10K or more on your Lucid? Post your experience here...

I'm particularly annoyed about this right now. I got a letter saying my nearest Service Center was now prepared to begin the tow hook recall work and that I should call to arrange a pick up. I do so, and the car was picked up on November 29. Today is December 16, and the car is still there. As were are planning to leave on a road trip on December 19, I've been getting antsier by the day -- and every attempt to get a status report on the car becomes a full-day effort actually to get someone on the phone. I even had to contact Zak Edson, the VP of Sales & Service, to get a direct phone number for someone who could actually find out the status of the work.

So the tow hook issue can be a multi-week repair? That's not good. I got the recall notice as well.

So the tow hook issue can be a multi-week repair? That's not good. I got the recall notice as well.

The car also had a bit of minor chipping on the backlit Lucid logo at the front of the hood, as have some other Airs. I wasn't going to worry about it just yet, but since it required removal of the bumper and they also had to take the bumper off for the tow hook repair, I asked that Lucid also replace the logo now to avoid another removal later. It took them two weeks to get the part.

Interestingly I have a Dream Edition P as well and I have not received the Tow Hook Recall. I took my car up for a repair yesterday (soft close on driver's door not working) and I asked about the Tow Hook recall. I was told they would check but they believe my car was not subject to the recall. Apparently it involves tightening up the connection to the frame. So not all cars are subject to the recall.

The tow-hook repair on my car plus fixing the soft-close on the driver's door took one day here in Houston.

The tow-hook repair on my car plus fixing the soft-close on the driver's door took one day here in Houston.

Did they have to take your front bumper off?

When the front bumper comes off, the lidar has to be recalibrated when the bumper goes back on. Yesterday the Riviera Beach Service Center told me the car was put back together, but they had to "put the calibration machine together" before they could transport the car back to me.

It's now past noon on Friday, my car is still on the other side of the state, and I've heard no more about when it will go on a truck. My hopes of getting it back in time for our road trip are fast fading.

When the car failed the tow hook inspection and they told me the bumper would have to come off, I asked if I could refuse the recall work if I signed a liability release. Lucid said they could not release the car back to me without performing the work. (As I have a radar/laser detector system with an antenna and two sensors mounted in the front bumper, I did not want the bumper to come off.)

Interestingly I have a Dream Edition P as well and I have not received the Tow Hook Recall. I took my car up for a repair yesterday (soft close on driver's door not working) and I asked about the Tow Hook recall. I was told they would check but they believe my car was not subject to the recall. Apparently it involves tightening up the connection to the frame. So not all cars are subject to the recall.
Odd - I got the recall notice.

Did they have to take your front bumper off?

When the front bumper comes off, the lidar has to be recalibrated when the bumper goes back on. Yesterday the Riviera Beach Service Center told me the car was put back together, but they had to "put the calibration machine together" before they could transport the car back to me.

It's now past noon on Friday, my car is still on the other side of the state, and I've heard no more about when it will go on a truck. My hopes of getting it back in time for our road trip are fast fading.

When the car failed the tow hook inspection and they told me the bumper would have to come off, I asked if I could refuse the recall work if I signed a liability release. Lucid said they could not release the car back to me without performing the work. (As I have a radar/laser detector system with an antenna and two sensors mounted in the front bumper, I did not want the bumper to come off.)
Not sure.

@Dortreo excellent write up!

I am at 13,111 miles. I must say this is the best driving car I have ever owned. Also the most comfortable car. I have not had any hardware issues that could not be easily remedied with a Mobile Van visit! The same as others the software is a huge improvement from delivery in June, but I am looking forward to future improvements. Whichever third party company they use for the GPS data needs to verify some one-way streets. I was also sent 22 minutes out of the way to a destination. I fault the data and third party, not Lucid on this.

Its a driver's car, so please add:
  • USB wired connection, car has no satellite so I should be able to use my own hardwired music player.
  • A little softer center armrest
  • Ability to call someone who just texted you with one button after listening to it, if it does this please tell me how.
  • Display SoC in miles and percentage simultaneously.
  • Bring back display of mi/kwH
I agree with just about everything you said. Regarding hardwired music player, I got around that problem by just dusting off my old IPOD with 86G of music on it and connected it via Bluetooth. Each time I approach the car, my favorite music playlist fires up and puts a smile on my face. Maybe it not like Tidal in quality but it sure warms my heart!

Not sure.

I reached the Riviera Beach Service Center this afternoon. (They actually answered the phone without the call being diverted to California.) I was told they are having trouble with their lidar calibration equipment and have brought people in from elsewhere to try to resolve the problem. At this point they are still keeping our car.

They said they were going to work through the weekend and will still try to get the car back to ua for our Monday departure. If they can't resolve the problem by tomorrow, I'm going to see if they'll return the car with the lidar uncalibrated. If it only affects driving assistance features, we don't use those, anyway, in any of our cars, so I'd rather get the Lucid back for this trip and then take the car over to West Palm Beach later for the lidar recalibration.

If I had any idea this tow hook recall would turn into such an imbroglio, I would never have responded to the recall notice and just asked for a dolly tow if I ever needed one.

My GT was delivered at the beginning of July and just hit 8K. My experiences have been the same as the others. It’s a great car for trips! i really love it and one of my neighbors down the street now has a confirmed Pure that will be delivered in Q1. I am averaging just under 3.6 miles/kW with the EPA being 4.6 with the 19’s. On trips I get around 3.8-4.2. The short trips around town really cut into the efficiency (Probably from my acceleration at red lights). Software 2.0 was a great improvement, but I have lost the ability to charge at night on my ChargePoint Flex since then which has been an issue for me. Have ended up hitting the EA stations locally because of that. My wife is still a little freaked out when I use the ACC in traffic as the slowing by the car in traffic seems delayed and abrupt. I have had discussions with CC since the early days and they even recalibrated the sensors early on, but slowing the car in traffic still remains an issue.

