11 Lucid Airs for sale on EBay motors

I’m trying to find the rationale to this many brand new cars for sale and it seems to fall into two categories. Since there are two cars priced under retail and a few priced at or slightly above I would guess these are cars from people who have had a different expectation of EVs or felt the software or other incomplete systems too much trouble to be a beta tester for Lucid. The other 6 or so were individuals who hoped to make a profit on flipping the next big thing. I have a dealer friend who just took delivery of a Rivian to flip but is considering canceling his Lucid order as the profit incentive is just not enough to bother with. This is a little worrisome as Lucid keeps getting great reviews and write ups but the management/ delivery/ reliability/ incomplete software aspects of the car are depressing it’s real world desirability. You only get to make a first impression once so Lucid really need to get its act together.
I filtered for cars over $100k and of those, only one had over 1000 miles (1500ish) and most of the rest had below 500, several under 150. These were bought to flip, not drive. Most also seem to be at dealerships, so that potentially reinforces the point.

he mentioned florida, isnt jon in LA?

can't tell if that part is troll or not. theyre really reaching and scratching the bottom of the complaint barrel if they believe that they should get a meeting with the CEO.

but his other complaints are valid. kinda crazy that it's taking so long to transfer everything over and to get things running.
I’m sure there is more to this story. No previous posts, so no context.

There is a concept in contract law called "privity". That essentially means that two parties have agreed to certain terms. As a buyer of a used car, you have no privity of contract with Lucid. Yes...you have a warranty but that is it.

Lucid will likely prioritize its efforts to its customers. You are a customer of the original buyer.

I believe your expectations are unreasonable. You should sell the car and try another brand.
The privity of contract argument might be legally correct ("might") but it's practical nonsense. The car doesn't function properly without Lucid's uninterrupted support. If Lucid doesn't support cars sold in the secondary market, it has no future.

The privity of contract argument might be legally correct ("might") but it's practical nonsense. The car doesn't function properly without Lucid's uninterrupted support. If Lucid doesn't support cars sold in the secondary market, it has no future.
Lucid will support secondhand vehicles, to suggest otherwise is nonsense. This situation seems very unique and all the expectation has been put on Lucid to figure out how to fix it with what seems like little effort \ research from the new owner. As in any situation, if you're not getting a timely response \ resolution over the phone then ask to be handed off to a supervisor (not Rawlinson who would have no idea how to resolve) or take the car to the Service Center and talk to someone in person.

"what service center" and "i haven't been assigned a service advisor"

A) how do they not know about service centers? every car company has them and can easily be found on the companies website but because he/she couldn't be bothered to do a basic internet search, here is the link. https://www.lucidmotors.com/locations

B) You don't get assigned a service advisor until you're booked into said service center

I've been screwed over by dealers before and have had no issues showing up to the dealership, creating a scene and telling all people in the showroom to not buy cars from this company because the after sales support is non-existent. It's amazing how quickly a manager will come and usher you off the floor and get the issue resolved.

A quick Google search shows he's in Chicago, so there are certainly options for on-site help. Bring the proper paperwork and they'll likely be able to fix the problem quickly.

Good idea. I didn’t realize that Lucid had opened at Goose Island. I’ve been to the Studio in Oakbrook but they are not doing any service there. I wish I knew what the “proper paperwork” is. I’ve given them everything that they asked for. They have acknowledged that the car is not stolen and that I am the legitimate owner. They spoke with the original owner and verified that He sold the car to me. It looks like you own a Lucid. Would you be willing to contact your service advisor and ask if they could give me a call? Or perhaps give me their contact information? That would be really helpful, I think.
Ethan

Lucid will support secondhand vehicles, to suggest otherwise is nonsense. This situation seems very unique and all the expectation has been put on Lucid to figure out how to fix it with what seems like little effort \ research from the new owner. As in any situation, if you're not getting a timely response \ resolution over the phone then ask to be handed off to a supervisor (not Rawlinson who would have no idea how to resolve) or take the car to the Service Center and talk to someone in person.

