WSJ Lucid Touring Review

I'm probably the "average person" by your definition, and I have to say I'm underwhelmed by the premium audio. Certainly no better than my Cayenne compared side to side using same sources. But I agree it's subjective in the real world.

BTW when listening critically, I find the fan noise distracting, even at low speeds

Fan noise? I can barely hear mine at all, unless I have it cranked up. I must be going deaf…

I wouldn't say "silent"--in the garage trying to experience Tidal Atmos, the fans at the lowest speed are intrusive

Driving below 40+ MPH, the "turbo whine" is very apparent , and increases/decreases depending on speed (certainly not as pronounced as Cayenne twin turbo--with gear shift/revving--)

Add in tire-to-pavement noise---normal for sure. But my car is far from "silent".

Not unhappy with it, but given the noises I have, I wish I hadn't spent 3K on premium audio...a bit like wearing "noise-canceling" headphones on an airplane..."cancel "is in the ear of the beholder...

Thank you for fleshing out your remark about fan noise. I agree with you about the cumulative impact of all the noise sources.

I long for a tomb-silent car myself. What else could Lucid’s designers have done to mitigate NVH, double paned glass all around? Active Noise Cancelling, which I’ve heard from some quarters say that it doesn’t work all that well?

Thank you for fleshing out your remark about fan noise. I agree with you about the cumulative impact of all the noise sources.

I long for a tomb-silent car myself. What else could Lucid’s designers have done to mitigate NVH, double paned glass all around? Active Noise Cancelling, which I’ve heard from some quarters say that it doesn’t work all that well?
I think maybe it takes travel outside the earth's atmosphere (c/f Space Odyssey 2001)...otherwise every earth-bound car will have some combo of wind and tire noise...My Touring has a pronounced "turbine" whirl which I kinda like, and expect to eventually ignore

Back