12 volt battery charger fault detected

BJR

Cars
Air GT, Audi RS4
Got into my car in a parking lot, fob in my pocket, and the above warning light came on. I could not get the car into gear. After a minute or two, it shut down the car with me in it. I hit a few buttons, like the park, nothing happened. I dug the fob out of my pocket, double clicked and it woke up and appeared to do a reset. Then it was fine.

No. How should I contact them?
email customer service to get the fault into your record. [email protected] since it's not faulting consistently, they will either 1) send out a mobile service to pull the data 2) pull it OTA

Please update us with anything you hear. I don’t think I’ve encountered this one on the forum yet!
Jack, from customer care got right back to me and offered to send a mobile visit. Since the car seemed to have shaken it off, I declined unless it happens again. I asked if there was something I could have done to set it off and he said only possibly if it was charging-since it was parked in a non charging parking lot the answer was no.

When software bugs had occurred with my car, the service technicians always advised me to exit the vehicle, use the Lucid Card to close the car, wait 30 secs and use the card again to re-enter it. Apparently, this does reset the vehicle's software.

When software bugs had occurred with my car, the service technicians always advised me to exit the vehicle, use the Lucid Card to close the car, wait 30 secs and use the card again to re-enter it. Apparently, this does reset the vehicle's software.
Isn't that what a valet would be doing? Seems odd they would be resetting the car-- when they are hustling to retrieve cars, I can't believe they will know to sit there and wait for everything to (re)boot up. I may just not be understanding how the whole valet card thing works.

I don't want to carry the valet card around.

Yes, Just like a spare tire….
You would have to assume that I know how to replace a tire-just joking, but it's becoming very common. I am almost the only one I know who has done it. Most of my friends don't even know how to use a jack.

Those same friends will assume the dipstick is in the frunk! 😊

Reactions: BJR
My car has 700 miles on it and just died. It showed a 12 V fault and I called Lucid service who tried to reset it but it's dead. The bad part is that they told me to wait with the car. It's 94 degrees here with a two hour wait for towing (which got shortened when I asked) and then they told me that it was up to me to find a rental car. 5 PM here and I have appointments starting at 6:30 tomorrow AM. No cars available tonight in my area. I still love the car but called my sales rep and manager and said the following:

1. The attitude of the guy on the service line was inappropriate at this price point.
2. I want an absolutely clear and transparent answer as to what happened or I want a new car. None of this, "we're not sure"

Not feeling great about the Lucid service today but we'll see what happens. I know what won't happen.... none of my colleagues/friends who are considering reserving one will do so until they see the resolution to this.

I honestly expected better tonight.

My car has 700 miles on it and just died. It showed a 12 V fault and I called Lucid service who tried to reset it but it's dead. The bad part is that they told me to wait with the car. It's 94 degrees here with a two hour wait for towing (which got shortened when I asked) and then they told me that it was up to me to find a rental car. 5 PM here and I have appointments starting at 6:30 tomorrow AM. No cars available tonight in my area. I still love the car but called my sales rep and manager and said the following:

1. The attitude of the guy on the service line was inappropriate at this price point.
2. I want an absolutely clear and transparent answer as to what happened or I want a new car. None of this, "we're not sure"

Not feeling great about the Lucid service today but we'll see what happens. I know what won't happen.... none of my colleagues/friends who are considering reserving one will do so until they see the resolution to this.

Ugh- sorry. I hope they get on top of this for you very quickly (and get you a loaner ASAP)!

Yikes what a nightmare situation! Sorry to hear. Agreed you need a crystal clear answer to this.

Michael,
So sorry you are having this experience. I'm very surprised by the "attitude" you received from the Service person. The service team here at the Millbrae Center are outstanding and very responsive. Unfortunately, when you need a flatbed with any manufacturer it does take a while to get one to you. I've been with AAA for over 40 years and when I called them for my wife's car (not the Lucid) a month ago for a simple jump (battery wouldn't start the car) they also told me 2 hours plus. Fortunately someone else had cables and gave me a jump start. But I do hear you about the "attitude" and I'm confident they will figure out what caused your 12V battery problem. This is the first instance I've heard of anyone having this problem with a Lucid.

Nooooo they gotta find you a rental. They were so on top of that with my car that Hertz called me to arrange a pick up time before Lucid even told me they were getting me the rental. Sorry man, somebody screwed up there because this is the first I’ve heard of “you’re on your own” with no transportation. They should be getting you Uber or Lyft if they can’t get you a rental!

Back