A) how do they not know about service centers? every car company has them and can easily be found on the companies website but because he/she couldn't be bothered to do a basic internet search, here is the link. https://www.lucidmotors.com/locations

B) You don't get assigned a service advisor until you're booked into said service center

I've been screwed over by dealers before and have had no issues showing up to the dealership, creating a scene and telling all people in the showroom to not buy cars from this company because the after sales support is non-existent. It's amazing how quickly a manager will come and usher you off the floor and get the issue resolved.
The Lucid is a high-tech/high-complexity product that requires an hours-long delivery orientation with a company expert. That process doesn't exist in the secondary-market scenario, which looks like a big part of the problem in this case. The number of resales to date is probably tiny, but Tesla must be confronting this issue regularly

Well, that certainly seems to be Lucid's view too. Thanks for the definition of "privity," by the way. I have been practicing law for more than thirty years. Of course, my dissatisfaction with Lucid and my observations have nothing whatsoever to do with contractual privity. When did I say anything about Lucid breaching a contract?

Which model did you buy? Are you an original owner? Have you had a different experience? If anyone has a service advisor that has been helpful and is willing to share that person's contact information, I would appreciate the help.
My friend, despite the difficulty you've experienced, I suggest you contact your local service center and start over with a smile on your face and joy in your heart. Remember how fortunate you are to be in the tiny fraction of the population that will ever be able to own a vehicle of this caliber. Certainly you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

After reading a few of your posts, I believe you on this point!

Tell me what to research and I certainly will! I’m not intentionally putting anything on Lucid to figure out. Lucid and I agree that the problem is that Lucid has not updated its database to reflect that I own the car. No one can tell me why that has not been done or why it cannot be accomplished in five days. This actually impacts the functionality of the car. I still would not be upset except that the attitude that I’ve gotten from Lucid has been remarkably cavalier.

The prior owner told me that he was assigned a service advisor that he could call whenever he had problems. Is that not true? If your experience has been different, I happy to learn how it has worked for you. Maybe I’m going about this the wrong way.

By the way, in case it was not clear, I called the number at Lucid that the car told me to call. At that time I was 900 miles away from home in a car that would not operate because it was stuck in its registration menu. After my first call went poorly, of course I asked to speak with a supervisor but that request was ignored. I never demanded to be connected with Mr. Rawlinson. I said that I would like request an appointment to see him. I offered to come to his office in Arizona in exchange for 15 minutes of his time. Didn’t seem too unreasonable to me. Maybe someone on his staff monitors this forum and will respond.

No customer service representative ever suggested that I visit a service center or that there may be something wrong with the car itself. But if that will solve this problem, I will drive over there this afternoon.

Thanks for the suggestion.

The prior owner told me that he was assigned a service advisor that he could call whenever he had problems. Is that not true? If your experience has been different, I happy to learn how it has worked for you. Maybe I’m going about this the wrong way.

At that time I was 900 miles away from home in a car that would not operate because it was stuck in its registration menu.
Indeed I have a service advisor who gave me his cell & email and asked me how I would prefer to communicate (I'm an old school emailer - hate texting). Hope you get that!

Also, known issue that if you start a registration process but abandon it, there are bugs and you can't delete a profile until you complete all 5 menu (I think that's how many) items; had that problem in the past. Also told Lucid about it and hope it will be fixed in future updates.

The exact message that I get when I try to use the app is that my account “is not linked to a vehicle.” It goes on to say that it will be linked upon delivery. The car won’t proceed with registration unless I am actively using the app. If I could get Lucid to link my car to my account, I suspect that 99% of my gripes would go away. Unfortunately I thought that process would be easy and quick. The car still pesters me to register (and set up Alexa, etc), but I’ve gotten good at tapping the “later” button!

I can live with bing a software beta tester. I expected that. And I would not be upset if the car needed a mechanical repair.

Just to be clear, if anyone at Lucid had said anything along the lines of “let me see what I can do to resolve this problem,” I would not be frustrated. I was excited to buy the car and I still view it as a superior product. But my experience with the bureaucrats has (obviously) been disappointing.

