Others have probably put you at ease by now but just as a data point, I did 16 - yes, 16 - updates in a row with no known issues [knock][knock]. The "used" GT I purchased was on 1.2.11 I think. It had been sitting in a car showroom for a looong time.
Same here.

Was the phone audio sounding as if the voice was coming from somewhere behind the front firewall of the car rather than through the cabin speakers -- muffled and bass-ridden?

This happens to about half my phone calls lately.

It's but another of these random bugs that are increasing in one system or another in the car as these updates continue. (I'm also having the problem with all audio in the car, including turn signal sounds, disappearing. Well, the turn signal sounds are not actually disappearing. If the car is not moving and no one is making any noise, you can hear them very, very faintly, as if they're coming from somewhere in the front right footwell.)

This is getting really, really, really tiresome.
Had this exact issue. Tried resetting multiple times and that didn't fix it. Called CS and they tried resetting, didn't fix it. Then I did another turn signal reset randomly and actually saw the Lucid loading screen on the cockpit and pilot panels of my car. After that, all was fixed. Not sure how I got those loading screens to show up though because any subsequent reset just shows the cockpit as it usually is with the speedometer, and vehicle controls.

Argh. Updated to .50 yesterday and immediately did a valet card reset. Went out for lunch today and the car insisted on getting the PIN (I had the mobile key with me); then the garage door opener failed to close the garage door so I got out to get the remote. Upon re-entering the car (having left the driver's door open and with a passenger in the front), the car again insisted on the PIN. Drove to lunch and did another valet card reset. Getting back into the car after lunch it didn't ask for the PIN, but the back-up camera failed. The garage door opener, PIN requirement and back-up camera failure were all new issues. Drove back home and the garage door opener worked, but the front camera, back-up camera and 360-view cameras all failed, as did the ultrasonic sensors for distance to walls. Did a Bobby reset to no avail, so did yet another valet card reset. I'll let the car sit for a couple of hours before reaching out to CS. Wife has said she won't use the car until two weeks go by without an issue. Did I say, "argh"?

I don’t think the issues reported above are a result of this update. You can see from multiple posts on different versions that some people see issues and others don’t. What’s more interesting are the bugs no matter what version seem consistent.

.50 for me has been more stable than the last 3 or 4 updates I’ve received but I suspect as others are posting the bugs haven’t been found and rectified they’ll show up again at some point until Lucid figures out what is causing such inconsistencies.

The door proximity unlocking has been 100% reliable since .50 so looks like this update did what it was supposed to do.

Bingo. The calls have become almost unintelligible.
I had the same problem. I completely removed Lucid from the Bluetooth list on my phone and then added it back. It seems to have solved the problem (for now).

I don’t think the issues reported above are a result of this update. You can see from multiple posts on different versions that some people see issues and others don’t. What’s more interesting are the bugs no matter what version seem consistent.

Yeah, the same bugs others have reported but which I've never experienced before. Something in the update process obviously "unlocks" the bugs.

Anyway, just went out to check and the third valet key reset seems to have done the trick.

Weirdly, I was offered the .50 update, installed it, but now the "about" still says .48. I had the same thing happen a few revs ago and heard that the version number doesn't necessarily change after installation, which is maddening because I can't tell if the car failed to install, silently decided to drop the update, or what.

Weirdly, I was offered the .50 update, installed it, but now the "about" still says .48. I had the same thing happen a few revs ago and heard that the version number doesn't necessarily change after installation, which is maddening because I can't tell if the car failed to install, silently decided to drop the update, or what.
I would send text to CS. They will respond fast

Had this exact issue. Tried resetting multiple times and that didn't fix it. Called CS and they tried resetting, didn't fix it. Then I did another turn signal reset randomly and actually saw the Lucid loading screen on the cockpit and pilot panels of my car. After that, all was fixed. Not sure how I got those loading screens to show up though because any subsequent reset just shows the cockpit as it usually is with the speedometer, and vehicle controls.
I have tried the valet rest many times but the only time I saw the lucid loading screen was two days ago. I had turned on the blinker and locked the car using the key fob this time. The blinker turned off in like 20 seconds and I didn’t open the car again for close to 6 hours after that. When I opened again with the fob it displayed the loading screen (lost almost 20 miles of range during this time). Since then the phone and blinker signals have been working fine 🤞🏼.

Not sure if we need to wait for an extended time before opening the car after the blinker turns off for the car to fully reboot . I have always reopened right after the blinker turns off with my previous reset attempts

I have tried the valet rest many times but the only time I saw the lucid loading screen was two days ago. I had turned on the blinker and locked the car using the key fob this time. The blinker turned off in like 20 seconds and I didn’t open the car again for close to 6 hours after that. When I opened again with the fob it displayed the loading screen (lost almost 20 miles of range during this time). Since then the phone and blinker signals have been working fine 🤞🏼.

Not sure if we need to wait for an extended time before opening the car after the blinker turns off for the car to fully reboot . I have always reopened right after the blinker turns off with my previous reset attempts
I can't reliably get the loading screens to show up with my valet card reset or my blinker resets. Only 1 time so far did I see them and after that my phone audio corrected itself. Trying to figure out how to get it to happen again.

