19" v 21" 0-60 Times

I have very steep driveway as well and clearance is reported as 11.5 degrees with GT with 19 inch tires. My driveway is 11 degree and I occasionally scrape front end when going down . I put Sliplo guards on the underside of the front part of car to protect it.
Where do you get Sliplo?

I know there is some discussion previously about using launch control with 19" wheels. But what about using Sprint without Launch; do folks with 19" tires have problems using Sprint mode if not doing launch control? The owner manual states WARNING: It is recommended that this [Sprint] mode is used only by advanced and skilled drivers, in suitable environments, and with Lucid specification summer tires installed.

One important difference: don't launch on the 19s. They will skid, the car stays stable, but it isn't good for the tires and it will scare the living bejeezus out of you and everyone around you, with it's loud unhappy screech.

The 21s? Launch all you want. Roll like butter.

I've launched on the 19s and didn't get a screech. But seeing as I want to keep the tires, it's not something I'd want to do too often.

I know there is some discussion previously about using launch control with 19" wheels. But what about using Sprint without Launch; do folks with 19" tires have problems using Sprint mode if not doing launch control? The owner manual states WARNING: It is recommended that this [Sprint] mode is used only by advanced and skilled drivers, in suitable environments, and with Lucid specification summer tires installed.

I've driven in sprint on 19"s on rollers in Vermont, and there's no issue. However, I haven't tried twisty roads with them, as I don't trust the lateral grip of the 19s enough to subject them to sprint mode. I usually do twisties in swift mode and just suffer the indignities of only have 600 HP to play with. Sigh. The hardships I have to put up with.

Asking this as I'm debating between 19" and 20" wheels for the Touring, but since no 20" wheels are out and they're staggered like the 21"'s I'll view them the same for comparison reasons.

Do any DE or GT owners know of the grip difference between the 19" 245s and the staggered 21"s? The 21"s would be definitely gripper (at the cost of range) since more rear wheel width but in extreme examples like a 0-60, how much different is it? I can't seem to find any official numbers on 19" 0-60 times for either GT or DE but I think any would be due to 21" being summer performance tiers versus 19" all-seasons.

Thinking of leaning towards 19" since ride noise would be lower with higher range and ride quality, but want to see how much grip and fun factor I'd be losing stat wise.
From your comments above I think you will be perfectly happy with the 19s. There is traction difference more due to tire compound than tire size. The 19s will be more comfortable if you are happy with the appearance. If acceleration is your concern you’re talking a couple tenths to 0-60. Car will still be stupid fast.

Yeah sprint mode for spirited driving on back roads is fine. I’ve not met a situation yet in which the car lost grip on the 19s and I’ve gone over double the speed limit on back roads without trouble in Sprint. The thing is you’re not applying much HP into a corner anyway, so regen+ braking will have you covered unless you’re being really reckless, and what you’re applying out of the corner is not going to be enough to make the car lose grip. The feedback/feel from the car is good enough where you’re not going to be looking at your speedometer much and should be able to anticipate how far you can push without pushing too far. When you do look at the speedometer in sprint you’re going to be surprised, it’s always faster than it feels.

I know it has been posted here before, but I must say that I really like this video to talk about the differences between the modes. I have literally changed which mode I use under varying circumstances as a result of watching this video. Enjoy!

Great video. Thanks for sharing

I know it has been posted here before, but I must say that I really like this video to talk about the differences between the modes. I have literally changed which mode I use under varying circumstances as a result of watching this video. Enjoy!
What's the TL;DW summary?

I've launched my car hard several times in Sprint mode by planting the brake and accelerator and then just lifting on the brake pedal; the tires chirp up a little but quite frankly it's damn near a dead hook coming off the line.
Next spring on a good warm night with good air I want to bring the 800 HP Lucid AGT and my F Type SVR to the drag strip, seat of pants tells the Lucid will have the night. On a road course my seat of pants tells me the Jag will dominate easily.

I've launched my car hard several times in Sprint mode by planting the brake and accelerator and then just lifting on the brake pedal; the tires chirp up a little but quite frankly it's damn near a dead hook coming off the line.
Next spring on a good warm night with good air I want to bring the 800 HP Lucid AGT and my F Type SVR to the drag strip, seat of pants tells the Lucid will have the night. On a road course my seat of pants tells me the Jag will dominate easily.
The 19s are perfectly fine, just not as sticky as the 21s. Canyoning, I would pick the 21s every time. For road trips? There's no difference and the 19s may even be a little better in terms of comfort.

So - directing this question to no one in particular but happy to hear correct answers, is there a LAUNCH sub-mode within SPRINT mode in an Air GT? And if so, how do I get to it?

I met @hydbob at the Lucid-Beverly Hills Christmas Party the other night, and he’d mentioned something about LAUNCH mode. That may be feature only available in the Dream Edition.

Someone please enlighten me.

So - directing this question to no one in particular but happy to hear correct answers, is there a LAUNCH sub-mode within SPRINT mode in an Air GT? And if so, how do I get to it?

I met @hydbob at the Lucid-Beverly Hills Christmas Party the other night, and he’d mentioned something about LAUNCH mode. That may be feature only available in the Dream Edition.

Someone please enlighten me.
Sprint mode.

Hold the brake hard. Then push accelerator hard. Blue bear lights up on the left driver panel. Release brake. Release bowels.

Only DE, or for others?
Would make sense for this to be common among all trims, but can't say with 100% about Touring or Pure.

Back