Thanks for responding.

paging @Firstto520

I highly recommend visiting a service center and asking them for help. They’re extremely nice and helpful.

But when you do, please take a few breaths and take off the entitled hat; you own a Dream, so do I. I’d love to grab coffee with Peter, and maybe one day I will; but I certainly do not *expect* to. Asking is fine; expecting it is a whole other thing.

I agree that your experience should be better, and that the transfer of ownership should be simpler.

The exact message that I get when I try to use the app is that my account “is not linked to a vehicle.” It goes on to say that it will be linked upon delivery. The car won’t proceed with registration unless I am actively using the app. If I could get Lucid to link my car to my account, I suspect that 99% of my gripes would go away. Unfortunately I thought that process would be easy and quick. The car still pesters me to register (and set up Alexa, etc), but I’ve gotten good at tapping the “later” button!

I can live with bing a software beta tester. I expected that. And I would not be upset if the car needed a mechanical repair.

Just to be clear, if anyone at Lucid had said anything along the lines of “let me see what I can do to resolve this problem,” I would not be frustrated. I was excited to buy the car and I still view it as a superior product. But my experience with the bureaucrats has (obviously) been disappointing.

Thanks for responding.
The app says that, what shows on thr pilot panel? Were you able to login to your Lucid account via the pilot panel at all?

I have told them several times that I want to meet with Mr. Rawlinson (I offered to go to Arizona to see him).
I would think someone asking to meet with the CEO would know enough about the company to know that the corporate headquaters are in CA and not AZ.

I think you guys are trolling @EthanTrull way too much about the CEO comment... focus on the other stuff if you want to help him fix things... focus on that if you want to flex your keyboard jockey muscles and spread your peacock feathers! :rolleyes:

Tell me what to research and I certainly will! I’m not intentionally putting anything on Lucid to figure out. Lucid and I agree that the problem is that Lucid has not updated its database to reflect that I own the car. No one can tell me why that has not been done or why it cannot be accomplished in five days. This actually impacts the functionality of the car. I still would not be upset except that the attitude that I’ve gotten from Lucid has been remarkably cavalier.

By the way, in case it was not clear, I called the number at Lucid that the car told me to call. At that time I was 900 miles away from home in a car that would not operate because it was stuck in its registration menu. After my first call went poorly, of course I asked to speak with a supervisor but that request was ignored. I never demanded to be connected with Mr. Rawlinson. I said that I would like request an appointment to see him. I offered to come to his office in Arizona in exchange for 15 minutes of his time. Didn’t seem too unreasonable to me. Maybe someone on his staff monitors this forum and will respond.

No customer service representative ever suggested that I visit a service center or that there may be something wrong with the car itself. But if that will solve this problem, I will drive over there this afternoon.

Thanks for the suggestion.
I was given a contact card from a service advisor at my local Service Center but I never call or text him. Past experience from other companies is they just palm you off to someone else to book things etc. and find its more just lip service to make you feel special. Every time I've needed to get the car looked at I just go through the Customer Care email address. They will either try and resolve my issue via email or calling but if the car needs to be looked at they forward the issue to the Service Center and I usually have a call within 24 hours.

@EthanTrull just sent you a PM with my service advisor email address. Tho I'm in LA, hope he can point you in the right direction

The app says that, what shows on thr pilot panel? Were you able to login to your Lucid account via the pilot panel at all?

It has been five days so I don’t know the exact words, but the car asks me to start the setup process. On the first or second step, the car asks me to open the app and do something. But when I open the app, it responds that I need to call customer service because my account is not linked to a car. The car displays a specific number that I should call. I tried both.

Initially, Lucid customer service said that they had to go through a process to confirm that I actually own the car. My seller was clear that he had already spoken with them, but OK. I sent the requested documents to Lucid (title and bill of sale). Since then, Lucid has confirmed that they verified my information. Still nothing.

Thanks for your response.

Back