2.0.15 - The MOAU - Mother Of All Updates

So….does any one know what to do if you didn’t have the key fobs in the car during the 2.0.15 update? It didn’t tell me to do that in the app, and that was how I initiated it. Also, it said to keep the car unplugged but mine was plugged in and it didn’t stop it. Seems like if it were crucial, it should not allow you to do the update if plugged in.

So….does any one know what to do if you didn’t have the key fobs in the car during the 2.0.15 update? It didn’t tell me to do that in the app, and that was how I initiated it. Also, it said to keep the car unplugged but mine was plugged in and it didn’t stop it. Seems like if it were crucial, it should not allow you to do the update if plugged in.
Just take them with you next time you drive for 10 minutes and they will update.

You need to apply a slight turn (one direction or another) to the steering wheel until you feel a little resistance. The car can sense that you are trying to override the steering and it counts that as having your hand/s on the wheel. What I do is pretend that I’m steering and nudge the steering wheel where I think the car should go. This works best on more curved roads. On straight roads you just pretend that the car is not driving straight and apply a little force to the steering wheel to make it go straight.

Another option is to rest your hand on the wheel on either side so as to provide a constant force on the wheel - just enough so the car senses it, but not too much to override the steering.
Thanks for the pro tip. I’ll try it today.

Anxiously awaiting a notification. I'm not confident in my car's connection to wifi though. How does it show up when checking connected devices on your wifi router? I don't see anything that is obviously a Lucid.

Anxiously awaiting a notification. I'm not confident in my car's connection to wifi though. How does it show up when checking connected devices on your wifi router? I don't see anything that is obviously a Lucid.

It takes many forms, but generally you’ll see your car’s vin number. Ublox-ag sometimes appears, too.

It works over cellular. Got my update on a road trip lol

Installing my 2.0.18 now, I haven’t even had the chance to drive the car after the last 3 updates! It will be fun on the next long drive to test everything.

You need to apply a slight turn (one direction or another) to the steering wheel until you feel a little resistance. The car can sense that you are trying to override the steering and it counts that as having your hand/s on the wheel. What I do is pretend that I’m steering and nudge the steering wheel where I think the car should go. This works best on more curved roads. On straight roads you just pretend that the car is not driving straight and apply a little force to the steering wheel to make it go straight.

Another option is to rest your hand on the wheel on either side so as to provide a constant force on the wheel - just enough so the car senses it, but not too much to override the steering.

I was really hoping that Lucid wouldn’t go in this direction. To monitor driver attentiveness I was hoping Lucid would make use of the internal cameras to track the driver’s eye movements to measure alertness, rather than the driver having to tug on the steering wheel every few seconds.

In the beginning the Tesla would allow up to 90 seconds of no torque on the steering wheel before sending out a warning. These days, while speed dependent , those annoying warnings come about every 15 to 20 seconds.

I was really hoping that Lucid wouldn’t go in this direction. To monitor driver attentiveness I was hoping Lucid would make use of the internal cameras to track the driver’s eye movements to measure alertness, rather than the driver having to tug on the steering wheel every few seconds.

In the beginning the Tesla would allow up to 90 seconds of no torque on the steering wheel before sending out a warning. These days, while speed dependent , those annoying warnings come about every 15 to 20 seconds.
It is supposed to use those cameras in what I believe is Highway Pilot rather than just Highway Assist. This is the first iteration of their advanced ADAS so I'd just give it time. Either way, I just rest my hand on the wheel where I normally drive and it keeps the warnings off already so it's not much of a change TBH.

Like @hydbob said just take it with you next time you’re driving it. Lucid will most likely complain that it can’t find the fob at some point during the update but it will quickly resolves itself.

It has been a busy week. I am losing track of what OTA update does what and what it really did. Somewhere around OTA 1.2.18 I lost my NAV function. Since none of the later OTA updates have fixed it, Lucid Service Center coming next week to get my car and leave me a loaner. This a good time for me to put togeter a list of minor issures that I have, but were too nit picky to bother with until now.

Loaded 2.0.13 on Tuesday, 2.0.14 on Wednesday, and then Friday 2.0.15. However, 2.0.15 took over 2.5 hours to load and then the displays did not show everything that the update was suppose to include and my NAV was completly gone. Caled Customer Service and they pushed 2.0.18 to me and it took just under an hour to load. When I got in the car after the load, the display was all garbled and the lower display was blank. I did a reset and the displays came back to nornal. However, 2.0.18 did not correct any of the previous issues.

