11 Lucid Airs for sale on EBay motors

It has been five days so I don’t know the exact words, but the car asks me to start the setup process. On the first or second step, the car asks me to open the app and do something. But when I open the app, it responds that I need to call customer service because my account is not linked to a car. The car displays a specific number that I should call. I tried both.

Initially, Lucid customer service said that they had to go through a process to confirm that I actually own the car. My seller was clear that he had already spoken with them, but OK. I sent the requested documents to Lucid (title and bill of sale). Since then, Lucid has confirmed that they verified my information. Still nothing.

Thanks for your response.
Interesting. I don't recall needing the app for the initial setup process. I wonder if they changed it. Before it was just enter your Lucid account but you could also just bypass that to drive.

I’m doing the “bypass” thing now. I initially got myself in trouble because the car was unresponsive until I abandoned the setup effort and bypassed it. So my wife and I were stranded for a bit in a Home Depot parking lot sitting in a 100 degree car sweating and cursing talking to a customer service rep who had a baby and a dog competing for his attention. And as I mentioned, the prior owner specifically warned me that the car could not be reliably unlocked without the app And we were beginning a three day drive to get it home. Since then I figured out (I think) that one of the key fobs had a dead battery, and the car really did not like having two competing keys in it. I took the battery out of one of the fobs and then the other one worked.

I really do like the car. I wish that I could say nothing but nice things about my experience. Thanks for the response.

I’m doing the “bypass” thing now. I initially got myself in trouble because the car was unresponsive until I abandoned the setup effort and bypassed it. So my wife and I were stranded for a bit in a Home Depot parking lot sitting in a 100 degree car sweating and cursing talking to a customer service rep who had a baby and a dog competing for his attention. And as I mentioned, the prior owner specifically warned me that the car could not be reliably unlocked without the app And we were beginning a three day drive to get it home. Since then I figured out (I think) that one of the key fobs had a dead battery, and the car really did not like having two competing keys in it. I took the battery out of one of the fobs and then the other one worked.

I really do like the car. I wish that I could say nothing but nice things about my experience. Thanks for the response.
Until you can get your account sorted, I would exclusively use the fob even over the keycard. YMMV but I've had no issues with the fob or the keyboard. If you must use the keyboard, you can hold it to the top middle pillar in the car to activate the drive mode.

Until you can get your account sorted, I would exclusively use the fob even over the keycard. YMMV but I've had no issues with the fob or the keyboard. If you must use the keyboard, you can hold it to the top middle pillar in the car to activate the drive mode.
Thanks!

Credit where credit is due -- Taylor at customer service seems to have solved my problems and was very nice in the process. My car had not been updating and jumped forward several versions upon reactivation. That, and having the connected features activated, make big positive differences. The car itself seems relatively flawless.

Credit where credit is due -- Taylor at customer service seems to have solved my problems and was very nice in the process. My car had not been updating and jumped forward several versions upon reactivation. That, and having the connected features activated, make big positive differences. The car itself seems relatively flawless.
So you are now able to login and everything? That's great news, welcome to the club!

Well, that certainly seems to be Lucid's view too. Thanks for the definition of "privity," by the way. I have been practicing law for more than thirty years. Of course, my dissatisfaction with Lucid and my observations have nothing whatsoever to do with contractual privity. When did I say anything about Lucid breaching a contract?

Which model did you buy? Are you an original owner? Have you had a different experience? If anyone has a service advisor that has been helpful and is willing to share that person's contact information, I would appreciate the help.
Please don’t expect any sympathy here lol. Anyone who says even a little bit negative statement here gets attacked and ridiculed. I loved the fact that the other person did not inow you are an Attorney.
while maybe a bit too much for say an Apple, Lucid has only supplied about 2K cars and 520 DE’s and have made a huge deal, about that by not releasing a 1111 HP Car but came out with the 1050 GTP.

They have royally messed up the assembly of the Car. While the concept may have been great in theory to make a Sports Car inside the body of a Sedan with more space than a Model-S they cut many corners for those who were looking for BOTH, like ME.

There are enough posts with my complaints here and Lucid knows it. I may have gotten lucky and jury is still out it until I get my Car back that they have taken the Car to Houston now to address 10 items.

I think they were smug enough and thought there is no way everyone does not love the Car and would care to sell it so soon.

Another anecdote where they basically pushed me to the end of the expiration of my loan check and NOW it has to be reissued lol. I guess there is some truth to the fact that it is hard to find competent people.

My SA from Newark have been very responsive and even the Service people were responsive but ready to wash their hands off if they could citing specs or their instructions but have to say they have tried to do their best. In my case I feel they royally messed up the whole assembly and I got all the crappy parts on mine 😂.

I feel patience is the key when dealing with Lucid. They are still trying to get up to speed on things. I absolutely agree though that there is excuse to not have a smooth process such a Tesla for transfer of ownership. After all this is a direct to consumer Sales model SO to an Extent as the new owner of a Car under warranty you are still their Customer.