Our only design deficiency in the Lucid is the lack of cup holders, their small size and the unfortunate location in front of the pilot screen. Perhaps having a 12v outlet in the front would be useful too. Was going to rotate the tires at 7500 miles, but all tires are wearing evenly. At the current wear, will probably get 20k on the OEM set which will be better than the Leaf (OEM tires got 14k. My replacements got 50k)

For mechanical issues:
  • The coolant hose broke loose, rubbed against the the axle creating a leak. Had to flatbed to Costa Mesa to fix it.
  • Kept getting a “brake light malfunction error” in which Frank had to replace a rear light piece.
  • Both passenger door handles stopped working and needed to be replaced.
My wish list:
  • Scheduled charging capabilities - please, please, please
  • Car Play so I can use a different navigation. Not impressed with the Lucid NAV except if I want to get directions to a charger.
  • software glitches fixed - key fob recognition stops during drives requiring me to enter a PIN, random Alexa dropouts, occasional glitches loading the cameras, etc.
  • the ability to add Homelink settings to other profiles rather than having to set them up every time For every profile.
  • wired phone connection instead of bluetooth for phone / usb so I can better play music from my library
  • More accurate miles remaining based on driving rather than EPA numbers
  • more customization with the software - e.g. reorder music buttons (I don’t use tidal or tune in radio so I would like them on the second page instead of iHeart radio being there), displaying both miles remains and percent, displaying miles/kw on the left, etc.
But as I said, I love the car. I drives wonderfully, software is getting better (the early bugs in the early 2.0 versions have largely gone away). Would I buy it again? Absolutely!

Software 2.0 was a great improvement, but I have lost the ability to charge at night on my ChargePoint Flex since then which has been an issue for me.

Do you know what rev Chargepoint you have? I went from Rev 1 to Rev 5 and Rev 5 works like a charm. Rev 1 not so much.

Do you know what rev Chargepoint you have? I went from Rev 1 to Rev 5 and Rev 5 works like a charm. Rev 1 not so much.
Not sure. My charger is 2-1/2 years old and it has always worked perfectly. I don’t think it is a ChargePoint issue, but rather Lucid. My ChargePoint Flex worked like a charm before Lucid went to the 2.0 software.

Not sure. My charger is 2-1/2 years old and it has always worked perfectly. I don’t think it is a ChargePoint issue, but rather Lucid. My ChargePoint Flex worked like a charm before Lucid went to the 2.0 software.

It's probably an earlier revision then. I had these same issues but going to Rev 5 cleared them. I believe the Lucid plays nicer with the latest model Charge Points. @LucidNC wrote detailed instructions on how to get the upgrade under warranty. It takes a few phone calls.

The car also had a bit of minor chipping on the backlit Lucid logo at the front of the hood, as have some other Airs. I wasn't going to worry about it just yet, but since it required removal of the bumper and they also had to take the bumper off for the tow hook repair, I asked that Lucid also replace the logo now to avoid another removal later. It took them two weeks to get the part.
I was wondering if anyone else has this problem

Got some chips, probably perfectly lined up rocks that hit the LUCID lit up lettering at the front. My U is chipped, any idea on go's much it costs to replace? And how to protect it in the future? My detailer told me the lettering was too small to get the adhesion to stick super well, he cut around it, but not onto the letters itself. But the chips occur on the sides not necessarily directly on the top

I was wondering if anyone else has this problem

Got some chips, probably perfectly lined up rocks that hit the LUCID lit up lettering at the front. My U is chipped, any idea on go's much it costs to replace? And how to protect it in the future? My detailer told me the lettering was too small to get the adhesion to stick super well, he cut around it, but not onto the letters itself. But the chips occur on the sides not necessarily directly on the top

Several posters on the this forum have experienced this chipping. Some photos have even been posted, but I don't remember on which thread.

Lucid replaced mine under warranty. However, the entire chrome strip has to be replaced, and this requires the removal of the front bumper. That, in turn, requires that the lidar be recalibrated. So it's a rather involved affair.

As some people have had multiple chips on this logo but none on the surrounding surfaces, I suspect it's an engineering/manufacturing defect rather than caused by road debris. I certainly have no other chipping anywhere on the front of my car.

I only had one chip and was going to wait for more chipping before undertaking the repair, hoping that Lucid would address the defect in the meantime. However, since the bumper was coming off for the tow hook recall, I decided to proceed with the logo replacement now.

@Sandvinsd - for the key fob, have you tried just lifting up the key towards the steering wheel? I keep my fob in my pocket and it has done this to me twice when I have stopped to drop the kids at school. When I put the car back in drive it asked for the pin. I just raised the fob (had to do this multiple times a day in my Model S) and it saw it again.

@Sandvinsd - for the key fob, have you tried just lifting up the key towards the steering wheel? I keep my fob in my pocket and it has done this to me twice when I have stopped to drop the kids at school. When I put the car back in drive it asked for the pin. I just raised the fob (had to do this multiple times a day in my Model S) and it saw it again.
Yes. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it still requires the pin. Was told by Frank that the Key Fob detection is up in the center of the car between the two seats And to point the Fob there.

Yes. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it still requires the pin. Was told by Frank that the Key Fob detection is up in the center of the car between the two seats And to point the Fob there.

That explains some things, I've noticed fob works better when I approach car from the sides than the front.

Back