1.1.6 Thoughts

The lack of engine noise and speeds of a typical daily commute I think the lower noise level can reveal differences. Soundstage, separation, and range. I look forward to trials. Does the free version of TIDAL let you play highest resolution files or only pay version?
I would recommend trying their cheap trial:
Start 2022 with us​
For a limited time, enjoy 3 months of TIDAL HiFi Plus for $2 or TIDAL HiFi for $1.​
  1. The totally free plan only supports what they call "Good Sound Quality – Up to 160 kbp."
  2. The HiFi plan supports "HiFi Sound Quality – Up to 1411 kbps."
  3. The HiFi plus plan supports "Innovative Audio Formats – Up to 9216 kbps."
The car supports Normal, High, HiFi & Master Streaming. But even with a HiFi Plus plan, I can only select Normal or High. My Lucid TIDAL profile credentials show TIDAL HiFi, even though I'm signed up for HiFi Plus.

IMG_1771.jpeg

This is interesting, its almost if you will need to directly connect to the car to play HiFi and Master. Thanks @Alex

Astell & Kern and other DAP support TIDAL, so in theory once you can connect using USB...

Wow, that's nice but it's still 14 inches further away than the Tesla lol. Very conservative
Does the number represent a simple distance from sensor, or imputed smallest distance from any part of the car to the obstruction, taking into account expected path of travel from steering orientation?

If it starts complaining at nearly 4 feet, yeah, that does seem pretty conservative regardless.

The lack of engine noise and speeds of a typical daily commute I think the lower noise level can reveal differences. Soundstage, separation, and range.
Since this is my first EV I'm curious like you about how the lower ambient sound will help bring out details in recordings. My previous daily driver had the Mercedes Burmester system and it was pretty good, but road noise would drown out a lot of details and nuance in a recording. I've also found a lot of car stereos to rely too much the DSP to try and product imaging and end up leaving gaps in the frequency response.

A good example is the Hyundai Palisade we have. On some really demanding tracks (My Friends Never Die by Odesza and Raindrops by Basement Jaxx) it can end up completely eliminating certain transients or elements. They're not drowned out by road noise - they just aren't there.

Since we're pretty OT here, I went ahead and made a thread about the sound system

Before I go to new thread, keep in mind we will be sitting in the car for 20-40 minutes charging.

Does the number represent a simple distance from sensor, or imputed smallest distance from any part of the car to the obstruction, taking into account expected path of travel from steering orientation?

If it starts complaining at nearly 4 feet, yeah, that does seem pretty conservative regardless.
This is what I’m wondering also. Can you take a tape measure to it?

Back