And, don't forget the ability to share your trip w/ the folks you are meeting. .. I've found that function to be critical for lunch meetings and times when I've been stuck in traffic.

Also, as I've stated in other posts, the Lucid built-in navigation is awful and unusable for me .. I had it on for our trip back on Thanksgiving and my wife was literally yelling at it because the directions didn't make any sense (I was testing if traffic was any good, but ended up relying on the Apple Maps on the phone for that)
I am with you on the utility of Lucid's navigation. The touch feature is not an optimal way for me to zoom in and out on the pilot panel display, much less the cockpit display. A simple plus and minus button with mileage increments would be better for me. I trust that Lucid will upgrade its navigation system and add named destinations that can be searched with voice commands and that also include elevation. I have been able to load EA locations on the map, but not on a reliable basis. I just installed 2.0.33 but have not used the car since.

The notes are available in both the app and the car at the time of upgrade.
After installing 2.0.33 Alexa is coming on but does not do anything - but it does prevent any other infotainment options since the blue flashing of Alexa seems to control. Any ideas on how to get rid of this?

Also, do you really have to program Homelink to each Fob, not the car itself?

Thanks

After installing 2.0.33 Alexa is coming on but does not do anything - but it does prevent any other infotainment options since the blue flashing of Alexa seems to control. Any ideas on how to get rid of this?
Reboot.
Also, do you really have to program Homelink to each Fob, not the car itself?

Thanks
You have to set each profile’s home link. I know it’s a hassle without replication.

Thanks.

That is a hassle on the Homelink.

How do you Reboot?

Thanks.

That is a hassle on the Homelink.

How do you Reboot?
Leave car for 30 sec to make sure car is turn off and then come back. (FOB, phone BlueTooth all away from car)

For the first time today, on 2.0.33, when I got into the car, (a) my clock was an hour behind - it self-corrected after about 5 minutes, but weird, (b) the cameras were consistently inoperable, (c) the Nav did not replace the 'Air' logo with directions, and (d) my SXM favorites were gone... again - this has happened every 2-3rd usage.

A valet card reset solved for all of that, but this was probably the most I've had go wrong with the software at once since the UX2.0 upgrade completed.

For Android users, I suspect that if Lucid had used Google Maps/Nav and Google Assistant instead of HERE and Alexa, most would be satisfied and uninterested in messing with an Android Auto connection to the phone. Google Maps/Nav also has seamless cloud integration with the identical apps people are already using on their phones. We have these on our Volvo EV, along with other third-party Android apps that are identical to the ones on our phones, and hence no interest in Android Auto for that car.

One thing we've positively proven: a wife disappointed in a car's native navigation solution rapidly diminishes her opinion of the car overall. Proved it with a Tesla Model 3 and seeing it again on Lucid's Air.

For Android users, I suspect that if Lucid had used Google Maps/Nav and Google Assistant instead of HERE and Alexa, most would be satisfied and uninterested in messing with an Android Auto connection to the phone. Google Maps/Nav also has seamless cloud integration with the identical apps people are already using on their phones. We have these on our Volvo EV, along with other third-party Android apps that are identical to the ones on our phones, and hence no interest in Android Auto for that car.

One thing we've positively proven: a wife disappointed in a car's native navigation solution rapidly diminishes her opinion of the car overall. Proved it with a Tesla Model 3 and seeing it again on Lucid's Air.
At the time Lucid was developing their maps, there was no EV charging integration, which is why they went with HERE. It's only recently that Google introduced the function as part of their maps right?

At the time Lucid was developing their maps, there was no EV charging integration, which is why they went with HERE. It's only recently that Google introduced the function as part of their maps right?
Not sure - the Volvo EV we bought 18 months before the Air had Google maps & Assistant with integrated EV route planning from day one.

I think there’s more to it than that. HERE “apparently” has one of the better HD scanned mapping systems which helps cars for autonomous driving. I read they have better HD mapping than Google which was surprising, so it seems it’s more behind the scenes stuff that HERE has the upper edge.

Its majority owned by VW, Audi, Mercedes and Intel so was interesting that Lucid chose it over Google. Must be worth it.

After the 2.0.33 update my pilot panel stopped working completely anyone else have this happen. No reboots have fixed it and for some reason I cannot get anyone from service to call back. This is one thing that I was concerned about before purchasing.. what happens when something is wrong! Luckily I am not on the side of the road. I also get authorization errors at fast charger station so it's staying parked in the garage

Something definitely up with 2.0.33

I lost mobile key when it first rolled out, deleted and re-paired. It worked intermittently for a while. Now it fails 100% of the time.

Today unlocked vehicle by app, pilot panel completely dark, put in Drive, sill dark, no surround cameras, then a few seconds later, lucid screen appeared and looked like whole thing restarted.

Hopefully fix coming soon!

Another thing to mention that I'm only now noticing is the navigation doesn't have quite a few locations around here in Scottsdale which have been around for God knows how long? Most recently a local tennis facility that's been here forever and nope - Lucid's nav said cannot find it!

Another thing to mention that I'm only now noticing is the navigation doesn't have quite a few locations around here in Scottsdale which have been around for God knows how long? Most recently a local tennis facility that's been here forever and nope - Lucid's nav said cannot find it!
You can just report the missing location to HERE and it will appear live online and in your car in a few hours. Oh wait, sorry - I was thinking of Google.

Something definitely up with 2.0.33

I lost mobile key when it first rolled out, deleted and re-paired. It worked intermittently for a while. Now it fails 100% of the time.

Today unlocked vehicle by app, pilot panel completely dark, put in Drive, sill dark, no surround cameras, then a few seconds later, lucid screen appeared and looked like whole thing restarted.

Hopefully fix coming soon!
I've had that happen with the last couple of releases, including 2.0.33. The pilot panel and the upper right section of the drivers display definitely seem to crash and reboot. After the reboot, everything seems fine, so just a minor annoyance. I've taken to just sitting in the car for a minute or two to let things "warm up" :).

Is it me or anyone else Alexa lost her voice with this OTA 2.0.33? Maybe SXM killed her vocal cord?

HERE maps used to be called Navteq and they provided the best navigation systems back in the days. Garmin GPS systems uses HERE maps (i believe they still do). HERE was later acquired by Nokia and then got sold to bunch of automobile companies including BMW. Back in 2013, I used HERE maps to download entire countries' roads on my old windows phone for my travels (New Zealand, Norway etc.) when Apple maps didn't exist and Google maps was poor (you still can't download entire country). Google maps back then didn't have offline navigation and HERE maps on my Nokia phone had offline navigation which was a lifesaver.

Latest update is rather buggy. After it got downloaded, now my driver camera is nonfunctional half the time and the screens (pilot and one above it) blank out for 10 sec at a time while driving. Hopefully it will get fixed with another update soon. I am not really an XM user so can't comment on that.

Back