• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
  • ⚠ MARKETPLACE RULES ⚠

1. Photos Required. Post your own taken photo(s) of the item you are selling. No generic/stock photo(s) allowed.
    2. Be detailed. Please be detailed with your listing including pricing, location, specifications, and reason for selling (optional).
    3. No promotion or spam. Self-promotion, promotion of your business, or posting spam isn't allowed.
    4. No sabotaging listings. If you don't agree on an asking price for a vehicle or item, scroll by. The marketplace is not a place for negative discussions or criticisms.
    5. Lucid related items only. This marketplace is for Lucid vehicles or related items only.
    6. Listing Status. To keep things organized, please update your listing if the item is sold or no longer available.
    7. Transactions are between the parties involved. You are dealing with an online stranger. Please use the same common sense as you would when doing an online payment. We strongly recommend doing all proper due diligence with anyone here on the forums to avoid being scammed or losing any money!

Accepted Defeat 19 inch wheels freshly powder coated

I will sell but the price needs to be right
Sir, with all due respect 4700 is NOT the right price. It is closer to 2500, or 2700 perhaps.

If you just tell people to make a offer(as you previously did), nobody will think that you are serious. For example, look at the numerous threads that show "make an offer," but they have 0 replies. Nobody wants to go through the hassle of that, they want a baseline price which you can negotiate from. This is simple psychology. To the contrary, all threads with a reasonable price usually sell within a month. Therefore, you should set a reasonable baseline price. I think that a new thread is a good idea, so that you can advertise to others while still hiding the sheer ridiculousness of this 2 month thread.

Make a choice: Have a 1% chance of selling at 4700(its already been 2 months..)? Or a 95% chance of selling at 2700? I'd say that selling it sooner(if at all) is much more important than dragging this on even longer.

Last edited:
I asked chat GPT how much to sell the wheels at, it did not provide a price :( I guess AI is not
There yet …

The price you can sell your set of four 19-inch freshly powder-coated wheels for will depend on several factors, including the brand of the wheels, the demand for that specific style, the quality of the powder coating job, and the condition of the wheels themselves. Here are some steps to help you determine a fair asking price:

1. **Research Comparable Listings:** Look for similar sets of wheels (same brand, size, style) that are currently listed for sale online or in local classifieds. This will give you an idea of the market value.

2. **Consider the Powder Coating:** The fact that your wheels have been freshly powder coated can add value, as it enhances their appearance and durability. If the powder coating job is of high quality, you can ask for a higher price.

3. **Assess Wheel Condition:** Ensure that the wheels are in excellent condition, free from dents, cracks, or significant curb rash. Well-maintained wheels will command a higher price.

4. **Factor in Brand and Rarity:** If your wheels are from a well-known brand or are considered rare or desirable among car enthusiasts, you may be able to ask for a premium.

5. **Calculate a Competitive Price:** Based on your research and considering the above factors, set a competitive but fair price for your wheels. Keep in mind that buyers often expect some room for negotiation, so don't overprice them.

6. **Include High-Quality Photos:** When creating your listing, take clear and high-quality photos of the wheels from different angles. Good visuals can attract potential buyers and justify your asking price.

7. **Provide Detailed Information:** In your listing, be transparent about the brand, size, style, and any additional features or accessories that come with the wheels.

8. **Be Open to Offers:** While you may have a specific price in mind, be prepared to negotiate with potential buyers to reach a mutually agreeable deal.

9. **Local or Online Market:** Consider whether you'll sell the wheels locally or online. Online platforms often have a broader reach but may involve shipping costs.

10. **Timing:** Be patient if necessary. The time of year and current market trends can affect the speed at which your wheels sell.

Ultimately, the final selling price will depend on the demand and supply in your specific market. It's a good idea to start with a competitive price and be willing to adjust it based on feedback and interest from potential buyers.

#1 is the most important point which you are refusing to acknowledge

Ultimately, the final selling price will depend on the demand and supply in your specific market. It's a good idea to start with a competitive price and be willing to adjust it based on feedback and interest from potential buyers.

I think this last line pretty much sums it up. I'm going to have to lower the price on my non freshly powder coated 21s because there appears to be low demand.

#2 has a counterpoint - the powdercoating is not to everyone's taste, so it also reduces the pool of buyers.

But well done for keeping your thread alive. The ChatGPT experiment is interesting.

I’m just hoping one day you’ll get to $500 obo so we can see the bidding war happen.

I brought 1/4 of the freshly powder coated wheels just to show how much frunk space is in the Lucid very cool idea 💡!! Might do it again
IMG_1211.jpeg

Back