I, too, have only seen the loading screens come up once despite many attempts at soft resets. Many times the reset has been successful however. it would be nice to get some type of message that certain systems, eg, the infotainment had been reset.

I am well aware of the disavowed hard reset and have only done it once prior to the warning against, however the great thing about it was that you really knew that something happened.

Moderators, do you know if someone from Lucid is still monitoring this forum to pick up on these problems, or should we all be calling Lucid as these things occur?
Straight from the guidelines, fwiw:
4. VEHICLE ISSUES: This is not an official Lucid Motors forum and may or may not be read by Lucid employees. If your car requires service, please contact Lucid customer service directly.
Email: [email protected]‭Text or call: +1 (888) 995-8243‬

Not sure if this is a new problem, first time in the rain, but auto-wipers, either setting, are not working at all under .50.

I've been reading a lot of what happens after updates and I didn't post anything as I thought I was "lucky" that I didn't experience anything significantly negative with the updates BUT I had my car serviced for a few issues one of which was that my text messages weren't being read out loud and I lost my voice navigation a few updates ago. They recommended that I reset the car (the one where it wipes eveything and I have to start over). So I did that on Sunday and... Endless trouble! It seems that all the bugs everyone was having, I was experiencing one after another... Frozen main screen, intermittent tidal reception, music and sound stopping all of a sudden and not restarting, side cameras not coming on with signal, rear view camera "not available". I agree with what's been said here. I find it disappointing that each software update recently are just bug fixes rather than introducing new features, and they bring with them a host of other bugs. As much as I want to support lucid, especially since I just bought the car, I am surprised that a company can/is doing this. I cannot name any other product I've owned that has given me this type of experience. We all had a choice of how to spend our hard earned money and we chose to buy this rather expensive product and we all could have bought something else with it... My own opinion is that we deserve better. Maybe others don't agree, I don't know but I'm (and my wife) getting a bit tired of this. My preference would be less updates that are stable and bring features, rather than more frequent updates that bring more bugs and sour the ownership experience

I've been reading a lot of what happens after updates and I didn't post anything as I thought I was "lucky" that I didn't experience anything significantly negative with the updates BUT I had my car serviced for a few issues one of which was that my text messages weren't being read out loud and I lost my voice navigation a few updates ago. They recommended that I reset the car (the one where it wipes eveything and I have to start over). So I did that on Sunday and... Endless trouble! It seems that all the bugs everyone was having, I was experiencing one after another... Frozen main screen, intermittent tidal reception, music and sound stopping all of a sudden and not restarting, side cameras not coming on with signal, rear view camera "not available". I agree with what's been said here. I find it disappointing that each software update recently are just bug fixes rather than introducing new features, and they bring with them a host of other bugs. As much as I want to support lucid, especially since I just bought the car, I am surprised that a company can/is doing this. I cannot name any other product I've owned that has given me this type of experience. We all had a choice of how to spend our hard earned money and we chose to buy this rather expensive product and we all could have bought something else with it... My own opinion is that we deserve better. Maybe others don't agree, I don't know but I'm (and my wife) getting a bit tired of this. My preference would be less updates that are stable and bring features, rather than more frequent updates that bring more bugs and sour the ownership experience
Can't agree more. Software is definitely Lucid's shortcoming.

Can't agree more. Software is definitely Lucid's shortcoming.
I too agree and have experienced all of the above. As mentioned before, the Lucid team has been great and knows the way to my house by heart.

I thought the great rewrite from several months back was done to provide a stable software platform from which future feature additions would then be seamlessly added and tweaked. I haven’t added 5.0 as my car is still in the shop waiting for a rocker cover for two weeks but I am hesitant to add this update. Hasn’t Lucid scuttled some updates in the past to rewrite them so they don’t introduce more bugs then they fix? Or once your car shows the download available you are screwed as you have that version?

This update introduced a few problems:
1) No sounds in the vehicle.
2) Surround view not appearing automatically, had to be manually enabled.
3) When surround view was on the pilot screen it remained on at speeds >16 mph, had to be manually exited.
4) Doors locking without tucking in mirrors.
5) Vehicle offline in the app/No internet in the vehicle.
It took multiple resets, including the forbidden one, to restore the proper functionality of the vehicle.

Straight from the guidelines, fwiw:

Thanks.

I was just wondering whether Lucid was at least still tracking the software threads. As are other posters, I am now having so many random events with my software that, given the long wait times one now often encounters when calling Customer Service, I wanted to spare myself (and other owners also trying to get through) the constant barrage of phone calls.

Previous longtime Tesla owners on this forum will not be surprised by any of this. One wave forward, three waves back. Software “updates” making things worse instead of making them better.

We can expect several more years of this, people. It’s just the way of it. It took Tesla a long time to end up where they are now. Their software today looks very stable, slick and sophisticated even, compared to what Lucid are cranking out.

Just be thankful that no at Lucid is wasting time and precious resources on producing whoopee cushion fart sounds. Getting that as a so-called “latest update”, when what I really wanted was an update that eliminated all “phantom braking”, was enough to make me want to put my foot through that enormous centre screen.

Back