the case , I have a FIIO DAP with 100s of Albums and songs …Do you anyone here know if there is a way to make a DAP work with the car‘s USB port? If DAP player is not compatible, what type of USB stick will work.?
Did you try plugging it in to see if it works?

This is beyond my technical grasp, but my Bolt-owning friend (who is a computer programmer) is trying to find why my USB stick with 1,288 albums (about 101 gb) will play without a hitch in his Bolt but will not play in the Air without constant freezes for reloading.

He went into the directory on the stick and found reports of error correction, indicating a problem with the chip. He's going to run a correction program (terminology?) on the stick to see if he can clean it up.

I copied 67 of my favorite albums from this defective stick to a new 3.1 stick, and that stick is working flawlessly. I don't know if that's because the error(s) were not in the data of those particular albums, the Bolt has a much larger temporary memory than the Air, or whether something else is going on.

That still leaves the question of why the errors tripped up the Air's system but not the Bolt's. This reminds me of the old days of CDs and DVDs where my player of one brand would stumble at a disc defect while my player of another brand might not due to differences in their correction algorithms.

Finally got some FLAC files onto a USB thanks to @Dortreo and i may never go back to listening to anything else. Freaking awesome.

Just got this report on diagnosing USB stick holding my music collection:

image.jpg

Apparently the reason it will play without a hitch on the Bolt EV but not on the Air without constantly reloading is that the Bolt has more temporary memory.

Finally got some FLAC files onto a USB thanks to @Dortreo and i may never go back to listening to anything else. Freaking awesome.

My music uses Apple's lossless MP4 coding. Although the music lacks a bit of the soundstage texture of some Atmos recordings on Tidal, the sound otherwise is spectacular in the Air. I spent almost an hour sitting the car in the garage last night, just pulling up one old favorite after another to soak up the experience.

My friend was trying out my larger music stick in his Bolt in the next bay, and he kept coming over to listen to what I was playing in the Air. He was blown away -- except when I pulled up one of my all-time favorite singers: Japan's departed Enka legend, Hibari Misora. Can't understand a word she sings . . . but yowza.

I have music partitioned by Artist on my Mac hard drive.

Has anyone tried copying a folder structure/tree onto the USB drive and does that work?

I have music partitioned by Artist on my Mac hard drive.

Has anyone tried copying a folder structure/tree onto the USB drive and does that work?
It seems to use metadata. Folders seem to appear under “album”. Still figuring this out.

I installed the .52 update yesterday and drove around a bit to see if the car was safe for the Sure-Kill Distressway (aka I-76 into Philly).

This morning the wife was convinced the car would make the 20 mile trip ( to 4th & Arch Sts. Monthly Meeting of Friends) without flaw.
It did.
And back again.

no animals were harmed.

(missed that fn squirrel that keeps planting black walnuts in my garden ).
I took a small trip however I entered a destination 1000 miles away. It was nice to see the remaining range based on next Electron stop vs. staring at insufficient range for 14+ hours.

Not sure about FIIO DAP. As for USB stick, the Sandisk Fit series will work because I have one in my AT right now.

Strange thing happened to me after updating yesterday. I lost any and all connectivity to the car. The app won't connect and when I'm in the car, Alexa, music, Nav all stopped functioning. It shows 1 cellular bar no matter what. I tried to turn off wifi but then nothing on that pilot panel would react when pressed. I've tried a bunch of valet key resets to no avail. I spoke to customer care a few minutes ago who said they would arrange for a mobile van to visit since he had no ideas. But I need the car for tomorrow so am going to cross my fingers on my 150 mile round trip to take my 95 year old dad to the doctor. Any ideas are really appreciated. Thanks.

Strange thing happened to me after updating yesterday. I lost any and all connectivity to the car. The app won't connect and when I'm in the car, Alexa, music, Nav all stopped functioning. It shows 1 cellular bar no matter what. I tried to turn off wifi but then nothing on that pilot panel would react when pressed. I've tried a bunch of valet key resets to no avail. I spoke to customer care a few minutes ago who said they would arrange for a mobile van to visit since he had no ideas. But I need the car for tomorrow so am going to cross my fingers on my 150 mile round trip to take my 95 year old dad to the doctor. Any ideas are really appreciated. Thanks.
Bobby reset! Swap to guest profile, then swap back to yours and see if it works

Thanks. Tried that but wouldn't' let me switch profiles. I'll try again after 15 minutes of another valet key reset
No luck. Was able to switch profiles but no change in behavior. Any other ideas? Customer care didn't want me to drive the car till service but think I'm going to chance it. Just won't have navigation or music (don't have a thumb drive with me) but bluetooth working fine.

Back