1.1.6 Thoughts

F. Further to my initial statement Iwould like to ask the question. What happens when there is a critical software failure that is life threatening. I am all for technology advancement but this is a slippery territory.

Thank you another audiophile finally, I'm using Astell&Kern on car. Use CHORD TT2 at home.

@MoniputerLM needs to read this thread.

Seriously off-topic but I’ve got a moderate case of audiophilia as well. Five different systems in the house with the main one built around a Benchmark DAC3 feeding custom Hypex NC1200 monoblocks into seriously vintage B&W 801s. I have a Chord PolyMojo for around-the-house headphone listening.

I rarely listen to music in the car (Subaru) because the sound just doesn’t compare. It’s painful. I’m hoping the Lucid changes all that.

F. Further to my initial statement Iwould like to ask the question. What happens when there is a critical software failure that is life threatening. I am all for technology advancement but this is a slippery territory.
Oh I agree wholeheartedly! That's why I'm not in a rush for Lucid to fix software. Right now, while annoying, none of the issues I'm experiencing are safety concerns to me.

Thank you another audiophile finally, I'm using Astell&Kern on car. Use CHORD TT2 at home.

@MoniputerLM needs to read this thread.
I'm trying to follow. I looked it and it reminds me of an old walkman. Does that thing still use Bluetooth to connect?
I love listening to music in the car and am actually nervous about the "glass dome effect " diminishing the richness of the experience.
Do you think Audio warrants its own thread?

I'm trying to follow. I looked it and it reminds me of an old walkman. Does that thing still use Bluetooth to connect?
I love listening to music in the car and am actually nervous about the "glass dome effect " diminishing the richness of the experience.
I believe what warrants further discussion is there is no frequency settings as in a true EQ

Seriously off-topic but I’ve got a moderate case of audiophilia as well. Five different systems in the house with the main one built around a Benchmark DAC3 feeding custom Hypex NC1200 monoblocks into seriously vintage B&W 801s. I have a Chord PolyMojo for around-the-house headphone listening.

I rarely listen to music in the car (Subaru) because the sound just doesn’t compare. It’s painful. I’m hoping the Lucid changes all that.
Fellow hypex user! I’m (not actually) sad to say this but with custom NC1200 monoblocks you have a major case, not a minor case ;)

Haven’t gotten to try the system in the lucid properly yet, but the one test I did have (played Loyal by Odesza and Group Four by Massive Attack) had very good sound staging, but lacked bass. Apparently this Is a known issue with pre production cars.

Yes! Astell& Kern has Bluetooth. However, I think the lack of an engine will make the listening environment quiet enough you'll want the detail of a higher resolution file.

I can understand seein a new software on a loaner. But putting a beta version on a customers car to try has a huge legal liability that has serious ramifications.
Not really. I agreed to it. It wasn't a surprise.

Hey All,

As someone who has been running a beta build of 1.1.6 for a week now I thought I'd share some thoughts and observations. This is the build (or a version of it) that should ship this month that enables Dream Drive. My previous build before this was 1.0.8

- The UI feels WAY faster. Moving between the main screen and AC menu for example is much smoother.
- Bootup is faster but still too long.
- So many bug fixes here. My massage seats used to always time out after a few minutes, this fixed that.
- When you get close to an object it now tells you how many inches away you are depending on what camera pops up (front or rear). I love this. Makes parking easier.
- Reads speed limits very well and is constantly updating. When you exceed the posted limit the speed limit sign on the dash will turn red
- Adaptive cruise works very well and is easy to set and adjust.
- My audible books (or music) no longer autoplay when BT connects. HOORAY!
- Nav now gives you the ability to download state maps for offline use. But still no ability to mute the guidance lady.
- Alexa is still mostly a mess. Can't use it for calls or texts
- No CarPlay in this build

I'm sure I'm missing a ton, but this build is very solid and refined. If this was the shipping software I received with my car I would be happy. They are getting it together and doing it quickly. The future is bright.

If you have a particular question, feel free to ask.

j
I think the feature. That you described is phenomenal (When you get close to an object it now tells you how many inches away you are depending on what camera pops up (front or rear). can you take a photo of this please.

I think the feature. That you described is phenomenal (When you get close to an object it now tells you how many inches away you are depending on what camera pops up (front or rear). can you take a photo of this please.
I'm also glad to hear about this change. Tesla has been doing this since 2012, so I was a little afraid Lucid would not do it this way.

Off topic but include me in the audiophile niche I believe that’s three of us. Stay safe.
Four of us!

I‘m testing driving again in a week and will be bringing along my most demanding tracks to test the audio response. Will let you know what I find out.

Four of us!

I‘m testing driving again in a week and will be bringing along my most demanding tracks to test the audio response. Will let you know what I find out.
Great. How exciting for you to get to test drive one. Four audiophiles. Gotta appreciate that. Looking forward to the Seattle Showroom to get up and running. Then like yourself, I can go for a test drive and actually experience the Lucid Air Grand Touring instead of just reading about it. Until then, home listening to my system.

I was wondering if you can play directly off a usb drive. Wireless connections are so low fidelity. I have been plugging in lossless file thumb drives on my other cars with phenomenal hi fidelity results. 3-400 albums will last you a long time
Bluetooth is not even close to low fidelity. My JBL wireless speakers sound excellent.

Bluetooth is not even close to low fidelity. My JBL wireless speakers sound excellent.
I've always felt that the usual metrics by which audiophile stereo systems are measured don't really apply to cars, simply because the environment is much noisier than your average home. Depending on what audio codecs Lucid supports (and I hope it supports AAC because of my iPhone...would agree the baseline audio-over-BT codecs are not so good) it seems like even Bluetooth may be enough to supply the signal to a really nice sounding car audio system - where "nice sounding" is very, very subjective.

I've always felt that the usual metrics by which audiophile stereo systems are measured don't really apply to cars, simply because the environment is much noisier than your average home. Depending on what audio codecs Lucid supports (and I hope it supports AAC because of my iPhone...would agree the baseline audio-over-BT codecs are not so good) it seems like even Bluetooth may be enough to supply the signal to a really nice sounding car audio system - where "nice sounding" is very, very subjective.

The lack of engine noise and speeds of a typical daily commute I think the lower noise level can reveal differences. Soundstage, separation, and range. I look forward to trials. Does the free version of TIDAL let you play highest resolution files or only pay version?

The lack of engine noise and speeds of a typical daily commute I think the lower noise level can reveal differences. Soundstage, separation, and range. I look forward to trials. Does the free version of TIDAL let you play highest resolution files or only pay version?
Only pay, and not in super high definition in the car. But there is a 3 month trial for $3

Back