1000 mile update

I don't want to derail this thread too much, but I think there's confusion between encoding and decoding. In order to have a recording IN Dolby Atmos it minimally has to have 5.1.4 ENCODED. You can take ANY signal even 2 channel stereo and upsample it to play on a Dolby Atmos system. You can easily take any CD recorded in 1995 and play it on a Dolby 7.2.4 and it will be decoded to utilize all the channels and sound awesome for example. Bluetooth does not support 5.1.4 encoding however the cars Dolby Atmos processor will upsample. I am looking to use Dolby Atmos ENCODED material which will require either the transport built in Tidal as an example or my own Player connected over USB. I don't want the EFFECT. Dolby 3.1 is fuzzy logic where center channel is created using info that is both Left and Right and using a crossover frequency to separate out the low frequency. That's how the Dolby Atmos soundbars work.

upsample old school for upmix, LOL

You’re right. I misunderstood your goals.

Here’s hoping they add USB input.

Here’s hoping they add USB input.
The DA told me last night that the USB ports were only for power and he had not heard anything about USB input. I did plug in some music flash drives in the USB-C and USB-A ports, but nothing came up on the screen.

Currently I'm using my iPhone as music source. I have downloaded all my music into it already. Unfortunately, they currently (or maybe never will) display any of the album art when streaming bluetooth music. I have also signed up for the free versions of Spotify, Tidal, iHeartRadio & TuneIn which work OK.

The DA told me last night that the USB ports were only for power and he had not heard anything about USB input. I did plug in some music flash drives in the USB-C and USB-A ports, but nothing came up on the screen.

Currently I'm using my iPhone as music source. I have downloaded all my music into it already. Unfortunately, they currently (or maybe never will) display any of the album art when streaming bluetooth music. I have also signed up for the free versions of Spotify, Tidal, iHeartRadio & TuneIn which work OK.

Did you listen to anything on Tidal that was recorded in Dolby Atmos?

The free service does does not include any high fidelity. audio.

Do you have Apple Music? If so you can find albums/songs that were recorded in Dolby Atmos and download them onto your iphone. I know Dawkta doesn't think this is "true" Dolby Atmos but I'd be interested to see what you think?

How HiFi is the Tidal streaming? Can you even get Dolby Atmos via streaming without loss?

If you can't get Dolby Atmos through streaming either Tidal or Apple Music (once we get CarPlay) what is the point of Lucid promoting the Dolby Atmos feature???

I'm not saying you can't, I'm just asking for someone who uses Tidal. I just signed up and there are 2 options for HIFI. The cheaper option uses FLAC for lossless signal, but I have no idea if that is still a Dolby Signal. The more expensive option has no loss, but obviously the bandwidth to stream that quality should be high.

Tidal is offering HIFI plus which is Dolby. Special promotion is $2 for 3 months, then $20/mo after that

I wish I had heard this before I finalized my order, need to see how I can cancel...

20211231_202653.jpg

Reactions: FFT
Tidal is offering HIFI plus which is Dolby. Special promotion is $2 for 3 months, then $20/mo after that
I signed up for that. Although the membership is for HiFi Plus, the car only supports "Normal" and "High". The other options (HiFi & Master), are not selectable - at least on my account/car:
tempImageOmbTT8.png

Yep, same spiel. Wonder if that means no Dolby but the song displays as Dolby?
20211231_203324.jpg

My salesperson will be getting an earful Monday. Who decided on this? Only one wireless charger, c'mon!
Yeah, and it's really hard to charge an iPhone 13 Pro Max. Because of the camera bump, the phone will not sit flush with the charging pad. To get it to charge (most of the time), you need to slide the phone down until it stops at the camera bump. Once wireless charging starts, you can slide it down all the way. The unfortunate thing is that even with it slid all the way down the console sliding cover will hit the phone and not be able to close - this is with an Apple Leather case. If you remove the case, the the console cover will slide and touch/skip over the phone and slide shut - it looks like it needs about 1mm extra of clearance with the bare phone and about 3mm clearance with the cased phone.

[The iPhone 13 Pro (not Max) will fit OK and charge. I think most 6.5"+ galaxy phones will also have problems.]

The implications here are far and wide. If there is no data connection in the USB ports then there will be no way to use a drive in a sentry mode like in the Tesla. If someone vandalized your vehicle you will have nothing to provide to insurance.

Second, I didn't see any fine print staying I'd have to but a subscription for Dolby Atmos to work.

Really @$$@ing good. I mean, I'm not an audiophile but it is easily the best sounding car stereo system I've heard.

Back