Congratulations and Good Luck. Hope the experience from herein out is fabulous. The Car does drive like a dream. I don’t believe ANYONE has that as a complaint.

Great! You've also paved the way for others buying 2nd hand and hopefully Lucid has documented a SOP for handling the transfer in a timely manner.

Unlike @Sam6062, your experience in getting feedback and responding to feedback (including a couple that might have been negative) is typical of what happens on this board. As long as you report something with details and respond to feedback/requests for more info, people want to help/support you. @Sam6062 fails on those points and he's been told that by several members. He doesn't want to change and that's his prerogative. But it also means that people aren't responding to him anymore because they know he won't provide any additional information. He's gotten backlash for reporting things like the backseat being cramped or the carpet being cheap and never providing details on what cramped or cheap means to him.

Of course, there are lots of problems where you might be the first to experience it and all any of us can do is ask that you keep us up-to-date and that Lucid resolves the issue quickly. If you have the time to peruse the postings, you'll see several cases of this. Hope everything goes smoothly for you now that Lucid recognizes you as the owner.

Great! You've also paved the way for others buying 2nd hand and hopefully Lucid has documented a SOP for handling the transfer in a timely manner.

Unlike @Sam6062, your experience in getting feedback and responding to feedback (including a couple that might have been negative) is typical of what happens on this board. As long as you report something with details and respond to feedback/requests for more info, people want to help/support you. @Sam6062 fails on those points and he's been told that by several members. He doesn't want to change and that's his prerogative. But it also means that people aren't responding to him anymore because they know he won't provide any additional information. He's gotten backlash for reporting things like the backseat being cramped or the carpet being cheap and never providing details on what cramped or cheap means to him.

Of course, there are lots of problems where you might be the first to experience it and all any of us can do is ask that you keep us up-to-date and that Lucid resolves the issue quickly. If you have the time to peruse the postings, you'll see several cases of this. Hope everything goes smoothly for you now that Lucid recognizes you as the owner.
Really not being able to spread one’s feet in a comfortable position means cramped and when one’s feet cramp from being in the car just after an hour means cramped.

If you are objective and have eyes compare the carpet in the Air to say a Lexus and you will know it is inferior.

The Company is paying g attention to my issues and has the car in for review.

I am simply providing food for thought for prospective buyers to check out before they dive in with both feet like I did.

I posted the 10 items that I have told the Company to check on my car.

I have generally stopped sharing anything about my car because I realized other than the Company no one else can fix them.

Glad to see you are helping this owner. I no longer need help or affirmation or anything else.

I am just a reader now.

I have no ax to grind. I own this car and I will not accept anything that does not appear to be quality. If you are good with your car as- is then more power to you. I don’t grudge you your car or deride you for accepting what I consider stuff that is not up to par in my car. ALL of them have been acknowledged by the company and THAT is what counts.

Really not being able to spread one’s feet in a comfortable position means cramped and when one’s feet cramp from being in the car just after an hour means cramped.

If you are objective and have eyes compare the carpet in the Air to say a Lexus and you will know it is inferior.

The Company is paying g attention to my issues and has the car in for review.

I am simply providing food for thought for prospective buyers to check out before they dive in with both feet like I did.

I posted the 10 items that I have told the Company to check on my car.

I have generally stopped sharing anything about my car because I realized other than the Company no one else can fix them.

Glad to see you are helping this owner. I no longer need help or affirmation or anything else.

I am just a reader now.

I have no ax to grind. I own this car and I will not accept anything that does not appear to be quality. If you are good with your car as- is then more power to you. I don’t grudge you your car or deride you for accepting what I consider stuff that is not up to par in my car. ALL of them have been acknowledged by the company and THAT is what counts.
Oh it’s my lack of eyes that’s the problem, my bad.

Can you post photos of your Lexus carpets against the Lucid carpets and objectively describe why the former is better than the latter?

I’m trying to find the rationale to this many brand new cars for sale and it seems to fall into two categories. Since there are two cars priced under retail and a few priced at or slightly above I would guess these are cars from people who have had a different expectation of EVs or felt the software or other incomplete systems too much trouble to be a beta tester for Lucid. The other 6 or so were individuals who hoped to make a profit on flipping the next big thing. I have a dealer friend who just took delivery of a Rivian to flip but is considering canceling his Lucid order as the profit incentive is just not enough to bother with. This is a little worrisome as Lucid keeps getting great reviews and write ups but the management/ delivery/ reliability/ incomplete software aspects of the car are depressing it’s real world desirability. You only get to make a first impression once so Lucid really need to get its act together.
The rationality is that some folks are trying make some money; for starters you have the tax credits, then look at what these people are asking for their Lucid's. I say shoot them some low ball numbers at least 30 points under MSRP and have some fun with it, and maybe get lucky.

Back