You May Get Your Best Mileage at 20 mph…

MPawelek

Cars
None
Interesting graph done by Tesla.
548E7559-5201-4256-BAA5-17E9043FBAF2.jpeg

That’s probably true. And also pretty much toilet paper, cuz I’d rather have 100 miles of range than drive 20mph. But if there was massive multi state blackout then this might actually be pretty helpful cuz maybe I could drive very slowly to somewhere that had electricity. This reminds me of how, when Texas had the blackout winter, some people were like “hehehe you losers with electric cars are screwed…” not realizing that gas stations require electricity to pump gas.

That’s probably true. And also pretty much toilet paper, cuz I’d rather have 100 miles of range than drive 20mph. But if there was massive multi state blackout then this might actually be pretty helpful cuz maybe I could drive very slowly to somewhere that had electricity. This reminds me of how, when Texas had the blackout winter, some people were like “hehehe you losers with electric cars are screwed…” not realizing that gas stations require electricity to pump gas.
Yeah, and we have a generator, so I can charge my car!

Nah you can siphon it straight from the tanks!

Next Texas Winter storm, I hope I can charge my house from AGT, fingers crossed for bidirectional option…

I will not have my AGT until July but curious about stress on the AGT motors when frequently flooring it from a full stop. I don't understand the mechanics of electric motors enough to know if doing that often is stressful for the motors. Thoughts?

I will not have my AGT until July but curious about stress on the AGT motors when frequently flooring it from a full stop. I don't understand the mechanics of electric motors enough to know if doing that often is stressful for the motors. Thoughts?
Your stomach is much more likely to have problems with this than the motor.

I didn’t floor it, but I did hit 135mph and feel still a lot room to go more. But I’m already got FUD if random animal run across freeway that I may not be able to stop fast enough.

From 50mph to 100mph is EASY vroom vroom to take over any car on freeway. In fact, it feels like other cars just paused in slow motion to let you pass.

This motor can take 20,000 RPM unlike ICE 7000~8000 RPM.

I didn’t floor it, but I did hit 135mph and feel still a lot room to go more. But I’m already got FUD if random animal run across freeway that I may not be able to stop fast enough.
Yeah I had some straight stretch on a back road today and went from 35-90 in about 3 seconds but had exactly the same thought of a cat running across the street so I lifted off. I know people bitch about the software but it’s not THAT bad, it’s just annoying and needs some improvement, but once you just drive the thing around it makes me not care about the digital defects, and it’s sooooo hard to not stomp the pedal anytime a safe opportunity presents itself because you can literally make this car do whatever you want and it feels like it can pull it off. Like if there’s no gap in traffic for you to merge into, no problem, you just rocket past all those losers and jump to the front of the line.

Your stomach is much more likely to have problems with this than the motor.

Your stomach, and your sense of equilibrium. Even in our relatively sedate Tesla Model X100D, my head still swims vertigo-like, when I floor it.

Back