Has anyone who has loaded 2.018 tired to activate Highway Assist. Lucid says "Before you can begin usilng Highway Assist, you will need to allow time for your vehicle's sensors to calibrate. To Calibrate the sensors, activate Adaptive Cruise Control and drive for at least 30 minutes on a straight highway." I hope doesn't mean that you have to drive uninterreupted on a straight highways as there is no such highway in the Seattle Area. I am guessing the straint line time is cumulative.

I have just under 6000 mile on my Lucid and have very few problems with the physical car. Most of the problems are me adjusting to the Lucid.

It has been a busy week. I am losing track of what OTA update does what and what it really did. Somewhere around OTA 1.2.18 I lost my NAV function. Since none of the later OTA updates have fixed it, Lucid Service Center coming next week to get my car and leave me a loaner. This a good time for me to put togeter a list of minor issures that I have, but were too nit picky to bother with until now.

Loaded 2.0.13 on Tuesday, 2.0.14 on Wednesday, and then Friday 2.0.15. However, 2.0.15 took over 2.5 hours to load and then the displays did not show everything that the update was suppose to include and my NAV was completly gone. Caled Customer Service and they pushed 2.0.18 to me and it took just under an hour to load. When I got in the car after the load, the display was all garbled and the lower display was blank. I did a reset and the displays came back to nornal. However, 2.0.18 did not correct any of the previous issues.

Has anyone who has loaded 2.018 tired to activate Highway Assist. Lucid says "Before you can begin usilng Highway Assist, you will need to allow time for your vehicle's sensors to calibrate. To Calibrate the sensors, activate Adaptive Cruise Control and drive for at least 30 minutes on a straight highway." I hope doesn't mean that you have to drive uninterreupted on a straight highways as there is no such highway in the Seattle Area. I am guessing the straint line time is cumulative.

I have just under 6000 mile on my Lucid and have very few problems with the physical car. Most of the problems are me adjusting to the Lucid.
Yea it varies, I started on a highway and less than 5 miles later I was able tonuse highway assist. Other people have had to drive further, so take her out for a spin, just know that you need to activate ACC to get it going.

Yea it varies, I started on a highway and less than 5 miles later I was able tonuse highway assist. Other people have had to drive further, so take her out for a spin, just know that you need to activate ACC to get it going.
Feels like a totally new car on 2.0.15 and finally has the software to match the drive. I’m sure the decision to completely re-write the software was an impossible one but was clearly needed and has paid off tremendously.

Oh and one other thing… is the new software faster at switching profiles?
It’s definitely at least 2x faster but it’s not nearly fast enough still if you’re frequently needing to switch.

For me this remains one of the last big polish touches the car needs. It almost always selects the wrong profile when my wife and I approach the car. It guesses the wrong person each time irrespective of who’s next to the driver seat.

We just removed the fobs from our profiles and readded them. Profiles have worked correctly since then(only drove 2 times since).

I hope doesn't mean that you have to drive uninterreupted on a straight highways as there is no such highway in the Seattle Area.
I played with HA this morning. It took exactly 3 minutes of calibration before HA became available. In my short time playing with it, it is much better than our Volvo XC90 and Tesla M3. Very nice that it auto engages after a lane change. Haven’t yet tried it in winding stretches.

I played with HA this morning. It took exactly 3 minutes of calibration before HA became available. In my short time playing with it, it is much better than our Volvo XC90 and Tesla M3. Very nice that it auto engages after a lane change. Haven’t yet tried it in winding stretches.
I have heard so much on how HA engages back after lane change. I am failing to understand what’s the difference this and my 2016 Acura MDX. As soon as you turn the blinker on, it allows you to change lane and then continues. The same on 2020
Honda Pilot. I’m sure I’m missing something here.

I have heard so much on how HA engages back after lane change. I am failing to understand what’s the difference this and my 2016 Acura MDX. As soon as you turn the blinker on, it allows you to change lane and then continues. The same on 2020
Honda Pilot. I’m sure I’m missing something here.
Other systems force you to manually turn it back on after a lane change; HA automatically turns back on. Sounds like the Acura/Honda might too, but many don’t.

Tried out HA this morning. Seems to work as described. Will have to get used to it turning off and back on bc of road marking conditions.

One thing I noticed after these updates is a mild fluctuation on ACC. It’s like a gentle toggle on/off the accelerator, not enough to change the speed, but enough that I can feel it. Almost a rocking sensation forward and back. This did not happen on V1.0… with over 5,000 highway miles on ACC. Anyone else experienced this?

Back