12 Months In, and I'm Out.

thervckus

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
2023 Air Touring
I am coming up on 12 Months with my car. Almost 10K miles in the Philly area. 2023 AT.

Looking back, this has been THE worst purchase of my life. I was holding out hope after my terrible sales experience that things would get better. But the truth is there hasn't been one month, or even two weeks, where the car worked as advertised or expected.

First with the ordering and delivery experience: terrible communication about dropping off my car at my house vs me driving hours to NY to pick up. They changed delivery dates and times with no warning. And reaching out to them was incredibly difficult. The car was eventually delivered hours after the expected time in a cold and dark parking lot where I could not properly inspect the vehicle. But whatever. I was excited to finally have this car.

Ever since then, there has been an issue every single month.

In the first month, the suspension has a bolt that wasn't tightened to spec, causing a rattling noise whenever it went over the slightest bump. That was eventually fixed.

There was also a rattling sound in the back seat with every bump. Multiple service appts later I was told they didn't hear anything or they replaced something that didnt fix the issue. Now, 11 months later, it is being serviced with a bad parcel shelf and an issue with the rear shade apparatus. The foam suggestion never worked for me.

Then one of the car door handles wouldn't release with the remote, and there is another service appointment.

Then there was the flat tire (not Lucids fault, just bad luck).

Then, my key fob stopped working after a month. I wonder to myself...it CAN'T be the battery...it's a brand new car.

As we all know, it is the battery. I now have more button batteries than I ever cared to own in my life, stashed in my garage,y glove box, my kitchen, and my work locker. And now I need to have a Faraday box or pouch for the remote to my 100K car not to die every 2 weeks.

Scheduled charging NEVER worked consistently. Bob and others have explicit instructions on how to remedy it but it STILL won't charge reliably.

About twice a week I have open and close the driver door multiple times to get the soft close to work and register as the door being closed.

My Lucid Home Charger, professionally installed through QMerit, never worked through my Internet connection and can't reliably get to interface, despite me buying a new mesh point specifically for my charger.

The app is terrible, And only slightly improved in terms of connectivity with the recent update.

Loaner #1 during service had non-functional cameras for parking or reversing. The drunk hydraulics wouldn't open so that became manual.

Loaner #2, just dropped off yesterday, had parking system and rear brake faults on my first drive to work. The pilot panel was stuck in the recessed position and resetting the car did nothing. The screen ended up resetting itself during my ride to work and I thought I was clear. Then after work the pilot panel and the screen above it were completely black and non responsive despite car resets. And then on the ride home, the car reset the screen itself, and then slowly dimmed to black and unresponsive again. It did that THREE times on its own during a 20 minute commute. Now it won't turn on at all and I can't open the glove box that has important documents and emergency cash in it.

These are all mostly minor things, but this is death by 1000 papercuts.

When the car works, it is fantastic. It is pretty. It is smooth. It is fast and responsive. It is fun to drive.

But my car never works.

And now I have to wait 6-8 weeks for a mobile appointment or service center appointment.

I am truly, truly envious and jealous of those who have working vehicles and haven't had to experience this nightmare.

After this last experience with this loaner, I am out.

I already paid down half of the car and will pay off the rest in the next 6 months and dump it in favor of some other EV. I own thousands of stock that I will also partly dump, as I am almost positive that Gravity, while pretty and exciting, will have its own host of problems. That 6-8 week service time will undoubtedly double when it is eventually released. I'll hold on to some stock in the rare chance Lucid turns this around.

I was so excited about this car, and I am incredibly disappointed.

I'm done.

I am coming up on 12 Months with my car. Almost 10K miles in the Philly area. 2023 AT.

Looking back, this has been THE worst purchase of my life. I was holding out hope after my terrible sales experience that things would get better. But the truth is there hasn't been one month, or even two weeks, where the car worked as advertised or expected.

First with the ordering and delivery experience: terrible communication about dropping off my car at my house vs me driving hours to NY to pick up. They changed delivery dates and times with no warning. And reaching out to them was incredibly difficult. The car was eventually delivered hours after the expected time in a cold and dark parking lot where I could not properly inspect the vehicle. But whatever. I was excited to finally have this car.

Ever since then, there has been an issue every single month.

In the first month, the suspension has a bolt that wasn't tightened to spec, causing a rattling noise whenever it went over the slightest bump. That was eventually fixed.

There was also a rattling sound in the back seat with every bump. Multiple service appts later I was told they didn't hear anything or they replaced something that didnt fix the issue. Now, 11 months later, it is being serviced with a bad parcel shelf and an issue with the rear shade apparatus. The foam suggestion never worked for me.

Then one of the car door handles wouldn't release with the remote, and there is another service appointment.

Then there was the flat tire (not Lucids fault, just bad luck).

Then, my key fob stopped working after a month. I wonder to myself...it CAN'T be the battery...it's a brand new car.

As we all know, it is the battery. I now have more button batteries than I ever cared to own in my life, stashed in my garage,y glove box, my kitchen, and my work locker. And now I need to have a Faraday box or pouch for the remote to my 100K car not to die every 2 weeks.

Scheduled charging NEVER worked consistently. Bob and others have explicit instructions on how to remedy it but it STILL won't charge reliably.

About twice a week I have open and close the driver door multiple times to get the soft close to work and register as the door being closed.

My Lucid Home Charger, professionally installed through QMerit, never worked through my Internet connection and can't reliably get to interface, despite me buying a new mesh point specifically for my charger.

The app is terrible, And only slightly improved in terms of connectivity with the recent update.

Loaner #1 during service had non-functional cameras for parking or reversing. The drunk hydraulics wouldn't open so that became manual.

Loaner #2, just dropped off yesterday, had parking system and rear brake faults on my first drive to work. The pilot panel was stuck in the recessed position and resetting the car did nothing. The screen ended up resetting itself during my ride to work and I thought I was clear. Then after work the pilot panel and the screen above it were completely black and non responsive despite car resets. And then on the ride home, the car reset the screen itself, and then slowly dimmed to black and unresponsive again. It did that THREE times on its own during a 20 minute commute. Now it won't turn on at all and I can't open the glove box that has important documents and emergency cash in it.

These are all mostly minor things, but this is death by 1000 papercuts.

When the car works, it is fantastic. It is pretty. It is smooth. It is fast and responsive. It is fun to drive.

But my car never works.

And now I have to wait 6-8 weeks for a mobile appointment or service center appointment.

I am truly, truly envious and jealous of those who have working vehicles and haven't had to experience this nightmare.

After this last experience with this loaner, I am out.

I already paid down half of the car and will pay off the rest in the next 6 months and dump it in favor of some other EV. I own thousands of stock that I will also partly dump, as I am almost positive that Gravity, while pretty and exciting, will have its own host of problems. That 6-8 week service time will undoubtedly double when it is eventually released. I'll hold on to some stock in the rare chance Lucid turns this around.

I was so excited about this car, and I am incredibly disappointed.

I'm done.

I am so sorry that you had such bad luck with Lucid. I hope Lucid will fix your car correctly and improve the service time before many more cars are on the road. In my 3 months of ownership, I had a few minor issues but amazing mobile tech Chris in the DFW area has taken care of it very well.

Have you tried speaking to Lucid corporate or Lucid folks here? It might be worth a shot. Hope it gets better for whatever time is left in your Lucid ownership and hope you get to enjoy the car without disruption.

Back