1.1.6 Thoughts

I was wondering if you can play directly off a usb drive. Wireless connections are so low fidelity. I have been plugging in lossless file thumb drives on my other cars with phenomenal hi fidelity results. 3-400 albums will last you a long time
Not "yet"

I haven’t been able to get the car to recognize a usb source. Someone posted that it was planned in a future update. I don’t know the source for that claim, although given pretty much every car on the market with usb can do this, I would expect the Air to have this with some future update.

thanks for the review.

> - Nav now gives you the ability to download state maps for offline use. But still no ability to mute the guidance lady.
can you download an area or more than 1 state at a time? also, does it show live traffic conditions?
You can pick however many states you like. I haven;t checked for traffic info but I will.

Did Homelink improve in 1.1.6? I still get the profit menu every time I hit the Homelink icon and then have to hit Homelink within the profile menu to bring up the door opener button. And when will geofencing arrive so that the Homelink activators come up automatically as you approach your garage?

Did Homelink improve in 1.1.6? I still get the profit menu every time I hit the Homelink icon and then have to hit Homelink within the profile menu to bring up the door opener button. And when will geofencing arrive so that the Homelink activators come up automatically as you approach your garage?
SInce this is a loaner i didn't set up homelink. But I did have that same issue with my car.

I think Alex said Homelink will geofence from the spot you set it up? Have you tried that? But also, I probably wouldn't even bother until after your car goes in for repairs

The "HomeLink icon" you are initially hitting, is not a single icon: It's a single button/status bar with a bunch of icons on it – it might as well say, "Press for more options". You can press anywhere on it, including the temperature and time and the effect is the same. The fact that sometimes the correct menu pops up is due to where you are located. For example, if you are near your garage, then HomeLink will pop up. If you are driving around, who knows what will pop up. It also has a tendency to pop up what was previously being viewed. When I'm sitting in the garage, pressing the status bar will always bring up the HomeLink menu. If I then press the WiFi menu, it will pop up briefly and then go back to HomeLink. The Bluetooth menu appears to stay in place, but if WiFi is pressed after the Bluetooth menu, the HomeLink menu will come back shortly thereafter.

If my understanding of this is wrong, then they have a poorly design button/status bar. It's redundant to have that status bar and then have similar buttons once you press that, but that's what they decided was "best".

Status Bar.jpg

I was wondering if you can play directly off a usb drive. Wireless connections are so low fidelity. I have been plugging in lossless file thumb drives on my other cars with phenomenal hi fidelity results. 3-400 albums will last you a long time

Thank you another audiophile finally, I'm using Astell&Kern on car. Use CHORD TT2 at home.

@MoniputerLM needs to read this thread.

I think Alex said Homelink will geofence from the spot you set it up? Have you tried that? But also, I probably wouldn't even bother until after your car goes in for repairs

I (or rather the delivery rep) programmed the Homelink while the car was sitting in the garage. The Homelink is not geofenced for my garage or for anyplace else, as the link never comes up automatically anywhere.

The "HomeLink icon" you are initially hitting, is not a single icon: It's a single button/status bar with a bunch of icons on it – it might as well say, "Press for more options". You can press anywhere on it, including the temperature and time and the effect is the same.

Well, at least that explains what I'm experiencing. I'm sorry, but this is about as moronic a way to program access to these features as I could imagine.

For example, if you are near your garage, then HomeLink will pop up.

The car is in the driveway facing the garage door when I hit the Homelink button. Almost always, though, it's the Profile menu that comes up. I then have to hit the Homelink icon that is within that menu. I then have to hit the button for the specific door. It's at least a 3-step process to open or close the damned door . . . more if the door won't move on the first press of the button, as is often the case.

I'm still keeping the hand remote in the car and sometimes just grab it if I want to open or close the door quickly. This Homelink feature is more of a nuisance than a help as currently configured. Both our Tesla and Honda use Homelink, and both will open and close the garage doors with a single push of a button. So the problem is not with Homelink, but with the way Lucid has programmed it to work with the car.

Hey All,

As someone who has been running a beta build of 1.1.6 for a week now I thought I'd share some thoughts and observations. This is the build (or a version of it) that should ship this month that enables Dream Drive. My previous build before this was 1.0.8

- The UI feels WAY faster. Moving between the main screen and AC menu for example is much smoother.
- Bootup is faster but still too long.
- So many bug fixes here. My massage seats used to always time out after a few minutes, this fixed that.
- When you get close to an object it now tells you how many inches away you are depending on what camera pops up (front or rear). I love this. Makes parking easier.
- Reads speed limits very well and is constantly updating. When you exceed the posted limit the speed limit sign on the dash will turn red
- Adaptive cruise works very well and is easy to set and adjust.
- My audible books (or music) no longer autoplay when BT connects. HOORAY!
- Nav now gives you the ability to download state maps for offline use. But still no ability to mute the guidance lady.
- Alexa is still mostly a mess. Can't use it for calls or texts
- No CarPlay in this build

I'm sure I'm missing a ton, but this build is very solid and refined. If this was the shipping software I received with my car I would be happy. They are getting it together and doing it quickly. The future is bright.

If you have a particular question, feel free to ask.

j
Actually, if you are able to, can you post the patch notes for us?

Actually, if you are able to, can you post the patch notes for us?
I tried, when I clicked on the info button the pilot panel opened up a web browser that took me to lucidmotors.com. I think since it's beta there aren't any release notes as some things in it may or may not make it to production.

I tried, when I clicked on the info button the pilot panel opened up a web browser that took me to lucidmotors.com. I think since it's beta there aren't any release notes as some things in it may or may not make it to production.
Ooh that's spicy, since all their other release notes pointed to atieva

At the end of the day...every car has its quirks that drive us nuts. It is just that each car has different quirks. Each of us has a list (in our heads at least) or features we require, features we would like but don't absolutely need, features we don't want but can live with, and features that will kill the deal for us.

It will be interesting, to me, to see where Lucid ends up when they get to my car.

I can understand seein a new software on a loaner. But putting a beta version on a customers car to try has a huge legal liability that has serious ramifications.

I can understand seein a new software on a loaner. But putting a beta version on a customers car to try has a huge legal liability that has serious ramifications.
So is Tesla being sued into the ground for their "beta" fsd?

Back